The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I miss going to Chili's.
How is dwifey's new job going?
Glad things are moving along well with the house rebuild.

Us too. But, we miss goin’ to Chuy’s and Catfish Parlour more...:(;)

Carolyn’s new job is goin’ great...she really likes it, and they really like her...!!! :)

Thanks on the rebuild...the house will never be the exact same again, but, the “home” to come will be...!!!!! :inlove::happy:

Also, we still have work pourin’ in to the firm for the time bein’. I just hope it holds out, as we all really don’t know what’s next. But, here in our family, we’ll just roll with it as we’ve needed to for now, and in the past, no matter what comes along...!!! :);)

Songbird76

@Songbird76 , Are you familiar with the composer John Rutter? Englishman. Writes amazing works for large choirs with orchestras. Please try....or give another listen...to John Rutter's "GLORIA".
Oh, I really like Rutter! I love his Laudate Dominum. When I was in high school, we sang it for Northeast District festival and I auditioned for the solo. I was one of four who got a "call back" for it, but ended up not being chosen. But I think it's a really beautiful piece of music.
The Lord Bless You and Keep You is beautiful as well.

SteveBrickNJ

Oh, I really like Rutter! I love his Laudate Dominum. When I was in high school, we sang it for Northeast District festival and I auditioned for the solo. I was one of four who got a "call back" for it, but ended up not being chosen. But I think it's a really beautiful piece of music.
The Lord Bless You and Keep You is beautiful as well.
"YES!" to the other pieces you have mentioned.....and I'll just tack on "Requiem". All the best to you @Songbird76 :)

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Forecast 😡. At least the rain looks like it will pause for a bit in the afternoon today.

View attachment 471437

Gonna have to make the most of that Saturday!!

I need to mow my lawn real bad, but not sure I can find some non-soggy time to do it. Thankfully it only takes a half hour or so because my yard is so small. But man,..... the rain just makes the grass shoot up!! Thankful to not have an HOA right now

MySmallWorldof4

I need to mow my lawn real bad, but not sure I can find some non-soggy time to do it. Thankfully it only takes a half hour or so because my yard is so small. But man,..... the rain just makes the grass shoot up!! Thankful to not have an HOA right now
We have 3 days of clouds and rain potential. Hoping to see some sun Saturday as well.

21stamps

I’m home today because we have 3 science projects and one crazy long with props language arts assignment.. all require parental assistance.

I don’t keep soda in the home, so went to buy some cheap soda and mentos for a STEM experiment..

It failed. :(. Back to the store. T is making a new funnel while I’m gone.

F289A3F4-EAF0-4389-BAF5-5EA15055F2C1.jpeg

Is school almost over?????????? I appreciate that part of these assignments are “fun”, but really I don’t have time to video my kid for so many assignments, and so many props or materials needed. At least when they were in school, these things were occasional or part of a larger assignment spanning a week, or just something fun that we would do on our own (minus the paper or oral presentation).. not a day or two during the work day.

Up next is a “family cooking assignment”.

These two are about matter changes, after the experiments the have to do a paper saying what changed chemical/physical, what they observed while doing it, and why the change happened.

Rant over. I do appreciate the teachers, I really do... but I’m also looking forward to the end of ‘distance learning’. They have to go back in the fall. They must. Like really, we can’t do this again.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Right... I just mowed ours last wednesday, and I already need to mow badly!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ugh! 3 of our dams broke in Mid Michigan, and they are estimating 9 ft of water in Midland Michigan sometime today.

I saw that! That's so sad. My sister is in California and was all like "that's awesome you're getting so much rain!!" and I'm over here like nah, dude. We don't live in a permanent drought location and the soil is already saturated. We don't need it right now.

StarWarsGirl

Rant over. I do appreciate the teachers, I really do... but I’m also looking forward to the end of ‘distance learning’. They have to go back in the fall. They must. Like really, we can’t do this again.
This. B and my mom are driving each other crazy with the distance learning stuff. Art projects especially...ugh.

Plus, he's so done being in this house. It's pretty bad when he was excited to see my friend over the weekend for a short period. Didn't even care that it wasn't one of his friends; just was glad to see someone we weren't related to. He'll also start to pace during the weekend and make us crazy until I take him someplace. He'll argue with me about going, but then come back in a much better mood.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This. B and my mom are driving each other crazy with the distance learning stuff. Art projects especially...ugh.

Plus, he's so done being in this house. It's pretty bad when he was excited to see my friend over the weekend for a short period. Didn't even care that it wasn't one of his friends; just was glad to see someone we weren't related to. He'll also start to pace during the weekend and make us crazy until I take him someplace. He'll argue with me about going, but then come back in a much better mood.
My kids have no desire to leave the house
the next one out mows the lawn with a push mower, I have 2 in case they're out at the same time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom