The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
T was just playing fortnite with 2 soccer teammates. They asked him why and how he decided to quit. He finally said “I shouldn’t quit. I do love soccer.” And asked me to accept the offer.

What a rollercoaster. This kid. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I should send out a mass email to the baseball clubs, telling them to disregard my inquiries. 😂 He will try out for a travel baseball team in July, for next spring, so he can make a better decision at that point.. if it’s still on his mind.

Yup. Sounds like a normal kid to me! :joyfull:

(When I was a kid, my parents said I was fickle - I explained that I was just continually having brilliant idea after brilliant idea. Therefore, as a genius, I had to keep updating my data.) :p

Songbird76

I was Anthony all through high school. My mother always hated Tony. A certain boss called me Tony when I was about 19, and it stuck. I liked that if I got a phone call at work for Tony, I knew it was a customer. If I got a call for Anthony, I knew it was family or friends.

I remember being at parties where work friends and high school friends would argue over my name. 🤣 Worlds collided.

Now with Facebook, I get a lot of Anthony again.
My mom actually chewed out one of my friends for half an hour because she called me "Suzy-q" and my mom hated "Suzy". From then on, this friend and another called me "Susan-q" instead. My mom and my brother mostly called me Sue, which I really don't like. I prefer to go by Susan. Of course over here, they pronounce it like Suse-on or they shorten it to Suus, which is fine with me. But I still hate "Sue". Glad that name doesn't exist in the Netherlands!

Rista1313

My mom actually chewed out one of my friends for half an hour because she called me "Suzy-q" and my mom hated "Suzy". From then on, this friend and another called me "Susan-q" instead. My mom and my brother mostly called me Sue, which I really don't like. I prefer to go by Susan. Of course over here, they pronounce it like Suse-on or they shorten it to Suus, which is fine with me. But I still hate "Sue". Glad that name doesn't exist in the Netherlands!

I am with you... I hate the name Sue, even though people still call me that from my past... SUE SUE... I'm going to SUE you.... it's just an ugly name IMHO. My niece calls me Aunt SUUUuuuUUUUUUuuuUUUsan!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I've been experimenting with using fans instead of my AC unit because I was reading how much less energy fans used, and because I have to set the AC really low in order to cool A's attic room.

Yesterday the temps got up to 91* with a feels like 96*. Throughout the day and night, the attic room felt cooler than the rest of the house, I think because there was more air circulating. We could definitely feel how warm it was, but we were comfortable and didn't break a sweat. I had no motivation to do anything like chores or have a dance party in the living room, though, so I don't consider it a complete win.

The attic space has two window fans - one on the left side of the house, one on the right. Downstairs has a ceiling fan in my bedroom and a ceiling fan in the living room. I think I'll end up getting another window fan for my bedroom to really encourage the cooler air at night to come in.

Unfortunately, when I found a window fan I liked from Amazon, I clicked "Buy Again" and they sent me a completely different fan that was NOT okay. It loudly clicks when it runs and each setting change brings on really loud beeping. And because we've had such hot weather here, the ones I like are now sold out :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, yes, that night. That was a horrible night. Up at 3 am, got told by an ER doctor that I didn't even have asthma...after getting there with a low pulsox. 🤦 Dad wrote them a nasty letter. Only highlight was Belle was a very good kitty. She woke me up to warn me I was in trouble.

I've since been back to that ER without issue. Most recently for the drive-myself-to-the-er trip. That was another fun one. For different reasons. 😂
I was hoping you had forgotten. At least I had bail money put aside;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was Anthony all through high school. My mother always hated Tony. A certain boss called me Tony when I was about 19, and it stuck. I liked that if I got a phone call at work for Tony, I knew it was a customer. If I got a call for Anthony, I knew it was family or friends.

I remember being at parties where work friends and high school friends would argue over my name. 🤣 Worlds collided.

I've answered to Figgy in public:inlove:

Rista1313

I've been experimenting with using fans instead of my AC unit because I was reading how much less energy fans used, and because I have to set the AC really low in order to cool A's attic room.

Yesterday the temps got up to 91* with a feels like 96*. Throughout the day and night, the attic room felt cooler than the rest of the house, I think because there was more air circulating. We could definitely feel how warm it was, but we were comfortable and didn't break a sweat. I had no motivation to do anything like chores or have a dance party in the living room, though, so I don't consider it a complete win.

The attic space has two window fans - one on the left side of the house, one on the right. Downstairs has a ceiling fan in my bedroom and a ceiling fan in the living room. I think I'll end up getting another window fan for my bedroom to really encourage the cooler air at night to come in.

Unfortunately, when I found a window fan I liked from Amazon, I clicked "Buy Again" and they sent me a completely different fan that was NOT okay. It loudly clicks when it runs and each setting change brings on really loud beeping. And because we've had such hot weather here, the ones I like are now sold out :(

More power too you for trying fans... I tried to sleep on the 2nd floor without air the first summer in this house... you bet your butt the next year I had A/C... and since I have to work at home this summer, it is going to be on when it's warm!

Goofyernmost

Names can be confusing. I was named after my Father (first name only). My middle name was different so I couldn't be a JR. (I'm happy about that btw) To avoid confusion at home my parents and all my immediate family referred to me by my middle name. A name that I hated. Not a bad name, I just didn't like it. My first communion, confirmation, report cards, eighth grade diploma all show my middle name as my first name. I once used my actual name on a test paper and got an F because I didn't put my real name on it. (Nuns, sometimes one had to wonder.) My parents never bothered to correct them because, well, one didn't argue with one of Gods workers.

Then just after my Freshman year in the same school, my Father lost his job and we had to move from NY state to Vermont. I insisted at that point to use my actual legal name and start over. It still had it's problems because my family... Mother, Father and Sister still referred to me by my middle name so it confused a lot of my friends. There are very few of those folks that are still alive so only two, my sister and my nephew are the only two that still call me by that name. After 29 years of marriage my wife never was sure about what to call me. She did come up with a few unrepeatable's though. The only problem I have now is that I, casually not officially, shortened my first name to Russ, which, of course, means that many people now call me Ross because of Friends. I give up! Just don't call me late for dinner!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom