The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Now is a good time for you to learn how to cook....it's part of being a self sufficient adult.
^^^^This!! My daughter's chore is to help me cook, and she likes to go to the grocery store with me, too. My son will help with his favorites sometimes, but he struggles with motor skills a lot, so we're taking it more slowly with him. But they are both learning the basics at least.

BAChicagoGal

I have a cousin who has an April 1st birthday. I have not seen him in years. He was my late brother's best friend growing up. My brother and him were huge sports fanatics, and sometimes would recruit me to play ball with them. That allowed them to hit more baseballs as I ran to catch them. I guess I was too dense to see their logic. Sometimes they let me hit.

Rista1313

Had to run to Aldi last night because my MIL needed a few items... and I picked up a few items for us while I was there... I ran thru the store as if I was on an episode of Super Market sweep! Get in and out fast.. (and I brought my mini lysol to spray the cart and the keypad down with) When I asked the checking out I asked if it was ok to spray my lysol on the keypad. She said sure.. but we wipe it down every hour... ok.. that works for the first person who touches it, but after that all bets are off!

Here was my impulse buy... I didn't NEED it.. but I wanted it!

IMG_3609.jpg

Songbird76

Had to run to Aldi last night because my MIL needed a few items... and I picked up a few items for us while I was there... I ran thru the store as if I was on an episode of Super Market sweep! Get in and out fast.. (and I brought my mini lysol to spray the cart and the keypad down with) When I asked the checking out I asked if it was ok to spray my lysol on the keypad. She said sure.. but we wipe it down every hour... ok.. that works for the first person who touches it, but after that all bets are off!

View attachment 460055
Do you have the kind of card readers that don't require a pin number entry? We have "contactless" things where you just hold up your card to the side of the machine and if it's under 25 euros, you don't have to enter your pin. They announced yesterday that they have upped it to 50 euros now so it's easier to pay without needing to use the touch pad. It does require it every so often as a security check, but 9 times out of 10 you don't need to touch anything. Snd they have hand gel as you enter or leave the store. Aldi here has wipes at the registers so you can wipe down the keypad before you enter your pin. And they are wiping down carts between every use at both Albert Heijn and Aldi.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

View attachment 460055

Oh wow, memories....I loved watching Supermarket Sweep. I thought I would be good at that game.

And wiping it down ONCE an hour?! That's crazy in these times. Good thing you had your Lysol with you. Nice pot too, is it stovetop & ovenproof or just decorative?

Rista1313

Do you have the kind of card readers that don't require a pin number entry? We have "contactless" things where you just hold up your card to the side of the machine and if it's under 25 euros, you don't have to enter your pin. They announced yesterday that they have upped it to 50 euros now so it's easier to pay without needing to use the touch pad. It does require it every so often as a security check, but 9 times out of 10 you don't need to touch anything. Snd they have hand gel as you enter or leave the store. Aldi here has wipes at the registers so you can wipe down the keypad before you enter your pin. And they are wiping down carts between every use at both Albert Heijn and Aldi.

Some places do... I haven't noticed if Aldi does, but unfortunately, my bank hasn't upgraded their cards to that yet.

Rista1313

Oh wow, memories....I loved watching Supermarket Sweep. I thought I would be good at that game.

And wiping it down ONCE an hour?! That's crazy in these times. Good thing you had your Lysol with you. Nice pot too, is it stovetop & ovenproof or just decorative?

It's both stovetop and ovenproof. I don't know what I'm going to make in it yet... but I know I couldn't leave without it!

When she said once an hour... I was like.. WUT??? I didn't say anything to her, but under my breath I said, "well that works for the first person who uses it after it's wiped down, but what about the people after that?" I'm sure she heard me.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

View attachment 460055

That pot is SOOOOO cute!! I have absolutely no need for it but I'd have had a hard time leaving without it too!! So pretty!!

We have chip cards that are slightly different. You insert your card in the chip slot and it reads your card. If it's a bank card you'll need to enter your pin no matter what your total is. If it's a credit card you can get away without signing if you spend less than a certain amount, but you still have to press buttons like "is this total okay" or whatever. People can also use their cellphones to pay in some places, but not Aldi. A lot of times the phone ends up touching the reader though, which I feel is likely less great than a card. Cell phones are in people's hands all day long whereas cards we only contact when we need them.

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 460055
That is such a pretty pot. I would almost hate using it for fear of staining it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom