The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

This. B and my mom are driving each other crazy with the distance learning stuff. Art projects especially...ugh.

Plus, he's so done being in this house. It's pretty bad when he was excited to see my friend over the weekend for a short period. Didn't even care that it wasn't one of his friends; just was glad to see someone we weren't related to. He'll also start to pace during the weekend and make us crazy until I take him someplace. He'll argue with me about going, but then come back in a much better mood.

It’s like parental guilt on steroids.. like you shouldn’t feel bad about doing this stuff with your kids, it sounds so terrible to say that I do.. but the entire situation just makes it bad. These aren’t at home fun things that parents/kids decided to do on a lazy rainy day, it’s antsy kids and stressed out parents trying to complete a million things in a day.

If the rain holds off, we’re meeting another parent and kid at the school parking lot. Myself and the dad will walk around the track while our kids ride bikes. Georgia was great and a nice reprieve, but kids needs to see a friend other than via FB Messenger for Kids or Zoom. Restrictions are loosening, we know how to be safe.. they need this.
I hope B gets to see a friend soon!

StarWarsGirl

It’s like parental guilt on steroids.. like you shouldn’t feel bad about doing this stuff with your kids, it sounds so terrible to say that I do.. but the entire situation just makes it bad. These aren’t at home fun things that parents/kids decided to do on a lazy rainy day, it’s antsy kids and stressed out parents trying to complete a million things in a day.

If the rain holds off, we’re meeting another parent and kid at the school parking lot. Myself and the dad will walk around the track while our kids ride bikes. Georgia was great and a nice reprieve, but kids needs to see a friend other than via FB Messenger for Kids or Zoom. Restrictions are loosening, we know how to be safe.. they need this.
I hope B gets to see a friend soon!
Yeah, he asked me about meeting up with some of his friends and walking the trail. I told him he needs to talk to Mom about that. She said she might suggest that to the parents of one of his friends.

donaldtoo

I was taken to Tacodeli for lunch today for my annual job review, and even with all the crap goin’ on, I still got another pay raise...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I’ve gotten 8 pay raises in the 7 years (the first year after 6 mos., the next at the 1 yr. mark) since I was rehired at the firm...hard work pays off, but, I’m also feelin’ very blessed, as well...!!! :)

93boomer

Premium Member
I was taken to Tacodeli for lunch today for my annual job review, and even with all the crap goin’ on, I still got another pay raise...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I’ve gotten 8 pay raises in the 7 years (the first year after 6 mos., the next at the 1 yr. mark) since I was rehired at the firm...hard work pays off, but, I’m also feelin’ very blessed, as well...!!! :)
Congrats!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom