The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I hesitated in mentioning this because, well, when compared to the health concerns of others here my problems are pretty minor. I'm mentioning it because I haven't had time to read all the posts so I might be covering things already covered. Sorry about that! Anyway, I spent all of the past week in the hospital having tests run and ultimately having a pacemaker implanted. I am home now and doing well, actually much better then I was doing before I decided to have that weird feeling in my chest investigated.

It turned out that I had developed an irregular heartbeat sometime around the time I moved in March. Didn't know what it was I was feeling but then the last couple of months it had been far more intense so I finally got it through my thick head to do something about it. I wasn't having chest pains or feeling anything other then a hollow feeling in my chest and, when most intense, was making me weak and shaky to the point of sometimes getting winded just walking across the room. In the hospital it was discovered that my pulse was fluctuating between 70 bpm and dropping to 40 bpm and then back, at random. 40 is good for an athlete, but not for someone as old and out of shape as I am. Anyway, I missed an entire week of posts and very well might have missed something important, but I am now ready to move on with a machine, sown in my chest, that is now regulating the speed my engine runs. On the plus side I did test negative for Covid 19, so I got that going for me. The downside is this is going to dig deeply in my golfing time for the next 6 weeks. Fortunately, here in NC, we can play year round.

Oh my, I'm sorry to hear of your heart problems. I'm glad they were able to figure out what was going wrong and get you on track to recovery. I hope the pacemaker keeps you ticking for awhile! ;) :hilarious::)

We weren't too rowdy while your were gone and @Rista1313 told us we have to behave while she is in Vegas.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Waiting on word to decide whether to book a room for the next 2/3 days. Surprisingly, what we want is available and still discounted at WDW. But I can't imagine it will last long, so I am stressing a bit!

Today, the hospital is definitely kicking Brian's Dad out. They tried last week, we appealed, they denied. We appealed again, they said fine, but he still has to get out in the meantime. With C.Diff, no less (which suddenly, miraculously cleared up?)

The brothers had been looking for an off site rehab facility. Then there may be an arrangement where the family pays Brian to take the night shift at the house, and have a nurse during the day. Brian can continue nursing school through that. (He got A's on both of his tests yesterday - my little nerd nurse!)

The wife knows the owner of a place nearby and arranged to have a bed ready for him. Of course, this keeps her having too much control, and her preferred doctor as well. (We all don't like this doctor.) We found paperwork that designated the oldest brother as the medical surrogate, so technically, he makes all the decisions.

Knowing Brian may be out of the house again, and we both have a lot on our plates through the end of the year, and haven't been "away" since WDW last September, we could really use a head-clearing bubble break. The Keys are an option. WDW is currently an option. We really want to bring the dog, so the cabins are perfect - away from people, something new for us, and I think the dog will feel like it's more of a "house" and would be more OK with us going out for dinner vs. being in a standard hotel room.

I really want to book this!! The brothers were just asking if Brian could go visit Dad in the new place - we don't even know if visitors are allowed - but if he could visit today/tonight...I guess we should not plan anything for tomorrow. I'd love to book Wednesday/Thursday!!
Sorry babbling LOL. I'm at my limits.

I hope that you are able to book the cabins and have a little getaway. And so cool that Kylie could come with. How is her leg doing?

I'm glad to hear that Brian is doing well with nursing school. 🤓 Sorry to hear that things are still stressful with his dad's health situation. It would be nice if Brian could get paid to watch him at night and good nursing experience for him. I could imagine that it could be a little rough for you two as well though. Best wishes on that.

InnKpr

I hesitated in mentioning this because, well, when compared to the health concerns of others here my problems are pretty minor. I'm mentioning it because I haven't had time to read all the posts so I might be covering things already covered. Sorry about that! Anyway, I spent all of the past week in the hospital having tests run and ultimately having a pacemaker implanted. I am home now and doing well, actually much better then I was doing before I decided to have that weird feeling in my chest investigated.

It turned out that I had developed an irregular heartbeat sometime around the time I moved in March. Didn't know what it was I was feeling but then the last couple of months it had been far more intense so I finally got it through my thick head to do something about it. I wasn't having chest pains or feeling anything other then a hollow feeling in my chest and, when most intense, was making me weak and shaky to the point of sometimes getting winded just walking across the room. In the hospital it was discovered that my pulse was fluctuating between 70 bpm and dropping to 40 bpm and then back, at random. 40 is good for an athlete, but not for someone as old and out of shape as I am. Anyway, I missed an entire week of posts and very well might have missed something important, but I am now ready to move on with a machine, sown in my chest, that is now regulating the speed my engine runs. On the plus side I did test negative for Covid 19, so I got that going for me. The downside is this is going to dig deeply in my golfing time for the next 6 weeks. Fortunately, here in NC, we can play year round.
That is scary, but glad you got this looked at and they were able to get you taken care of. Stay well.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Tony the Tigger

And so cool that Kylie could come with. How is her leg doing?
Pretty well! It has taken a long time, but there is no noticeable limping anymore. I still wouldn't want to stress it, but she seems fine. And her home-cooked meal diet seems to be agreeing with her as well. (I just have to do more research on nutritionally complete recipes, because I know she's not really getting that right now - but we're still doing half kibble, so I figure that covers it.)
I'm glad to hear that Brian is doing well with nursing school.
100% on one test and 90% on the other! He spends a lot of time in the room working on this.

They are just now moving his Dad to the new facility. Visitation is iffy. Apparently they recently had one employee (out of 200) test positive for COVID. So all visitation stopped. That person then tested negative soon after, so they think it may have been a false positive. They said when visitation resumes, it will be for one visitor per day for 30 minutes. Going anywhere tomorrow is out. (Unless we do book Disney and drive up late Tuesday night to stay at a cheap hotel first, like we have done before, just to wake up and already be there!)

I don't want to be insensitive about going away while his Dad is going through all this. OTOH, I know B could use the break as well as I. I don't even care if it's raining or whatever lol.

I'm thinking best case scenario, he gets to see his Dad settled in tomorrow, and we go somewhere tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. If the pet-friendly rooms we need at Disney are no longer available, our usual place in Marathon Key is.

But I really want to go to Disney! LOL. Hmm...where to have a really nice dinner with points...

Songbird76

Well now, that sounds scary, but I'm glad it's taken care of!! My dad had an irregular heartbeat, but not that bad. They put him on some sort of meds and he was fine. I think if they catch it and keep an eye on it, it's generally ok. Just make sure if you feel funny, you let your doctor know!!

Songbird76

Waiting on word to decide whether to book a room for the next 2/3 days. Surprisingly, what we want is available and still discounted at WDW. But I can't imagine it will last long, so I am stressing a bit!

Today, the hospital is definitely kicking Brian's Dad out. They tried last week, we appealed, they denied. We appealed again, they said fine, but he still has to get out in the meantime. With C.Diff, no less (which suddenly, miraculously cleared up?)

The brothers had been looking for an off site rehab facility. Then there may be an arrangement where the family pays Brian to take the night shift at the house, and have a nurse during the day. Brian can continue nursing school through that. (He got A's on both of his tests yesterday - my little nerd nurse!)

The wife knows the owner of a place nearby and arranged to have a bed ready for him. Of course, this keeps her having too much control, and her preferred doctor as well. (We all don't like this doctor.) We found paperwork that designated the oldest brother as the medical surrogate, so technically, he makes all the decisions.

Knowing Brian may be out of the house again, and we both have a lot on our plates through the end of the year, and haven't been "away" since WDW last September, we could really use a head-clearing bubble break. The Keys are an option. WDW is currently an option. We really want to bring the dog, so the cabins are perfect - away from people, something new for us, and I think the dog will feel like it's more of a "house" and would be more OK with us going out for dinner vs. being in a standard hotel room.

I really want to book this!! The brothers were just asking if Brian could go visit Dad in the new place - we don't even know if visitors are allowed - but if he could visit today/tonight...I guess we should not plan anything for tomorrow. I'd love to book Wednesday/Thursday!!
Sorry babbling LOL. I'm at my limits.
I'm not sure whether to like this post or to put a sad on it, etc. I'm glad you've got a place for Brian's dad, but it's sad that they are kicking him out. And yay for Brian acing his tests! Way to go!

I'd say you totally deserve a little get away and it seems like now would be a good time to go, not on a weekend, which I've read are busier. I hope it works out!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom