The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

I have not been to the supermarket the last 5 days. Has the hoarding mentality calmed down yet? It seems like every toilet paper joke that could be told....has been told. Is toilet paper available? How about the basics such as bread, eggs,and OJ?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have not been to the supermarket the last 5 days. Has the hoarding mentality calmed down yet? It seems like every toilet paper joke that could be told....has been told. Is toilet paper available? How about the basics such as bread, eggs,and OJ?

Can't speak for your area, but it has calmed down a bit in mine. I have found that things get stocked back up at random times during the day, in all the various grocery stores I've been in, for the past 10 days. There are still some more popular items that go quickly, but overall, there is more on the shelves now, than 2 weeks ago.

Songbird76

I can't answer for anywhere but here....there's no shortage of bread here, except the bakeries are only making a couple different kinds and a lot of it. I can't get the bread my son will eat. I was able to get pasta yesterday, and flour a few days ago, but there are shortages of those things. I haven't looked at TP because I already have enough from the last time it was on sale just before everyone went crazy with buying it, so I have no idea.

What's new here is all the restrictions...you HAVE to use a cart, they sanitize it as you go in (except at one store I went to...I saw no evidence of them sanitizing there at all. No cloths or spray or anything), there are spaces marked at the registers to keep distance, some have screens up in front of the cashiers, the workers are wearing vests that ask people to keep their distance, everyone is asked to pay with debit cards rather than cash and some have limited the number of people who can enter at one time. They are also asking everyone to shop alone. Not sure how single parents with small children are doing this, but they won't allow more than one person per family in.

Some people are able to do online order and home delivery..my BIL did that, but that's not an option at our store right now. I suppose it differs depending on where you live and what stores you have.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

It might vary from area to area but my husband went to Walmart yesterday and some shelves were bare but he was talking to one of the workers and it sounds like our store has supplies but is lacking some workers to get stuff onto the shelves. The worker he was talking to was coming off of an overtime shift and it wasn't something she normally does. I think it makes sense about lacking workers since some people might be sick, too scared to come out, staying home because of lack of childcare with schools out, or just lack of workers because the college students have gone home now. He was not looking for toilet paper (he got a pack last week though), but he was looking for Chlorox wipes for church but there weren't any out.

93boomer

Premium Member
DH went out during the early senior hours yesterday morning. He couldn’t find all the vegetables I needed. All the frozen ones were gone. No paper products or cleaning supplies. But I didn’t need any of that. No skim milk and meat was scarce. He ran back right before closing and found everything he didn’t get. They had restocked so we are good to go.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
DH went out during the early senior hours yesterday morning. He couldn’t find all the vegetables I needed. All the frozen ones were gone. No paper products or cleaning supplies. But I didn’t need any of that. No skim milk and meat was scarce. He ran back right before closing and found everything he didn’t get. They had restocked so we are good to go.

That's really unfortunate. What's the point of having the early senior hours if they aren't going to stock the shelves until later?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Less customer traffic so seniors don't get run over by younger panicking adults?

I get the point of the senior hour... I don't understand why they wouldn't take care of the seniors and restock overnight. If the seniors then have to come back later in the day, then the senior hour is useless. They're still having to be exposed. That's all I was saying.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I get the point of the senior hour... I don't understand why they wouldn't take care of the seniors and restock overnight. If the seniors then have to come back later in the day, then the senior hour is useless. They're still having to be exposed. That's all I was saying.
Mrs Ferret's supermarket isn't doing senior hour. Instead they have a healthcare hour twice a tin the am and once in the pm. You have to show your card/permit/license to get in. And they gave all the ladies free flowers on the first one.

Lilofan

It doesn't help when if there a limit of (1) of kleenex, TP pack, Bounty paper towel pack for each person, savvy families use their spouse and kids to make separate purchases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom