The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm guessing maybe the conversation is starting to lean towards political, and she doesn't want to engage and I don't blame her. I posted about the riots, fires, and destruction here in GR on my facebook page, and someone tried to call me out for not posted about being outraged about the actual issue. I said, "Thanks for stopping by, and for the record, I don't have to justify to you or anyone else what I chose to post or not post about"

Some people!
Just for the record it was a day without social media:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
My town is in curfew...YES (sarcasm) and it's not like I live in a big city.

Ok well, 80 thousand people. Which might be a big city compared to some people.

Edit: I rent my Grandparent's old house and the Catholic Church think they still live here and call 3 times in a row pretty much everyday. I don't see a way to stop it because it's automated. :banghead::banghead:

Church is worst than politicans with spam calls but yet, they are not called spam
If you call the church they will most likely remove your number or if need be change your number. I had a number one off from a theater and that one lasted for a week. The other time I got a number from a deadbeat yup lasted about 2 weeks

Figgy1

Premium Member
I’m not too into politics to be honest. I do love history though so there might be some irony there. I have beliefs and I’m willing to others. I do watch and read the news to stay informed.. I don’t like when people argue, are irrational, or belittle each other which sometimes (not all the time) happen in political arguments. In general I avoid any confrontations so I find it best to stay away.

I do love our discussions here though. I like the food discussions too. Like when we debate if the citrus swirl or the pineapple dole whip is the superior snack.

Of course we all know what the winner of that is...

Citrus Swirl of course! 😀😉
View attachment 474245View attachment 474246
Just for the record Dole whip 1591184262390.png is the winner citrus swirl is not DF

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We don't have AC....most houses here don't, nor do schools, etc. So it gets unbearably warm in our house if it's hot outside. How I reduce it is to open the back door (fenced in yard) early in the morning when it's coolest and then close it when the temp outside is about even with the current inside temp. I close all the windows AND the curtains...the curtains offer a bit of insolation. When it starts to cool down at night, I throw open our doors and windows if we are home, to get some cross-ventilation, then close the doors before we go to bed. And we have a fan that we leave on while we're sleeping because it's just too hot without it. Some people have roll down shades outside like awnings. That keeps the sun from streaming in. We don't have that, though I wish we did. It makes a huge difference! My in-laws have that and their house doesn't get nearly as warm.

I don't have curtains or window treatments on any of my windows. I really love the natural light. It makes the whole house happy. Plus I've got strands with chandelier crystals hanging in kitchen window that cast rainbows everywhere when the sun hits then 💖

SteveBrickNJ

I don't have curtains or window treatments on any of my windows. I really love the natural light. It makes the whole house happy. Plus I've got strands with chandelier crystals hanging in kitchen window that cast rainbows everywhere when the sun hits then 💖
The chandelier crystals sounds nice. :)
Yet since I don't know what state you live in, I don't know how hot it can get for you in July. Although I also value the natural light, there are 90+ days in the summer where I just want to help take the stress off my home's AC by blocking the sun from coming thru the windows.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The chandelier crystals sounds nice. :)
Yet since I don't know what state you live in, I don't know how hot it can get for you in July. Although I also value the natural light, there are 90+ days in the summer where I just want to help take the stress off my home's AC by blocking the sun from coming thru the windows.

Ohio! We typically run around the mid to high nineties in the heart of the summer. I'm not running my AC though... Just fans this year. That's the goal.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Can't live without AC here in coastal SC the temps can be mid to high 90's and the humidity about the same. I often wonder how people survived back in the day of no AC

Everyone's tolerance level is different. People here always kid me about my love for cold weather, but my body reacts extremely well in colder climate. :joyfull:

In the summer, I am miserable in hot weather, and do everything I can on hot, humid days to not even go outside, when possible. To me, having A/C in summer, is as important as having heat, if it's bitter cold temperatures in winter. (Also, pipes freeze if the temps go too low, so heat in a building or house is essential.)

Rista1313

Everyone's tolerance level is different. People here always kid me about my love for cold weather, but my body reacts extremely well in colder climate. :joyfull:

In the summer, I am miserable in hot weather, and do everything I can on hot, humid days to not even go outside, when possible. To me, having A/C in summer, is as important as having heat, if it's bitter cold temperatures in winter. (Also, pipes freeze if the temps go too low, so heat in a building or house is essential.)

I'm with you.... I'm not good with Summer heat.

Rista1313

We didn't have AC in most of our offices at Ft Bragg, and it was tolerable. Your body acclimates. The first couple weeks of Summer hard but then you get used to it.

Your body doesn't always acclimate =/ I live in NC for 2 years and Atlanta 5 years, and my body never got used to the heat, but when I lived in Alaska, it acclimated to the cold no problem... so it really depends on the person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom