The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Maybe a podcast could count as the radio thing? And then at least there's Disney+ for video.
Yeah, we thought about that for the radio, and tv and movies are no problem. She's watched the entire series of Big Bang Theory, Friends (multiple times), Gilmore Girls, and How I Met Your Mother, and sooooooo many movies in English. That's covered. I told her the pen pal thing might work if she posted here a few times. Not really a pen pal, but conversing in written form with native speakers. She follows along in here sometimes, but she's never posted. They just didn't give the kids much time to put this all together because normally, the assignments they give for the London trip are used to document it. They've never had this happen before that the kids didn't go to London, so they weren't thinking about the portfolio until the last week or so, because school is out soon and they have to turn it all in soon. She's got a video chat scheduled with my best friend, so she'll have that requirement as well. We'll get it all done, but it would have been nice if the school had taken the initiative to form some assignments to document it instead of just handing the kids the requirements and say "Figure it out!"

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, we thought about that for the radio, and tv and movies are no problem. She's watched the entire series of Big Bang Theory, Friends (multiple times), Gilmore Girls, and How I Met Your Mother, and sooooooo many movies in English. That's covered. I told her the pen pal thing might work if she posted here a few times. Not really a pen pal, but conversing in written form with native speakers. She follows along in here sometimes, but she's never posted. They just didn't give the kids much time to put this all together because normally, the assignments they give for the London trip are used to document it. They've never had this happen before that the kids didn't go to London, so they weren't thinking about the portfolio until the last week or so, because school is out soon and they have to turn it all in soon. She's got a video chat scheduled with my best friend, so she'll have that requirement as well. We'll get it all done, but it would have been nice if the school had taken the initiative to form some assignments to document it instead of just handing the kids the requirements and say "Figure it out!"
You can always have her open an account here and start a PM with us about what we like and dislike about Disney. Food, resorts, hopes for future trips, parks, rides etc. Screenshots of that should work.

Songbird76

You can always have her open an account here and start a PM with us about what we like and dislike about Disney. Food, resorts, hopes for future trips, parks, rides etc. Screenshots of that should work.
Oh she has had an account here since last year. She just hasn't ever posted. But I would agree, that should meet the requirement...it's like having a whole bunch of pen pals!

Rista1313

I've never taken zyrtek. But medicines tend to hit me hard. I took Nyquil only one time in college and never again. It knocked me out so fast I barely had time to crawl into bed. I decided it wasn't safe for me after that...I mean, I was already exhausted and pretty loopy just from the sinus infection I had, but I took the nyquil and I swear it didn't even take a minute for me to feel completely buzzed. My roommate looked at me, steered me away from the sink and toward my bed and that was it. She was like "Yeah, you look like you're going to fall over, so let's not worry about drying your hair right now, ok?" I'm betting anything like Benadryl or zyrtek would have a similar effect.

Benadryl and Nyquil make me jittery and unable to sleep... totally opposite... so weird!

donaldtoo

This is getting ridiculous. Not all topics are political, some are based on common sense and reality and above all human concerns, emotions and opinion and it wouldn't matter who the hell is running the country. We are all running scared right now. We are scared to not protect ourselves from possible danger or scared to protect ourselves because we think we will be thought of as weak. It is time to stop this crap. Everyone needs to just stop thinking that they have any control of events that we have no control over and just do the best we can to protect ourselves and others. What a society we have become. I think we deserve the mess we are currently in. We have become (D'uh) stupid as a society and a species. Or we are listening to the stupid instead of just ignoring them like we used too.

Woof. Boy howdy, I hope all that wasn't directed at me...?! :cyclops:
Did you not see my "winking" emoji...?
Have you not seen the pics of how my family is dealing with this situation...?
Have you not seen my posts about how our firm is handling this situation...?
Have you not seen the pics I've posted of my Disney masks...?
You're preachin' to the choir in my case.
And yes, unfortunately, it has turned into a "you-know-what" issue.
There are at least two threads about it, and any of the Corona threads have heated battles goin' on regarding such.
Hell, these days, folks will turn the color of the sky into a "you-know-what" issue.
I'll stop with that, as I don't wanna' get into any "trouble" here...! ;)

Oh, and...

1C15FBEF-456A-4954-B779-365945EFCA67.jpeg

;)

Goofyernmost

Thank you for the above. I always hesitate to ask him about any details, as he's a really private person. (It's just his demeanor -- been that way his whole life.) Anyway, thanks for your question -- he's in Davidson County
The population of Davidson County is 167,600. So far the number of cases have been 830 with 15 deaths. Not the worst and not the best. Just about average in NC.

MySmallWorldof4

So, one of the partners went on a road trip yesterday up to north Texas, north of Dallas.
He met with new clients and a builder acquaintance from up there on their site. Another project comin’ our way, and he also recently picked up 3 more...!!! :)
Anyway, the builder is also acquaintances with Terry Bradshaw. The partner told me today that we almost had a shot at gettin’ his new house in north Texas, but, by the time the builder was aware, Bradshaw was already too far into the design process to switch architects, although he really loved our stuff that the builder showed him...D’OH...!!!!!!! :facepalm:;)

View attachment 479018

I would have been asking for an autograph for my husband.

MySmallWorldof4

Well if she needs a penpal for next year I have 3 girls. :)

Goofyernmost

Woof. Boy howdy, I hope all that wasn't directed at me...?! :cyclops:
Did you not see my "winking" emoji...?
Have you not seen the pics of how my family is dealing with this situation...?
Have you not seen my posts about how our firm is handling this situation...?
Have you not seen the pics I've posted of my Disney masks...?
You're preachin' to the choir in my case.
And yes, unfortunately, it has turned into a "you-know-what" issue.
There are at least two threads about it, and any of the Corona threads have heated battles goin' on regarding such.
Hell, these days, folks will turn the color of the sky into a "you-know-what" issue.
I'll stop with that, as I don't wanna' get into any "trouble" here...! ;)

Oh, and...

View attachment 479149

;)
Of course, I was preaching to the choir. I was agreeing with the silliness that you implied it to be. I don't understand why you thought otherwise. It certainly appears the it isn't just me that needs to lighten up. We are in the problems that we are in today because to damn many people have decided to lighten up and just let questionable factions drag us complacently into something that we never thought we should be. Why, I don't know, but it needs to stop. If you don't feel that way, then I apologize for misinterpreting your point, but judging from your post above, I think we are both on the same path. Doing what you and your family are doing is an exercise in responsible handling of a unusually stupid reaction of others. However that is not "you know what" that is just plain reaction to stupid people that think that they are invincible and know more then people that are trained to actually know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom