The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Glad to see that old sewing machine was saved. I have an old Singer model 15-91 that thing will sew through anything I got it to make boat seat covers. They don't make them like they used too. My son was so impressed with it he found one on eBay for his wife. Looks like they are moving right along on the rebuild

Thanks...!!! :)
Dad has used his machines over the years to mostly sew denim, leather, etc.
But, I also have at least 6 school pics that were taken wearing shirts my mom sewed for us, up into Junior High.
And yep, despite it all, the rebuild is movin’ along at a decent pace. This was only the second time our mother has been to the house since the fire on Jan. 29th.
She was in a decidedly good mood being there and seeing some good progress. As pop has said, and the rest of us are, of course, ALL in total agreement with, it’s all about what mom wants, and that is all that matters. It was, an will be again, her nest...!!!!!!! :happy:
They have been an incredible couple, parent, grandparent, great grandparent, etc. team in every way you can imagine, through all these years. They will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary this July 16...!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:
Again, thank you...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Yea for the saving of the sewing machine:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: If I had to save only one it would be my 1950s Singer featherweight. It's insured but was inherited so irreplaceable.

Thanks, Figgy...!!! :)
The construction team still says they’re on track for a November move back in, but, we’ll see how that all plays out.
Ultimately, it doesn’t matter exactly when the move back in happens, as long as we’re still all healthy and it happens...we’ll do what we need to, based on the proper protocol of the time.

StarWarsGirl

He jumps up and latches his front paws to the lip of the cabinets and then uses his rear claws to pull his hindquarters up behind him.

Poly would be the social distancer. Kona is like Ariel ~ he wants to be where the people are. 🤣
Neither of mine understand the concept of social distancing. This was how I worked for a while earlier this month...
20200507_165621.jpg
That would be Belle. We took a nap earlier today. She slept on my face.

Jasmine will keep away during the day, but first thing in the morning jumps up on my mom's bed and walks across her face before laying on top of her. And she's fat, so it hurts.
IMG_20200419_121125_343.jpg

donaldtoo

Some very rough markup iPhone pic design suggestions for my folks house to incorporate the post/column as a design feature (or disguise it) now supporting the corner of the kitchen ceiling, instead of just an awkward-looking column sitting on the corner of the island... :cyclops: The third was chosen, as it still will now provide full openness to the living room, but a little chunk of wall between the kitchen and dining room (not unlike before, next to the cabinet pantry) to provide space for pics/shelves for knickknacks, etc.
A small window, about the size of the entry door sidelites will also be put in on the other side of the fireplace to brighten up that corner a little during the day. It will take away a bit from the bookcases that will be rebuilt in that wall, but, not enough to cause a problem...!!! :)

2A791D09-A334-43F8-A0D2-CD4CE0BFBD8A.jpeg30944A41-74D1-4B6A-8309-4BDBB315E023.jpegCEF4B387-1E57-4DA6-BADE-4A43C8B824A6.jpeg87F4A2AE-1816-4E99-A6D7-CAB64E82B2E5.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom