The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Our last baseball game was just cancelled due to COVID.

Not because someone tested positive, but because 5 parents backed out of the other team, leaving them with not enough to play. I don’t know if it was due to fear when another school shut down their program when a kid tested positive, or because cases are rising. They were obviously playing the past several weeks.

Anyway, this means the season came to an abrupt end. T is super disappointed. They only played a total of 4 games. :(
Coach is trying to see if there’s enough who want to do a scrimmage or at least have 1 more practice. Tryouts are coming up in a few weeks, but after that, baseball is over til next spring for most.

93boomer

Premium Member
Oldest DD turned 29 today...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
We distanced at the park near them with the creek, but, I’m not posting any pics of playtime in the creek, as my folks couldn’t get down there. They didn’t mind sittin’ up top for a bit, as the park itself is beautiful enough anyway...!!! :)

View attachment 483220View attachment 483221View attachment 483222View attachment 483223View attachment 483224View attachment 483225View attachment 483226View attachment 483227View attachment 483228View attachment 483229
Loving that outfit! Blue jeans and the watermelon top!!!! ❤️
Happy Birthday!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oldest DD turned 29 today...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
We distanced at the park near them with the creek, but, I’m not posting any pics of playtime in the creek, as my folks couldn’t get down there. They didn’t mind sittin’ up top for a bit, as the park itself is beautiful enough anyway...!!! :)

View attachment 483220View attachment 483221View attachment 483222View attachment 483223View attachment 483224View attachment 483225View attachment 483226View attachment 483227View attachment 483228View attachment 483229

Looks like a lovely day! Happy Birthday to her!

donaldtoo

That "draft" horse was gorgeous. I was mostly concerned about the safety of the lady riding him, but she did keep her cool which was admirable. I kept thinking about how much that horse weighed, and was worried about all in the area. Glad they got the horse under control.

Would love to know what set him off. Since the park has been closed for months, I could understand how he was skittish with the different people around, noises, movements, etc.

You see, that's what I could not see in the video until closer to the end. It would make sense what you said, if the balloon caught the legs right from the start. So I'm going to assume that you're correct -- the balloon was the catalyst that set off the horse.

I’m willing to bet that any princess that rides horseback gets extra training for that, so it makes sense that she, pretty much, kept it together.

In the video I saw, the balloon floating into the horses left rear leg is definitely what spooked it.
And yes, glad nobody was injured, including the horse.

On a side note related to one of my previous posts, that’s the most movement I’ve seen outta’ that horse all week...!!! :D;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Our last baseball game was just cancelled due to COVID.

Not because someone tested positive, but because 5 parents backed out of the other team, leaving them with not enough to play. I don’t know if it was due to fear when another school shut down their program when a kid tested positive, or because cases are rising. They were obviously playing the past several weeks.

Anyway, this means the season came to an abrupt end. T is super disappointed. They only played a total of 4 games. :(
Coach is trying to see if there’s enough who want to do a scrimmage or at least have 1 more practice. Tryouts are coming up in a few weeks, but after that, baseball is over til next spring for most.

Disappointing for sure for T, but on the bright side at least he got to have some part of a season. I remember when you said there might not be anything.

donaldtoo

Happy birthday to your DD!!! :happy:

Laughed when I saw Emy's mask. :joyfull: I also laughed at the photo of her trying to eat that huge donut! :hilarious:

Looks like the entire family (including your parents) all had a very nice day at the park to celebrate the birthday.

Thanks so very much, Minnie...!!! :)

Emy is gettin’ pretty good at wearin’ masks, and she won’t even be 2 years old until October. Unfortunate that it even needs to be a thing in her little life, but, at least she’ll be prepared.
Watchin’ her tryin’ to take down the monster donut was funnnnn...!!!!! :hilarious:

And yes, we all had a great time...!!!!! :happy:

21stamps

Disappointing for sure for T, but on the bright side at least he got to have some part of a season. I remember when you said there might not be anything.

Definitely glad that he was able to play at all, we didn’t think that would happen!

I just hope sports continue, and everyone stays healthy. If anything, we’ve learned that he thrives with a busy schedule, and really loves the sports he plays. That’s a silver lining in all of this.

Rista1313

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom