The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Kate F

In fact, I haven’t posted on this thread in a long time, but I saw some posts in latest activity criticizing the political forum and I had to jump on it.

FutureCEO

My town is in curfew...YES (sarcasm) and it's not like I live in a big city.

Ok well, 80 thousand people. Which might be a big city compared to some people.

Edit: I rent my Grandparent's old house and the Catholic Church think they still live here and call 3 times in a row pretty much everyday. I don't see a way to stop it because it's automated. :banghead::banghead:

Church is worst than politicans with spam calls but yet, they are not called spam

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Edit: I rent my Grandparent's old house and the Catholic Church think they still live here and call 3 times in a row pretty much everyday. I don't see a way to stop it because it's automated. :banghead::banghead:

Church is worst than politicans with spam calls but yet, they are not called spam
We've had absolutely no issues here. There's been protests, a few arrests when it's gotten violent, but overall, it's been peaceful and no need for government curfews and intervention. Thinking because we had the riots here several years ago that people would rather not have a repeat.

You can always take the house phone off the hook...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

To me that is plenty big. My island has a population of around 60 thousand.

Goofyernmost

I'll tell you how engrossed in this situation I am. They tell me that downtown Raleigh had some problems two nights ago, so they have imposed an 8 pm curfew. Last night I went to Cary (right next door of Raleigh) and went to a drive through graduation parade. My grandson is one of the 2020 graduates. The high school has put a lot of effort into the alternative graduation thing. It had posters made by the graduates and walls of pictures from the yearbook, the names of the graduates painted in the sidewalk that is supposed to be a permanent thing. On the tenth of June they are going to have an official walk across the stage with cap and gown and get your diploma and it is going to be done like Disney's Boarding Groups by stages alphabetically. Also outside with limited numbers in each groups. We can get out of the cars long enough to take pictures and then move along. A very nice compromise. Any speeches will be recorded and posted on the school website.

Anyway, it didn't get done last night until 8:30 and my daughter went into a panic because she was afraid that I would get stopped because I was out after the curfew. I had to laugh. 72 years old and involved with my first curfew. I made it home with no arrests. 😀 I did have to text her to let her know I was home without incident. Downtown Raleigh is a good 10 miles away from where I live. I figure by the time they marched to here they wouldn't have enough energy left to do any harm.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I visit the Politics Forum daily. I've always been interested in politics, so I can't tear myself away! :joyfull:

Also love Chit Chat for the variety of conversations (outside off politics) -- especially the food discussions! :hungry:

I’m not too into politics to be honest. I do love history though so there might be some irony there. I have beliefs and I’m willing to others. I do watch and read the news to stay informed.. I don’t like when people argue, are irrational, or belittle each other which sometimes (not all the time) happen in political arguments. In general I avoid any confrontations so I find it best to stay away.

I do love our discussions here though. I like the food discussions too. Like when we debate if the citrus swirl or the pineapple dole whip is the superior snack.

Of course we all know what the winner of that is...

Citrus Swirl of course! 😀😉
3EA54D47-C566-468B-9AAA-A36CE34870A1.jpegCF999388-2FEB-42F6-9FED-37DFC1C48C70.jpeg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We've had absolutely no issues here. There's been protests, a few arrests when it's gotten violent, but overall, it's been peaceful and no need for government curfews and intervention.

Been very proud of the city so far in this situation. Much like I’ve been proud of the state (for the most part) in rational handling of the last 3 months.

MySmallWorldof4

I’m not too into politics to be honest. I do love history though so there might be some irony there. I have beliefs and I’m willing to others. I do watch and read the news to stay informed.. I don’t like when people argue, are irrational, or belittle each other which sometimes (not all the time) happen in political arguments. In general I avoid any confrontations so I find it best to stay away.

I do love our discussions here though. I like the food discussions too. Like when we debate if the citrus swirl or the pineapple dole whip is the superior snack.

Of course we all know what the winner of that is...

Citrus Swirl of course! 😀😉
View attachment 474245View attachment 474246
Gosh that is beautiful!

Songbird76

The weather is supposed to be amazing this weekend. I have no will to work this week. I just want to be outside in this weather, enjoying life. Wish I was old enough to retire :hilarious: :hilarious:

So far we haven't run our AC yet, so that's been a success! I'm trying to decide what to do about this weekend though. It's supposed to get pretty warm, but A and I are heading to the lake. So I'm not sure if I want to rely on the AC to keep the house cool, or try to cool the house down enough to sleep between the time we get home and bedtime.

I don't feel comfortable leaving all the main floor windows open when the car won't be in the driveway. But I can run the fans upstairs to help. Thoughts?
We don't have AC....most houses here don't, nor do schools, etc. So it gets unbearably warm in our house if it's hot outside. How I reduce it is to open the back door (fenced in yard) early in the morning when it's coolest and then close it when the temp outside is about even with the current inside temp. I close all the windows AND the curtains...the curtains offer a bit of insolation. When it starts to cool down at night, I throw open our doors and windows if we are home, to get some cross-ventilation, then close the doors before we go to bed. And we have a fan that we leave on while we're sleeping because it's just too hot without it. Some people have roll down shades outside like awnings. That keeps the sun from streaming in. We don't have that, though I wish we did. It makes a huge difference! My in-laws have that and their house doesn't get nearly as warm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom