The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

It is cold here this morning 50F, but I refuse to turn the heat on.. it's going to warm up to 70F today, then I can reopen all the windows.

Usually on Sunday nights I take a sleeping pill, because I never sleep good on Sundays, but last night there was a rumor that the rioting might move into my suburb... and I wanted to have my wits about me, in case that happened. Luckily, that did not happen!

MySmallWorldof4

It is cold here this morning 50F, but I refuse to turn the heat on.. it's going to warm up to 70F today, then I can reopen all the windows.

Usually on Sunday nights I take a sleeping pill, because I never sleep good on Sundays, but last night there was a rumor that the rioting might move into my suburb... and I wanted to have my wits about me, in case that happened. Luckily, that did not happen!
It was in the low 40's when I got up at 5:30, but it is already in the 60's now.

StarWarsGirl

My husband won't even try it....he can't see the appeal, but I always loved it. Once in a while my friends and I would go to the rink in college. I had a pair of ice skates growing up, too, and my brother and I went sometimes, but the last time I tried did not go well. I can stay upright on the wheels, but not on blades!
Blades I find easier. You just walk around on regular ground until you're used to them, then get on the ice, and voila!

Wheels make me feel like calamity Jane.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan My heart is breaking for your downtown area.
What is going on there? Protests? Riots? I haven't been home or on technology until now, we went to the Arboretum again.

We got rerouted through St. Paul Mn today and while it hasn't seen what Minneapolis has it was still really sad to see so many businesses and houses boarded an blocked off. It was sad to see pleas written on the boards like "community owned business remember we stand with you" and stuff like that in case looters/rioters come. :(
I was so proud of the protestors in Cincinnati yesterday.. they were not destructive, they marched, once blocked the highway, but it was relatively peaceful. Then, shortly after 11pm, more people came out, and that’s when the crowd started getting destructive. I think 12 businesses had their windows broken, a few looted. Luckily no fires, other than in a dumpster.
Peaceful protestors are out again today, hopefully the bad element doesn’t come back tonight.

However, Columbus crowds have been a lot more destructive.

No. The locals are not being destructive. Our protesters are peaceful. We have had an influx of out-of-towners that are coming in and wreaking havoc. They're starting fires and busting windows and shooting fireworks at the cops. Over 90% of the arrests made have been non-locals. Groups of people traveling here to cause destruction and tension.

Our local protesters have been peaceful. Our police,... maybe another story.

MouseDreaming

Just noticed while shopping over the past few weeks most people have taken to following the arrows on the floors at the stores except for the people over 70. I have no clue why or if it's just a local thing here
My DD tells me the older folks pull down their mask to order. Okay, yeah, she calls them Boomers. Thank goodness for the plexiglass on her side. Oh, and there is a table strategically placed in front of the counter to keep people back. The older folks try to figure out how to work around it. It usually involves trying to half climb it, apparently.

MouseDreaming

I am over 70 and follow the arrows. I'll tell you it is a chore, If I need something and I am on the exit end of the row, I have to go all the way around to get to it which is doubling my walking distance and if someone has arthritis it may mean cutting back on the time in the store. Pain and shopping do not go together well. It's hard for younger folk to understand aging, they will someday, but until then we will just call ourselves senile, shoulders up in bewilderment and making like we didn't know about it. 👵👴
The arrows are a pain! But, I figure if it keeps us a little safer worth it. The men in their 40's by me, don't care. But at least last time I was there, everyone managed to wear their mask correctly.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thanks, we live far enough away that we should be safe. I know quite a few people thought that work in Minneapolis/St. Paul so I'm worried about that. A friend of mine has a brother-in-law that is a Minneapolis Police Officer, it must be so nerve wracking for their family. The Arboretum we are members of is in the southern metro area and not close to the area the rioting has been going on so we felt safe going there. On the drive there this morning we could see smoke from the fires though. A couple weeks ago B and I had talked about going to eat at a deli we really like in Minneapolis but it was a no go for us today. We actually didn't even plan to drive through St. Paul but road construction on the route that avoided it would have made the drive about 45 minutes longer than normal. To say watching all of this so close is a bummer is a huge understatement. I guess I'm just a little naive and I wish everyone could just get along.

I'm glad you are safe! My heart breaks for both sides. Like.... I have a lot of police friends and family who are upstanding people. But.... I also wish I could stand with the protesters because police brutality is not okay.....

They pepper sprayed a seven year old Saturday though. And in Philadelphia (I think?) a three year old took a shot to the face. I wouldn't chance it with A. She doesn't deserve that kind of danger.

It's just all around very heartbreaking.

21stamps

I'm glad you are safe! My heart breaks for both sides. Like.... I have a lot of police friends and family who are upstanding people. But.... I also wish I could stand with the protesters because police brutality is not okay.....

They pepper sprayed a seven year old Saturday though. And in Philadelphia (I think?) a three year old took a shot to the face. I wouldn't chance it with A. She doesn't deserve that kind of danger.

It's just all around very heartbreaking.

We had a city councilman who went out amongst the crowds until 5am, begging and pleading for people to take their children home. There is no reason to bring children to these events.

21stamps

I found this in my in box https://itch-to-stitch.com/new-pattern-balboa-skirt/ and first thought of @MinnieM123 seeing the A line views and thought of @MySmallWorldof4 because it would give her dd a closet full of different looking shirts. It has 13 different views and starts at size 0:joyfull: View attachment 474091View attachment 474092View attachment 474093View attachment 474094They use the pattern testers for their pics not models

A-line has always been and will always be my favorite cut of a dress or skirt.

Goofyernmost

The arrows are a pain! But, I figure if it keeps us a little safer worth it. The men in their 40's by me, don't care. But at least last time I was there, everyone managed to wear their mask correctly.
There are a lot of things that are workable to help prevent the virus from spreading but there are others that are just plain dumb. One way is ok, but if you follow the 6 ft. rule you are stuck there while someone reads every label on every item to find something with one less calorie. Just this morning I went through the McDonald's Drive through and ordered an Unsweetened Ice Tea and a Sausage Burrito. I drove up to the pay window with my debit card in hand. All of a sudden the card reader is extended out to me on a stick for me to insert my card so they wouldn't have to touch it. Makes sense it is me possibly passing along the virus. Moved down a few feet to the window where you pick it up. Out comes my order in a basket. Why? They had already handled my items and they could be carriers as well as myself. I was picking up my meal that I couldn't hand back to them if I wanted too. Another rule. Absolutely no part of that window pass made any sense at all. It was a dog and pony show that many felt was a precaution which it really wasn't. I don't know who touched my items before I ever saw the stuff. They passed them to me and I couldn't give them back, so why the basket. Whatever damage might be done happened before they ever put the stuff in the basket. Oh, and BTW, I got sweet tea that I chose not to exchange because I would then be stuck with having to go through the whole procedure and would have two tea containers to dispose off. Just not worth the effort.

21stamps

You know if you learned to sew...………………………………………. If I didn't have or have drafted the same types of pattern it would be at the top of my list. I love that it can be made for every place you can go from sport to fancy ball

I don’t think I’ll ever learn to sew.. but your posts make me wish that I didn’t fear it so much. All I have to do is think back to the hot mess of my attempt to perform surgery on our Elf, Luke. That’s enough to make me never pick up a needle again. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom