The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We’ve heard of it and heard the bbq is awesome, but, we’ve never been to Lexington, TX., even though it’s only about an hour away...I wonder how much longer I would need to live to eat at every great bbq joint in Texas...???!!!!! 🤔:hilarious:

As a side note to the above, there is a Lexington in N. C. It has a hugely popular reputation for some of the best barbeque in the country. Some years ago, one of my brothers (who lives in N.C.) took me to a barbeque place down there and it was awesome!!! :hungry: :hungry:

Songbird76

Sounds like they are really bad drivers in the Netherlands. So, you shouldn't slow down when people are about to cross in front of your car? Seems downright ludicrous.
Apparently not if they don't have the right-of-way. Of course, if you end up hitting someone, even if they didn't have right of way, it's your fault and you are liable. So really you ARE supposed to make sure you don't actually hit them. But you should wait until the last possible second so they will hopefully rethink stepping in front of you. If you brake, it gives them the impression that you are relinquishing your right of way to them. If you keep going, they will be less likely to step out in front of you. But one of them was already in front of me. I HAD to slow down so I didn't hit him. But then the other 10 doinks figured "Well, she's stopping anyway, we might as well go." They DID rethink it when I kept going after the initial slowing down, but it kind of created what I considered to be a traffic hazzard, because they were crossing from the other side and then had to stop right in the middle of the street where they would have been in the way of oncoming traffic. Fortunately no one was coming from that direction, but it didn't make much sense to me.

Good news is I got the letter approving my health form so I can schedule my driving test now.

Songbird76

Wait.. you passed your test already, why are you still taking lessons?
No, I passed the WRITTEN test. I still have to do the driving test. But you can't schedule the driving test until you've passed the written test, and there's a massive waiting list...even longer since Covid forced all the scheduled tests to be canceled for several months and they all had to be rescheduled. So now they are working their way through the rescheduled ones and the waitlist is like 10 weeks long.

Rista1313

As a side note to the above, there is a Lexington in N. C. It has a hugely popular reputation for some of the best barbeque in the country. Some years ago, one of my brothers (who lives in N.C.) took me to a barbeque place down there and it was awesome!!! :hungry: :hungry:

NC bbq is a whole different beast. When I lived in Raleigh, I was scared that it was a vinegar mustard based sauce, versus my beloved red sauce, I was stupid, it's so good!

Rista1313

No, I passed the WRITTEN test. I still have to do the driving test. But you can't schedule the driving test until you've passed the written test, and there's a massive waiting list...even longer since Covid forced all the scheduled tests to be canceled for several months and they all had to be rescheduled. So now they are working their way through the rescheduled ones and the waitlist is like 10 weeks long.

oooh! well at least you have more time to practice driving non defensively? Go run people over girl!

Goofyernmost

oooh! well at least you have more time to practice driving non defensively? Go run people over girl!
It's kind of good to know that just about every nation has its share of brain dead lawmakers. It's not really unusual in the states to have people crossing in random spots, but regardless they still have the right of way if they have started to cross already. Even here we can keep going if it is not a designated crossing area, but regardless, wouldn't everyone see the logic in not taking the chance of killing people? 🤯

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom