The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We haven’t run AC yet either. It has been cool at night. I would not leave your windows open on the main floor. Heat rises so maybe open an upper floor window? Or set the AC to go on when then temp reaches 80 in the house. This is assuming you have central.

I think I'm going to run the fans upstairs in the windows, and leave the AC off. Our temps aren't getting really cool at night when the days are warm. But the fans help. Last night though it was in the low low fifties overnight and today will be in the high 80s. Gotta love Ohio weather LOL

MySmallWorldof4

Like I said, the people doing the looting are not the protesters. They are just using the protests as a cover. While everyone is distracted, they go plundering and then blame it on the protesters.
Yes and that is sad. I watched a video showing certain people spray painting buildings and a young woman who lives in the neighborhood was trying to reason with her and tell her to stop. The vandal basically ignored her and looked at her like she had two heads. The poor woman was telling people on her video that the people who live in the neighborhood would now be blamed for this persons despicable act. I felt so bad for her. The peaceful protestors protests are being ambushed by people who in my opinion are just interested in destruction.

MySmallWorldof4

I think I'm going to run the fans upstairs in the windows, and leave the AC off. Our temps aren't getting really cool at night when the days are warm. But the fans help. Last night though it was in the low low fifties overnight and today will be in the high 80s. Gotta love Ohio weather LOL
We got in the 40’s overnight. I go to bed in shorts and a tee, wake up and put on sweats. :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

I learned that my oldest and I make a good haircutting team. We cut the two younger girls hair. Youngest dd has been stepping on her hair doing tumbling, and with tryouts for cheer this weekend, I decided that a cut could not wait months which looks like that will be the case considering hairdressers are still not supposed to open where I am. My 12 year olds hair was down her backside, so pretty long as well. All in all the cuts came out way better and perfect. I did a much better job then I did on my own hair when I was 5. 😉
Yeah, this quarantine has taught me I'm basically Sheldon when it comes to my hair being cut.

I've been going to the same girl since I was 17, I was nervous when I went to her but she's the only one who I've let touch my hair in eight years. If she had not reopened, I would have found someone else, been completely nervous about it, and gone right back to her. Thankfully, I got in on her first day back. Cutting my own hair is unthinkable; I was the kid that DIDN'T cut my own hair.

I would also prefer if haircut records were a thing.

Yeah, basically obsessed with hair. My own, everyone else's... there's also this show on Hallmark/Netflix called When Calls the Heart that looks kind of interesting, but I can't make myself watch it because the hair is historically inaccurate.

I have problems.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yeah, this quarantine has taught me I'm basically Sheldon when it comes to my hair being cut.

I've been going to the same girl since I was 17, I was nervous when I went to her but she's the only one who I've let touch my hair in eight years. If she had not reopened, I would have found someone else, been completely nervous about it, and gone right back to her. Thankfully, I got in on her first day back. Cutting my own hair is unthinkable; I was the kid that DIDN'T cut my own hair.

Yeah, basically obsessed with hair. My own, everyone else's... there's also this show on Hallmark/Netflix called When Calls the Heart that looks kind of interesting, but I can't make myself watch it because the hair is historically inaccurate.

I have problems.

Maybe the test your mother had done gave a wrong result 😉

MySmallWorldof4

I have problems.

My son is like you. He will only let the hairdresser who he has had for a few years cut his hair. Of course I wouldn’t attempt to cut his hair anyway. Bowl cuts are not very fashionable and that would probably be the only way I could devise to cut his hair. :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

I'm guessing maybe the conversation is starting to lean towards political, and she doesn't want to engage and I don't blame her. I posted about the riots, fires, and destruction here in GR on my facebook page, and someone tried to call me out for not posted about being outraged about the actual issue. I said, "Thanks for stopping by, and for the record, I don't have to justify to you or anyone else what I chose to post or not post about"

Some people!
I don't see any of what we are discussing to come only under political. It involves political aspects but it is also our current life. We are controlled by health, religion and politics. Anyone of those can be singled out, but they are all connected and not just connected but extremely connected. If we cannot express even a little of ourselves in an area that is polite and more tolerant of Chit Chat, then where can we and then what happens to us. I'm to old to protest on the streets now, but that doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion or an emotional connection to our current lives and those three aforementioned topics are basically the trifecta of our existence right now.

Yes, we can speak about the minor things that our life involves right now, but there is just so much anyone can say about needing a haircut or the roots rejuvenated but that does get tedious and seems pretty trivial after awhile. Let's face it all of us are emotionally fired up one way or the other. The only ones that aren't would be not among the living! It is part of our world for the time being and needs to come out in one form or the other. Me, I could tell you about how I noticed that a large length of my crown molding in my apartment hasn't been painted since God was a baby, but, I doubt anyone would really care all that much. So, if protesting is such a terrible thing then what is the alternative? Rolling over and letting the loudest among us control our everyday life when they aren't listening to the people? That same argument was used in the 60's, nothing is new it just returns to happen again. However, some major positive changes happened because of the activity of the 60's and we cannot let bad things happen without being heard.

StarWarsGirl

Last night both cats slept with me, which is unusual. Usually, it's just Belle. But Jasmine was asleep on my desk chair, Belle followed me up, and then at some point, Jasmine moved herself to the bed. I vaguely recall being woken up by what felt like an elephant walking across my chest and then being nudged, out of a deep sleep, and thinking vaguely, "Wait a sec, this isn't Belle"

I know exactly when. And that I didn't dream it. 🙄
Screenshot_20200602-094418_Fitbit.jpg

Rista1313

I don't see any of what we are discussing to come only under political. It involves political aspects but it is also our current life. We are controlled by health, religion and politics. Anyone of those can be singled out, but they are all connected and not just connected but extremely connected. If we cannot express even a little of ourselves in an area that is polite and more tolerant of Chit Chat, then where can we and then what happens to us. I'm to old to protest on the streets now, but that doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion or an emotional connection to our current lives and those three aforementioned topics are basically the trifecta of our existence right now.

Yes, we can speak about the minor things that our life involves right now, but there is just so much anyone can say about needing a haircut or the roots rejuvenated but that does get tedious and seems pretty trivial after awhile. Let's face it all of us are emotionally fired up one way or the other. The only ones that aren't would be not among the living! It is part of our world for the time being and needs to come out in one form or the other. Me, I could tell you about how I noticed that a large length of my crown molding in my apartment hasn't been painted since God was a baby, but, I doubt anyone would really care all that much. So, if protesting is such a terrible thing then what is the alternative? Rolling over and letting the loudest among us control our everyday life when they aren't listening to the people? That same argument was used in the 60's, nothing is new it just returns to happen again. However, some major positive changes happened because of the activity of the 60's and we cannot let bad things happen without being heard.

My point is... this is very stressful for people, and some just don't want to talk about it. But hey, I'm just speculating a reason... it could be for some totally different reason!

Kate F

I tend to look at latest activity, but more often than not, it’s filled with stuff I don’t want to see when I’m on a WDW site, so I should probably get out of that habit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom