The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Deliveries were busy as heck with great tips all weekend, but this story stands out:

Typically, we have to chat with the customer while shopping. Yesterday, a member cursed in the chat (not at me.) I didn’t think much of it (I’m from NJ.) Later, I mentioned Siri was the one who misspelled “Sharmin” in one of my responses, and she replied: “Siri misspells (the F word) like 80 times a day for me!”

I said, “Are you from Jersey?”

She was. 🤣🤣🤣

I said, “Well, there’s no F flour here!” 😂

It was a good Publix shop except for paper products, and she really needed them. She offered to buy me some if I found any. I told her thanks, I didn’t need any, but I knew another nearby Publix had plenty if she didn’t mind me being a little late. I said I’d let my on-time statistics take a hit. 😂

When I arrived at her house with everything, there was a (funny) card left out for me with a handwritten note and $80. She said I saved the day and made her laugh while doing it - in the rain.

I thanked her, and she said she would tip “the rest” in the app. I thought she meant an extra $20 to make it an even $100...

But she tipped an extra $150 in the app! 😵😵😵

You deserve some extra special pixie dust, due to all the additional work and upheaval in your routines, for the past few months. Very happy that you were recognized by that customer. :)

21stamps

Felt a need yesterday to download some Jimmy Buffet songs on our Google Play account. We already had "Volcano". My kids and I loved hearing that at the Margaritaville in City Walk. Downloaded "Cheeseburger in Paradise", and "Margaritaville".
My favorites are "A Pirate Looks at 40," "Son of a Son of a Sailor," and "One Particular Harbor."
I also like a couple of odd ones that don't often make the favorites list, "Delaney Talks to Statues," and "Fruitcakes."
All good Buffett songs. I'm a bit of a Parrothead myself. I would add Boat Drinks to the list.

I’m a humongous Buffett fan. Son of a Son of a Sailor is my favorite Buffett song. Boat Drinks a close runner up.. but I love them all.

epcotisbest

We took a break for a small sandwich dinner.. going back out for a hike to the lake.. then take out pizza later.

I feel like this isn’t right.. I swear I’ve walked more than this today... including a mile run with T this morning.

View attachment 469766

Georgia steps are further than other steps...helps you get away from bears and copperhead rattle moccasins!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I’m a humongous Buffett fan. Son of a Son of a Sailor is my favorite Buffett song. Boat Drinks a close runner up.. but I love them all.

My husband and I used to go tailgating to a lot Buffett concerts. Usually to Chicago, and Indianapolis but we did go to Cincinnati once. Buffett did come a couple times to Minneapolis/St. Paul and we went to those. The ones in Wisconsin never seemed to work into our schedule, and then Jimmy changed his touring schedule and was usually at Chicago & Indy when we like to take our WDW vacations. We had a great set up complete with a tiki bar and lots of decorations. We had lots of fun!

This is a picture of our set up from the last concert we tailgated at in Chicago in 2014. It was really windy so we didn't put up the inflatable palm trees.
IMG_4008.JPG

epcotisbest

My husband and I used to go tailgating to a lot Buffett concerts. Usually to Chicago, and Indianapolis but we did go to Cincinnati once. Buffett did come a couple times to Minneapolis/St. Paul and we went to those. The ones in Wisconsin never seemed to work into our schedule, and then Jimmy changed his touring schedule and was usually at Chicago & Indy when we like to take our WDW vacations. We had a great set up complete with a tiki bar and lots of decorations. We had lots of fun!

This is a picture of our set up from the last concert we tailgated at in Chicago in 2014. It was really windy so we didn't put up the inflatable palm trees.
View attachment 469802

Free flu shots at the tailgate?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom