The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
So it looks like we're cancelling our June trip entirely. My dad is looking for dates for Hawaii in October. Disneyland will have to happen next year.

I'm sad about it, and I'll be desperate for vacation when it does come, but what can you do? Way worse things to come of this than a missed vacation.
It's ok to be sad about missing your vacation. I'm sad for you

BuddyThomas

Happy Passover to those who celebrate. I’m not Jewish but the Philmonster is, and tonight he decided we were going to do a Seder, just the two of us because of social distancing and all that....except that he made us pour a third glass of wine for Elijah, who I guess is a ghost or something. And now I’m in the doghouse because I told the Philmonster that it seemed silly to waste an entire glass of wine on a ghost.
3BAE545F-F0C2-4556-B97F-F8C6FACFC928.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Happy Passover to those who celebrate. I’m not Jewish but the Philmonster is, and tonight he decided we were going to do a Seder, just the two of us because of social distancing and all that....except that he made us pour a third glass of wine for Elijah, who I guess is a ghost or something. And now I’m in the doghouse because I told the Philmonster that it seemed silly to waste an entire glass of wine on a ghost.
View attachment 462002
Did you steal Elijah's wine when the Philmonster wasn't looking?

donaldtoo

View attachment 462002

Well, ghosts can’t waste ‘em on us, sooo.......
:D:hilarious:

FutureCEO

The wafers are currently out of stock on Amazon and Wal-Mart sites. Guess I'll have to wait.

I find myself actually ordering more from Target and Wally World (WalMart) then Amazon lately. Amazon does not have great food prices sometimes (though I did get 10 jars of Peanut Butter in February, I'm down to 7). I ordered a bag a fertilizer at WalMart, $30 dollars less than Amazon for the same.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 462002

That's very nice, Buddy. I read in my local newspaper that a temple in the area was doing an online sedar, for people who could not observe with others. That was a nice gesture. (I'm not familiar with the details of the dinner observance, but I know it's very important for people in that faith group.)

Songbird76

@Songbird76
Can you give a brief translation of this video?

These birds (Starlings, according to google translate) usually come and sleep in the trees in this park, but for some reason a lot of them are dying overnight and just falling dead out of the trees and they don't know why. This particular day the animal ambulance worker picked up 87 dead starlings. He said sometimes you get a bird that flies against a building, but that can't be the case here, so they aren't sure what's causing it. They had one instance before with .......(not sure what he said...I think a different type of bird) and that took a week that they were finding dead birds every day. The birds that they autopsied appeared healthy, so they can rule out a lot of things, but it could be poisoning, it could be that they ate something bad. It's the talk of the neighborhood with dog owners, because they aren't allowed to walk their dogs there right now. Then the last two people are just people who live there, and the guy says he always keeps a good eye on his dogs because labradores have a tendency to snarf things up, and the woman said she doesn't really know what's going on, so they are just avoiding the area and hoping nothing bad happens.

Songbird76

Wait, there’s more Parent Trap movies? I only know of those 2. Loved the original.
In Parent Trap II, Susan and Sharon are adults and one of them has a daughter. She meets a girl at summer school and they try to get their parents together and call in the doppelganger to go on a date, etc. I really liked that movie as a kid. And then Parent Trap III had triplets and they go to hawaii. I don't really remember much about that one...I only saw it once and we didn't get it recorded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom