The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I've never been into cosmetics either. I used to do some eyeliner, mascara, and a little cover up & powder but I haven't bothered in quite awhile. My husband doesn't care if I wear any and more importantly I'm fine with how I look without it. My mom and sister are into it but just was never my thing. Maybe I just don't have a talent for putting it on.
My wife was never into it either and that was probably one of the things that attracted me to her. Looking back over my limited experience with playing the game I think I must have been attracted to the non-concealed look without being aware of it for years. What I am about to say is not an attack on anyone, just explaining why I feel that way. Over cosmetic use always looked like someone was trying to hide something. It was almost impossible for me to see the real person because they were painted a tad to much. A little, like eyeshadow, for example, is the limit. Lipstick was not something I wanted to deal with. I wanted any kisses I might receive to not taste like plastic. 💄👎

To be clear, if the situation is casual or social, I have absolutely no concern about makeup even if it looks like it was applied with a trowel. It's just for a more personal relationship. At 72 none of that is anything more than fantasy anyway.😭🙂

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My wife was never into it either and that was probably one of the things that attracted me to her. Looking back over my limited experience with playing the game I think I must have been attracted to the non-concealed look without being aware of it for years. What I am about to say is not an attack on anyone, just explaining why I feel that way. Over cosmetic use always looked like someone was trying to hide something. It was almost impossible for me to see the real person because they were painted a tad to much. A little, like eyeshadow, for example, is the limit. Lipstick was not something I wanted to deal with. I wanted any kisses I might receive to not taste like plastic. 💄👎

To be clear, if the situation is casual or social, I have absolutely no concern about makeup even if it looks like it was applied with a trowel. It's just for a more personal relationship. At 72 none of that is anything more then fantasy anyway.😭🙂

I always thought lipstick had a weird taste (not that I ate it ;) ) and smelled funny. So I never wanted to wear it, I do use an unscented lip moisturizer/chapstick. I remember being in dance as a kid and we had to wear a ton of makeup for the recital and my mom was trying to put lipstick on me and I was gagging at the smell, not a fun experience that must have turned me off of it.

Goofyernmost

I always thought lipstick had a weird taste (not that I ate it ;) ) and smelled funny. So I never wanted to wear it, I do use an unscented lip moisturizer/chapstick. I remember being in dance as a kid and we had to wear a ton of makeup for the recital and my mom was trying to put lipstick on me and I was gagging at the smell, not a fun experience that must have turned me off of it.
Those two problems are just as severe second hand. 😄 A study done how much lipstick women actually swallow says the following... "21.9 grams per year x 76 years (average lifetime) of daily lipstick wear = 1664.4 grams or roughly 1.7 kilograms in a lifetime. For those familiar with pounds over kilograms, that amounts to about 3.7 pounds in a lifetime " 🤢

donaldtoo

We all (myself, DWifey, Sarah, Matthew, Megan, Daniel, Emmy, and my next youngest bro Chris) visited with my folks this mornin’. It was another great visit...my folks are so happy with they’re great grand daughter...they can’t touch or hug, but, somehow Emmy seems to understand...she is just so smart (didn’t come from me, obviously :cautious::D:cool:), and is beyond such a joy in all our lives...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:

12D1F06D-B1A6-471C-B06E-E831A16F87A3.jpeg6114FDFA-9E38-45A2-9933-CF47F08FC3A3.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Remember though that right now there's enhanced cleaning going on...so they have to wait for the previous people to be out of the room at 11 am (which some hotels are 10 am, so Disney is actually a bit later). They're actually steam cleaning carpets and wiping down high touch areas (you even get your TV remote in a bag with a "clean" sticker on it). It just takes longer to do. I think the room ready time used to be 3 pm for non-DVC and 4 pm for DVC...I think it's still 4 pm for DVC but now is also 4 pm for everyone else.
But they should adequately staff. The food courts are crazy long waits too. If they are going to up the guest attendance levels the entire resort needs to be staffed better. This week it is obvious they boosted their attendance levels by long lines just about everywhere.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The gators will be big in no time especially if guests keep throwing food to them like some do staying at the Polynesian bungalows right on the water.
Surprised Disney doesn’t watch for alligators more carefully on that particular body of water just because.

In 2018 A baby was on the sidewalk between FL train station and Space.
😮

45E0EF5A-39CD-414B-913D-3BC891587497.jpeg

7E230931-B685-49C5-809C-464A8F18A426.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

But they should adequately staff. The food courts are crazy long waits too. If they are going to up the guest attendance levels the entire resort needs to be staffed better. This week it is obvious they boosted their attendance levels by long lines just about everywhere.
True, although I think they also can only have one person cleaning a room at a time.

No idea about the food court situation. Beach Club Marketplace was closed, so we were eating in parks. Mobile Ordering was still going smoothly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom