The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Extra cleaning now is true; but (starting with 2 years ago--my last visit), on that visit and the 4-5 other ones prior to that year, the rooms were not ready on time. It was often 4 - 5 PM, before I could get into my room.

Others have also documented this (in the Disney-owned hotels, in addition to Swolfin) in multiple TRs, for example. It's across the board, and may only be worse now with the enhanced cleaning, although I imagine the occupancy levels are way down now, from 2 years ago.
Swolfin is Marriot-operated, so that's on them.

Being DVC, we don't expect our rooms to be ready until 4 pm and my parents haven't mentioned any issues lately (I'm usually not there at check-in). We got there at 4 last time and the room was ready.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
True, although I think they also can only have one person cleaning a room at a time.

No idea about the food court situation. Beach Club Marketplace was closed, so we were eating in parks. Mobile Ordering was still going smoothly.
Just search Pop for bus lines and food
Court.

True one room At A time but the rooms
Per hour cleaned by the amount of housekeepers at each resort on the job per Hour mathematically substantially improves on time access to a room. 2nd grade math.

Guests having rooms at full cost first night Less than 12 hours is wrong. But this was happening before Covid just even worse Now

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hmm. (I must have missed something between yesterday and today.) 🤔

That aside, what I do know is that only rascals get their posts moderated ! :hilarious: :p
@The Mom or @wdwmagic have little
Tolerance for bypassing the filters to keep this family friendly vocabulary. It isn’t a badge of honor
In the owners eyes to thwart the rules of his site. I had to go backwards a day and then I understood

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Swolfin is Marriot-operated, so that's on them.

Being DVC, we don't expect our rooms to be ready until 4 pm and my parents haven't mentioned any issues lately (I'm usually not there at check-in). We got there at 4 last time and the room was ready.

DVC may have its own guidelines, and great if they can stick to them. What I was referring to (and I'm well aware that Swolfin is not a Disney-owned hotel), were the complaints I've read in various TRs, from people who reserved regular hotels rooms (not DVC) in the Disney-owned, on-site properties.

Lilofan

Surprised Disney doesn’t watch for alligators more carefully on that particular body of water just because.

In 2018 A baby was on the sidewalk between FL train station and Space.
😮

View attachment 499250

View attachment 499251
From a distance it looks like those jumping lizards one sees all over FL. Once it gets in your home, hotel room, forget it. You won't catch it and in a few weeks you will see it shriveled up in a corner somewhere.

Songbird76

I don’t do cosmetics. Never was into them.
Me either. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup in high school, so I never got into the habit and I just don't bother. I wear it for performances and once in a while for a special occassion, but mostly not. And I grow my hair out specifically to donate it, so I don't want to use a lot of product in it. I just wash it and put it in a ponytail or braid every day and let it air dry. That's the extent of my beauty regimen. I do use moisturizer for my face after I've showered...does that count?

Songbird76

My wife was never into it either and that was probably one of the things that attracted me to her. Looking back over my limited experience with playing the game I think I must have been attracted to the non-concealed look without being aware of it for years. What I am about to say is not an attack on anyone, just explaining why I feel that way. Over cosmetic use always looked like someone was trying to hide something. It was almost impossible for me to see the real person because they were painted a tad to much. A little, like eyeshadow, for example, is the limit. Lipstick was not something I wanted to deal with. I wanted any kisses I might receive to not taste like plastic. 💄👎

To be clear, if the situation is casual or social, I have absolutely no concern about makeup even if it looks like it was applied with a trowel. It's just for a more personal relationship. At 72 none of that is anything more than fantasy anyway.😭🙂
I don't think you're alone in that. My husband doesn't like the "fake" look. He thinks tweezed/waxed eyebrows look ridiculous, so I've never worried about him not finding me attractive if I didn't do the extreme beauty procedures. He doesn't mind makeup, as long as it's not caked on, but it's not something he would ever ask me to do to look nice.

I've never forbid E to wear makeup, and very very occassionally, I've noticed her wearing mascara, but that's it. I don't think she even HAS anything but a tube of mascara that came with some magazine my MIL bought her when the kids were staying with them in a vacation one time. I always mention it when she wears it, so she knows I know, but she's never been inappropriate with application, so I don't see a problem with it. We've talked about it, and I've mentioned part of the reason I don't wear it is because once you start, you have to continue....people get used to seeing you with it on. Then if you wake up late one day, or you are running behind, or just don't feel like it, everyone comments on how tired or ill you look, because they've never seen you without it. And then when you have a special occassion, how do you make yourself look special? I'd rather save it for those occassions where I want to bump up my appearance a bit. But that's just my way, and she knows she doesn't have to do what I do just because that's what I prefer. But I think she also sees the logic in it, and she just wears it when she wants a little boost. I do the same thing with my clothes...sometimes I'll just feel like I want a pick-me-up, so I'll dress up a bit. No occassion, just my mood that day.

Songbird76

DVC may have its own guidelines, and great if they can stick to them. What I was referring to (and I'm well aware that Swolfin is not a Disney-owned hotel), were the complaints I've read in various TRs, from people who reserved regular hotels rooms (not DVC) in the Disney-owned, on-site properties.
I've seen that, too...I think there was one who said their room wasn't ready until after 8pm? And don't the parks close at 7? So you come out of the park, and still can't get into your room....where do you go?

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
I always thought lipstick had a weird taste (not that I ate it ;) ) and smelled funny. So I never wanted to wear it, I do use an unscented lip moisturizer/chapstick. I remember being in dance as a kid and we had to wear a ton of makeup for the recital and my mom was trying to put lipstick on me and I was gagging at the smell, not a fun experience that must have turned me off of it.

I did not routinely wear lipstick - but, according to my Dermatologist I should have as I have developed keratitis along my lip line which has to be frozen off (hurts like hell and leaves a scab) periodically.

If you don't wear lipstick, make sure you wear some covering that filters sunlight. Just a PSA for today.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I did not routinely wear lipstick - but, according to my Dermatologist I should have as I have developed keratitis along my lip line which has to be frozen off (hurts like hell and leaves a scab) periodically.

If you don't wear lipstick, make sure you wear some covering that filters sunlight. Just a PSA for today.

yes it is important to have some sun protection for lips as well. The lip moisturizer I use has Some spf in it. I was listening to a podcast yesterday and the topic of cancer on lips came up. Most people don’t think of it happening on the lip.

MouseDreaming

The second (lower) floor and site plan...just didn’t post ‘em ‘cause they weren’t as exciting...and, yes, that is a bocce ball court at the back on the site plan...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 498443
View attachment 498442
My favorite part of this house is the conservatory. I have been trying to get the kids on board with changing the den from play room to music room. Don't need toy boxes anymore, and I keep tripping over music cases.

MouseDreaming

MouseDreaming

I don't think you're alone in that. My husband doesn't like the "fake" look. He thinks tweezed/waxed eyebrows look ridiculous, so I've never worried about him not finding me attractive if I didn't do the extreme beauty procedures. He doesn't mind makeup, as long as it's not caked on, but it's not something he would ever ask me to do to look nice.

I've never forbid E to wear makeup, and very very occassionally, I've noticed her wearing mascara, but that's it. I don't think she even HAS anything but a tube of mascara that came with some magazine my MIL bought her when the kids were staying with them in a vacation one time. I always mention it when she wears it, so she knows I know, but she's never been inappropriate with application, so I don't see a problem with it. We've talked about it, and I've mentioned part of the reason I don't wear it is because once you start, you have to continue....people get used to seeing you with it on. Then if you wake up late one day, or you are running behind, or just don't feel like it, everyone comments on how tired or ill you look, because they've never seen you without it. And then when you have a special occassion, how do you make yourself look special? I'd rather save it for those occassions where I want to bump up my appearance a bit. But that's just my way, and she knows she doesn't have to do what I do just because that's what I prefer. But I think she also sees the logic in it, and she just wears it when she wants a little boost. I do the same thing with my clothes...sometimes I'll just feel like I want a pick-me-up, so I'll dress up a bit. No occassion, just my mood that day.
My DD hated make up. Couldn't stand the lipstick, and mascara in particular for dance competitions. I gave up on any makeup by the time I had two littles running around. I thought great, she won't want to wear makeup, she hates the stuff. Flash forward to her 17 year old self. Hours in the bathroom. New packages from Ulta and Amazon. Special shampoo, special face regimen. All looks nice, don't get me wrong. And she has a job, so she springs for all of this herself. It is just sometimes, you just want to be able to get a shower in, and the only one in my house is in that bathroom. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom