The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Are there any gloves(not ski), that actually keep your fingers warm?

No, in really cold weather, gloves are not the best option. I even have a special pair of Swix gloves for cross-country skiing, and those don't work well either -- at least, not until your body warms up from the cardio after a while.

Mittens are so much more practical, and do a much better job of keeping your fingertips warm. Sometimes when the temps drop below zero (and a wind chill on top of that), I'll wear a pair of gloves inside a pair of mittens.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have used something called Hot Hands (Walmart carries) they are packets when exposed to the air generate heat. Place in your mittens have used them hunting in cold weather seem to work. Have put them in my boots nothing worse than cold feet

Actually, I bought a few packages of those last year. I just kept forgetting to use them, so they're still in the packages all ready for this year? :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

No, in really cold weather, gloves are not the best option. I even have a special pair of Swix gloves for cross-country skiing, and those don't work well either -- at least, not until your body warms up from the cardio after a while.

Mittens are so much more practical, and do a much better job of keeping your fingertips warm. Sometimes when the temps drop below zero (and a wind chill on top of that), I'll wear a pair of gloves inside a pair of mittens.
Great idea!

wdwfan4ver

Utility companies annual Holiday Cookie book came out this year. It has 38 recipes with them having cookies, bars, balls, and 1 Holiday S'mores recipe. It does not have any fruitcake recipes unlike the the holiday cookie books did back in the 20th century. It is a free PDF file download.

Here is a link to the 2019 Holiday cookie book: https://www.we-energies.com/recipes/cookiebookarchive/cookiebook2019.pdf

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went to Hershey Park last night for the beginning of Christmas Candy Lane. It was so empty! We did all the rides we wanted. The weather was not too bad. I say that because I layered 3 long sleeve tees, a sweater, long underwear, and my heavy Land’s End parka. Had a hat and gloves, and wore my fuzzy lined boots with socks. My finger tips still got cold. Are there any gloves(not ski), that actually keep your fingers warm? Dh and I embarrassed our oldest by dancing around when they played Christmas songs and had the lights all dance. My younger two danced along with us after those 2 crazy kids came off the swing ride. I thought their heads would freeze because it goes so fast. They came off skipping. It was a great night. Here are some pictures.
View attachment 426063View attachment 426064View attachment 426065View attachment 426066View attachment 426067View attachment 426068View attachment 426069View attachment 426070View attachment 426071View attachment 426072

Looks so nice! Reminds me of the Osborne lights a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom