The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

I tried strawberry's in one location in my garden. Within two years the entire garden was taken over by the strawberry's. I didn't plan it that way, they just spread on their own, and the strawberry's were always tiny, about the size of a marble. I finally gave up and and built a storage shed on the spot my garden was and made the rest part of my lawn. I also had critter problems initially and found that spreading "dried blood" around the plants keep most of them away. Before that the best my string beans could do was to come up about two inches tall and two leaves on them and the next morning all I had were little green sticks sticking out of the dirt.

I just read that I need to plant them at 20” apart. I don’t have the space for all of the plants. I’m not doing a legit garden area, just planting against my house. Now I realize that I’ll need another area for the fruits. I have a spot next to my deck where I can do it, same set up, just a strip of mulch against the deck, but I will need to dig up all of my flowers first. I have tulips and lilies there... and two flowers that I forget the name, were a gift last year.

21stamps

I also didn’t check the area first, just walked to the side of the house and realized there’s weeds, and two bushes that I completely forgot about. Probably should have taken care of those first.

This is such a 21stamps thing to do. Get an idea, go buy a bunch of stuff, prior to properly planning it out. 🤣🤦‍♀️

Eta- here are two areas that need a lot of work. The first is where the wood has disintegrated, and the grass has invade the space. I was planning on tearing out all of the wood (been on my to-do list for 3 years, I just always forget as we’re never on that side of the house) and replacing with stone or brick, also digging up the grass. Should I do all of that before I plant?
0FAD64D8-BFDA-4487-A7D4-AFBA6FFCB51A.jpeg1E9D698E-B5CA-45A1-995A-0E188DA0FE22.jpeg

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I also didn’t check the area first, just walked to the side of the house and realized there’s weeds, and two bushes that I completely forgot about. Probably should have taken care of those first.

This is such a 21stamps thing to do. Get an idea, go buy a bunch of stuff, prior to properly planning it out. 🤣🤦‍♀️

Eta- here are two areas that need a lot of work. The first is where the wood has disintegrated, and the grass has invade the space. I was planning on tearing out all of the wood (been on my to-do list for 3 years, I just always forget as we’re never on that side of the house) and replacing with stone or brick, also digging up the grass. Should I do all of that before I plant?
View attachment 468040View attachment 468041
You should do all your prep before planting

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So a coworker of mine added me to a Target team member Facebook group the other day and some of the posts/replies are mindboggling. One person (who I dont think actually works at Target, they were just added) actually said they will take their business elsewhere because they dont want to wear masks while shopping at Target because they, in their words, like to breathe. The irony in that? The person also says their job requires them to wear a mask at all times.

StarWarsGirl

So a coworker of mine added me to a Target team member Facebook group the other day and some of the posts/replies are mindboggling. One person (who I dont think actually works at Target, they were just added) actually said they will take their business elsewhere because they dont want to wear masks while shopping at Target because they, in their words, like to breathe. The irony in that? The person also says their job requires them to wear a mask at all times.
Are they in Maryland? If so, do they not realize it's not optional here in any store?

Also, if you do the drive up pickup, then you don't have to get out of your car and you don't have to wear a mask... it's great for those of us who were running out of M&Ms and who have a serious addiction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom