The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Do you have Verizon? If so let me know when current customers can actually score a good deal on an iPhone. Currently have a 7plus. I love it and am not having issues. Dh’s is totally glitchy a lot though.

I now have an iPhone 8+ (upgrade from my ol’ 6s since my birthday-ish in October), and am loving it...better camera, more options, etc....!!!!!!!:joyfull:

21stamps

I couldn't see the image. There was a sign on it that said it was removed?

no, I mean..the video/post says "this facebook post is no longer available". So I suppose its only visible to certain people?

It’s not removed on my FB page, I shared a public post. Maybe this site has restrictions against a FB link?

Just found it on twitter, but the FB one was funnier imo.

Tony the Tigger

Do you have Verizon? If so let me know when current customers can actually score a good deal on an iPhone. Currently have a 7plus. I love it and am not having issues. Dh’s is totally glitchy a lot though.

We do have Verizon. They are pretty good with upgrades for both phones on the plan, not just one. However, I did have to stay on the phone and the online chat for about 31 of 36 hours (stopping to sleep from like 2AM to 7AM) because they were such a mess. First Customer service rep told me both phones would be free. Went through the whole process, transferred to whatever dept was needed to finish, they said no. Contacted Supervisor who said yes, got disconnected, and the next person said no. This went on and on. The people telling me they were absolutely 100% free would put notes all over my account, and then someone else would just say no. At one point, they placed the order and told me to go pick up the phones at the local Verizon store. When I got there, the guy at the store said no and wouldn't give them to me! Finally, one person put the order all the way through herself and had them shipped to my house.

Months later, they were not applying the credits to my account. Had to go through it all over again, but got the credits. It was a nightmare, but I darn well got my two free phones. And I'll do it again!

So my big holiday shopping spree this past weekend was: 1 wall calendar for 2020, and 1 copy of the Old Farmer's Almanac.

Like to do my part to keep the economy moving, you know?
Nah, wrong terminology -- ask for combat pay.

All. In. Minnie. Voice.

Noted. I think these have been over-hyped. Been reading comments like yours and others saying about the same thing. The people who think the Impossible is delicious are few and far between. Pass.

I like them. I never eat fast food, but I have been stopping to get the ones from BK with just ketchup and onion (hold the pickle, mayo, and tomato) and I think they taste really good. I make the beyond burgers at home and they're excellent (and you get two for the price of one BK, plus without BK's unhealthy BK-ness, bun, etc. And when Publix has them on BOGO, I stock up!)

I also like the veggie burgers that aren't trying to be a meat burger.

Totally conflicted about how processed they are.
Oh my.
My sincerest belated sympathies.
I’ve never (knock on wood - my head ;)) had a kidney stone myself, but, was in an ER one of many times with my heart condition, next to a guy that did...I’ve never heard so much painful cursing, and begging for morphine in my entire life (he profusely apologized to everyone in the ER once the morphine kicked in, though).
Hope yours isn’t even remotely close to as bad, and I hope it all gets resolved soon...!!! :)

The first time I ever got them (or became aware of them) was immediately after a Disney trip a few years ago. The doc said the dehydration from days of outdoor heat, drinking, etc. is what made it move. When it hit, I had no idea what was happening to me, and I think that fear made it worse. The pain was in my side/back, I got chills and sweats at the same time, nauseous, dizzy, couldn't take any sounds like the TV. Got an appointment with the doc, and in the car on the way there, it subsided (it had moved.)

I never felt the final stage. They did an ultrasound and said they were not big, and gave me meds that relax the tubes inside your body to help them pass through your system more easily. I also went nuts with lemons and a tincture I got at Whole Foods that are both supposed to marginally shrink them by eating at them around the edges. Every once in awhile, I feel like one is moving, I take those pills for a couple of days - who knows, maybe they just stop in a more comfy spot and stay there for a year or so.

My younger brother had one so bad, he was in agony for days, with an IV drip in his house. That sounded terrifying.

Tony the Tigger

Getting tired, but dinner was great! It reminded me a lot of the Yachtsman - similar menu, similar plating style (shared sides, etc.) and very expensive. A freaking drink was $17. No idea why I said yes to a second. Maybe because the first one came with a steak garnish LOL.

Anyway, happy to say (because this doesn't always happen) it was well worth it. No missteps through the whole thing. We both loved it.

Very nice place, near Las Olas but not on it, so easier access. We wore dress shirts and dress pants, no jackets or ties. I only have a few pics of the food, not really great ones, can post from my phone.

First thing after we were seated, the hostess came back to the table and said she heard someone was having a birthday. (They asked in the online reservation process.) She then took a picture of us. I thought, gee, that would be nice if she emails it to the email address on the reservation, but didn't know if she would.

We ordered drinks, and then an "ahi tuna tower" appetizer. The tuna was diced along with avocado, some kind of fruit and other things, which was then piled high on the plate, with some bits of different sauces, and served with a few large tortilla chips. It was quite good, and we do a lot of ahi apps. Excellent start. And at some point we realized, didn't notice when it arrived, but there was a cardboard two-sided frame on the table - with the printed photo taken earlier attached to it (!) and marked with the date and that it was Brian's birthday. I thought that was a nice touch. The bread was a house made loaf of what I'm calling onion bread (It had onion bits on top similar to an onion bagel.) I rarely bother with bread much, but it was very good. We finished that by the end of the meal.

The waiter was friendly, explained certain dishes (their menu had zero explanation of any of the dishes.) Brian had a Cajun ribeye (16 oz) and the waiter's description was accurate: it's not spicy hot, just flavorful. It really was. (We always share a bit.) I had a 12 oz filet, and after tasting both, I knew I had made the right choice. While his was enjoyable and flavorful, it would have been a lot for me to make it my entree. Since I don't eat much meat anymore, it seems like a lot of work to chew. The filet was more "melt in your mouth-ish." I "upgraded" it with a cognac sauce, which I expected to be a sweet sauce, but it wasn't - it was more peppercorny and a little mustardy, very thick - interesting flavor.

Our two sides for the table were horseradish mashed potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts - both perfect. The horseradish did not overpower the mashed potatoes, just gave them a mild flavor, and we have been disappointed with similar brussel sprout sides a bunch of times - including at Tiffins. (Cat Cora's on the WDW Boardwalk were really good.) They were well cooked and not over salted.

The waiter didn't "get" my message about sugar free desserts (there are none on the menu) and brought Brian out a piece of what I'd call molten lava cake with a scoop of ice cream and a candle on it. It was small enough that we could split it without him worrying about his sugar. Gotta say, it was better than any free birthday dessert we ever got at Disney (although we get more of them everywhere we go at Disney LOL.)

During the meal, someone across the room said, "Is that Brian?" It was someone he had hired at the stadium years ago, who works at the restaurant with him now, but doesn't know he gave notice yet. He went over to her table for a few minutes and she bought him a bday shot of tequila. I thought that was cool.

Res was for 8:30; we didn't get out of there until close to 10:30. It was very comparable to a Disney fine dining experience. We were both very happy with it. Bonus: I took home about half of my filet, along with some of the two sides and the sauce. That will make a nice lunch tomorrow. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Getting tired, but dinner was great! It reminded me a lot of the Yachtsman - similar menu, similar plating style (shared sides, etc.) and very expensive. A freaking drink was $17. No idea why I said yes to a second. Maybe because the first one came with a steak garnish LOL.

Anyway, happy to say (because this doesn't always happen) it was well worth it. No missteps through the whole thing. We both loved it.

Very nice place, near Las Olas but not on it, so easier access. We wore dress shirts and dress pants, no jackets or ties. I only have a few pics of the food, not really great ones, can post from my phone.

First thing after we were seated, the hostess came back to the table and said she heard someone was having a birthday. (They asked in the online reservation process.) She then took a picture of us. I thought, gee, that would be nice if she emails it to the email address on the reservation, but didn't know if she would.

We ordered drinks, and then an "ahi tuna tower" appetizer. The tuna was diced along with avocado, some kind of fruit and other things, which was then piled high on the plate, with some bits of different sauces, and served with a few large tortilla chips. It was quite good, and we do a lot of ahi apps. Excellent start. And at some point we realized, didn't notice when it arrived, but there was a cardboard two-sided frame on the table - with the printed photo taken earlier attached to it (!) and marked with the date and that it was Brian's birthday. I thought that was a nice touch. The bread was a house made loaf of what I'm calling onion bread (It had onion bits on top similar to an onion bagel.) I rarely bother with bread much, but it was very good. We finished that by the end of the meal.

The waiter was friendly, explained certain dishes (their menu had zero explanation of any of the dishes.) Brian had a Cajun ribeye (16 oz) and the waiter's description was accurate: it's not spicy hot, just flavorful. It really was. (We always share a bit.) I had a 12 oz filet, and after tasting both, I knew I had made the right choice. While his was enjoyable and flavorful, it would have been a lot for me to make it my entree. Since I don't eat much meat anymore, it seems like a lot of work to chew. The filet was more "melt in your mouth-ish." I "upgraded" it with a cognac sauce, which I expected to be a sweet sauce, but it wasn't - it was more peppercorny and a little mustardy, very thick - interesting flavor.

Our two sides for the table were horseradish mashed potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts - both perfect. The horseradish did not overpower the mashed potatoes, just gave them a mild flavor, and we have been disappointed with similar brussel sprout sides a bunch of times - including at Tiffins. (Cat Cora's on the WDW Boardwalk were really good.) They were well cooked and not over salted.

The waiter didn't "get" my message about sugar free desserts (there are none on the menu) and brought Brian out a piece of what I'd call molten lava cake with a scoop of ice cream and a candle on it. It was small enough that we could split it without him worrying about his sugar. Gotta say, it was better than any free birthday dessert we ever got at Disney (although we get more of them everywhere we go at Disney LOL.)

During the meal, someone across the room said, "Is that Brian?" It was someone he had hired at the stadium years ago, who works at the restaurant with him now, but doesn't know he gave notice yet. He went over to her table for a few minutes and she bought him a bday shot of tequila. I thought that was cool.

Res was for 8:30; we didn't get out of there until close to 10:30. It was very comparable to a Disney fine dining experience. We were both very happy with it. Bonus: I took home about half of my filet, along with some of the two sides and the sauce. That will make a nice lunch tomorrow. :)
Sounds like an awesome birthday dinner! So, Brian gave notice and accepted the new job?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Cesar R M , here are 3 pictures of birds for you. (Actually, I had taken these photos back in early September.) They were all in a local nature area.

Swan cruising in the lagoon.
IMG_0578.JPG

Swan showing off neck flexibility to another swan.
IMG_0520.JPG

And lastly (from a BIG distance, left-side railing), a red cardinal. I tried to get a closer picture, but he was camera shy and flew away. (However, I love wooden bridges, so that's the consolation prize here.) ;)IMG_0440.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

@Cesar R M , here are 3 pictures of birds for you. (Actually, I had taken these photos back in early September.) They were all in a local nature area.

Swan cruising in the lagoon.
View attachment 430329

Swan showing off neck flexibility to another swan.
View attachment 430330

And lastly (from a BIG distance, left-side railing), a red cardinal. I tried to get a closer picture, but he was camera shy and flew away. (However, I love wooden bridges, so that's the consolation prize here.) ;)View attachment 430331
So pretty!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It was dark when I woke up, so I didn’t notice the snow on the ground until now. We apparently got a dusting overnight. I am ok with anything under half an inch or 5 mm for those who live in Guernsey. 😉

I did the same thing. Our ground was clear but my deck was covered and my sleepy, unorganized thought was... "why did my neighbor paint my deck?!" :hilarious: :hilarious:

Tony the Tigger

Sounds like an awesome birthday dinner! So, Brian gave notice and accepted the new job?

Yes. And to our surprise, the guy accepted his notice rather than just saying forget it.

He said, “We have a lot of turnover here.”

Duh. You’re an [expletive!]

The other day, the owner was home watching everything on the cameras. The opening server had called, and was going to be late arriving (after opening.) B had to set up, open up, got slammed right at opening with a few large parties, and the guy calls him and asks why he is seeing Brian (the manager) on the cameras doing the server’s work? B told him she was running late. He told B, “You don’t know how to make a schedule. You are an effing idiot.”

I’m half suspicious the guy wants to make a public spectacle of firing him or screw him out of a final paycheck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom