The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I have coworkers that think opening their windows is going to let the virus in. Like, no.... you need fresh air. Open your windows. Turn your ceiling fans on. Get outside. You need fresh air.
Please tell my husband this. It was really nice the other day, I opened the back door to let some fresh air in. When I left the room, my husband told me to close it. He didn't say anything when DD and I opened our bedroom windows, but I notice our window is closed again.

SteveBrickNJ

Good morning! I'm not supposed to be online since 8am, but I'll quickly post and then start my teaching day.
#1 Thanks @StarWarsGirl . I've seen 6 episodes and 3 of them my daughter has watched with me.
#2 This is for everyone....I went outside this thread and started an independent thread: "YOUR FAVORITE photo(s) that you'll never delete"
............check it out if you are in the mood.
Gotta go. Bye!

Rista1313

We go on a lot of walks around our neighborhood, and sometimes we go to the park and hike in the woods. A couple days ago, A and I found a GIGANTIC anthill about a mile from our house. We go and check on the ants when it's warm, because they don't come out of their den when the weather is a little nippy. We never would have noticed this otherwise and it's been a great source of intrigue and imagination for her.
pictures!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm not going to judge anyone for reading the dictionary or anything, I'm the kid (and now adult) that just loves looking at maps. I used to and still do spend time looking through Atlases and maps. On roads trips as a kid I would get so excited at the rest stops that had free state maps. I would spend time just looking it over. I think I'm a map nerd.🤓

John park hopper

The wife was going to go to Mt Pleasant pick up groceries at Walmart senior shopping 7-9am which is in Charleston county and has 135 corona cases, neighboring Georgetown county has 11.
She went to the Walmart in Georgetown---no TP no paper towels. The insanity of people she said she had to keep telling people in line 6' apart while checking out. How do you protect yourself from stupid?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We go on a lot of walks around our neighborhood, and sometimes we go to the park and hike in the woods. A couple days ago, A and I found a GIGANTIC anthill about a mile from our house. We go and check on the ants when it's warm, because they don't come out of their den when the weather is a little nippy. We never would have noticed this otherwise and it's been a great source of intrigue and imagination for her.

That sounds like fun not just being out walking in the woods but the ant hill too. When I was a kid my mom filled a huge jar with sand and ants and my sister and I watched them build tunnels. It was amazing to us. I realize now we were also watching the ants die but it was interesting at the time.

Just about every day, I'm out in the woods. (Luckily, there is a spacious nature area near me -- unusual in it's location, as it's located in a moderately-sized city.) Anyway, I love exploring outdoors, just like you and A!! :happy:

In my town we have a hill/nature trail on the outskirts of town. I've been wanting to go out to it and walk around but hubs pointed out with our snow melting and rain it is probably super muddy. There are a couple bears that live in that area too and they might be coming out of hibernation soon so I don't want to be walking out there alone now either.

Rista1313

I'm not going to judge anyone for reading the dictionary or anything, I'm the kid (and now adult) that just loves looking at maps. I used to and still do spend time looking through Atlases and maps. On roads trips as a kid I would get so excited at the rest stops that had free state maps. I would spend time just looking it over. I think I'm a map nerd.🤓

LOL... I enjoyed looked at those maps too... and am so thankful my dad taught me how to read a map. I'm also thankful for google maps, so I don't have to anymore! LOL

StarWarsGirl

Plus, ordering takeout helps Americans feel like they're doing what they can to support their local communities right now. Makes us feel like we're contributing to them staying open when all this is over.
This is true too. We ordered from our local Italian place yesterday, partially because we love their food, but also because we want them to still be there when this is over; they've been there longer than I've been alive.

Oh, and that part about not cooking. If my mom weren't here, I'd probably be eating nothing but Mac and cheese and salad at this point...

Rista1313

This is true too. We ordered from our local Italian place yesterday, partially because we love their food, but also because we want them to still be there when this is over; they've been there longer than I've been alive.

Oh, and that part about not cooking. If my mom weren't here, I'd probably be eating nothing but Mac and cheese and salad at this point...

Now is a good time for you to learn how to cook....it's part of being a self sufficient adult.

93boomer

Premium Member
I did that too! I now like tracking hurricanes on a map. I record the coordinates and track.
Yeah I’m strange!🤣

MySmallWorldof4

Okay, you're not American, so let me explain...

In order to keep our economy going, we have to have shipping from various part of the country to another. That means that truck drivers have to drive from various parts of the country or another, and that means that they need to be able to stop, go to the bathroom, and eat while on their routes. If you close take out places, you make it much harder for the truck drivers who are still working as if it's business as usual to make sure that the rest of us can have enough toilet paper. Sure, they can get preprepared stuff in the grocery store, but who wants to live off of that? Pennsylvania shut down all of their rest stops and carry out places. It was a major problem for truck drivers in a state that you can spend hours driving across.

Not to mention the doctors, nurses, and others coming off twelve hours shifts who might have long commutes home (sometimes over an hour; it's not unusual here in Maryland) and then have to feed their families...who wants to worry about meal prep in that situation.

Sure, the average person sitting at home on their butts could spend the hours of additional time prepping meals, going to the grocery store, and learning how to cook rather than getting take out, but keeping the carry out places open isn't really for them. It's for the essential employees who are still working, sometimes on overtime, who might not be willing or able to do meal prep. Not to mention that by keeping carry out places open with minimal staff, it's one less hit to the economy.
What you said is spot on, but I started laughing when you got to "toilet paper".:hilarious: PA reopened a lot of its indoor rest stops. The governor again was not thinking when he ordered them closed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom