The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl, the visiting team is the DelMarVa Shorebirds. You live in Maryland,correct? Do you know if the Shorebirds stadium is in DE, MD, or VA? I think when I travel I-95 in MD I pass a minor league baseball stadium.
I believe Deleware. They're one of the Orioles' affiliates

Edit: Actually Salisbury. Which is on the Eastern shore of MD down near Ocean City.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

It is so crowded here. We never come on the weekends in the summer here. Thought by coming late it wouldn’t be bad. Waiting like 20 minutes just for Rita’s. They have a sugar free ice.
Sundays are usually better. This morning when it was cloudy there was barely anyone here. I waited 15 minutes for Farenheit and then did Whitecap racers three times plus Tidal for. I got here at 10:30, that was all before 1 pm. Then I had lunch and went on the Ferris Wheel and Lightning Racers.

Saturdays in April are better. Sundays in October are fantastic. I went on a Saturday in September a few years ago and it was better.

I just kind of deal when it's like this. I'll hit the rides that aren't super long and just wait for the ones I want while reading a book on my phone. They'll let you take food in line, so I waited for Great Bear and got Dippin' Dots. And then there's rides that are pretty much always 20 minutes or less, (the Towers, Racers, Wildcat, Wave Swings).

At least here I feel like I can still do things in the crowd. WDW's crowds get unbearable.

Look for it to die down at around 9. I just got food with no wait.

MySmallWorldof4

Sundays are usually better. This morning when it was cloudy there was barely anyone here. I waited 15 minutes for Farenheit and then did Whitecap racers three times plus Tidal for. I got here at 10:30, that was all before 1 pm. Then I had lunch and went on the Ferris Wheel and Lightning Racers.

Saturdays in April are better. Sundays in October are fantastic. I went on a Saturday in September a few years ago and it was better.

I just kind of deal when it's like this. I'll hit the rides that aren't super long and just wait for the ones I want while reading a book on my phone. They'll let you take food in line, so I waited for Great Bear and got Dippin' Dots. And then there's rides that are pretty much always 20 minutes or less, (the Towers, Racers, Wildcat, Wave Swings).

At least here I feel like I can still do things in the crowd. WDW's crowds get unbearable.

Look for it to die down at around 9. I just got food with no wait.
We just left. Thanks for the tips. Even though we are only an hour away, we don’t come here too often.

donaldtoo

:cool: Very cool for you!

Never flew the 182, but I did fly the older 150 and 152. Tried the 172, but struggled more with that, and it may have been just the specific plane itself, not so much the model. Just not sure if the 4-seater 172 made that much of a difference in handling, or if it was more psychological.

For some reason, this got me to thinkin’ about larger planes, too...
I’ve never even flown in a 747. :cyclops:
The largest plane I’ve ever flown in was one of the 2 wide-bodies from back in the day...the McDonnell Douglas DC-10 or the Lockheed L-1011. Both 3-engine jets. Haven’t googled, so not sure which has the larger seating capacity.
The smallest aircraft, of course, bein’ the gyroplane...!!! :)

18A26741-52C8-4CE0-8EEA-D1C3307A7BF3.jpegC0682ADD-248B-44D4-A5E4-AB2C052319FB.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

We just left. Thanks for the tips. Even though we are only an hour away, we don’t come here too often.
I'm up here about once a month with my season pass. I always figure if therefore something I didn't get to, I'll just hit it next time. The crowds don't phase me too much.

I'm about 90 minutes away, so when I come up, I stay. Oh, and I don't have to get up early, so there's that.

donaldtoo

Speaking of shopping, this weekend (in MA only) is a tax free shopping weekend. Of course, the one weekend we don't have to pay the 6.25% sales tax, there's nothing we need. :facepalm: So, I'll just get a few bags of Jack's dog food to save a few dollars. (Yup, in my state, they tax dog food. :banghead: ) Note: No tax on people food, unless it's a luxury item like Godiva chocolates, for example.

Our tax-free weekend was last weekend here. We have the same base rate as y’all, but, other than beer, I can’t remember what all is and isn’t taxed...!!!!! :hilarious: ;):)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Is it a better percentage than the 5% at Target? I know BJ’s had a deal for a weekend with a discount that was better than Target’s, but generally Target’s better
3 to 6 %. The larger the amount purchased the LESS discounted. So we purchased smaller and consolidated. Plus the Disney Rewards from Disney Chase. .

Last edited:

Cesar R M

For some reason, this got me to thinkin’ about larger planes, too...
I’ve never even flown in a 747. :cyclops:
The largest plane I’ve ever flown in was one of the 2 wide-bodies from back in the day...the McDonnell Douglas DC-10 or the Lockheed L-1011. Both 3-engine jets. Haven’t googled, so not sure which has the larger seating capacity.
The smallest aircraft, of course, bein’ the gyroplane...!!! :)

View attachment 399031View attachment 399032
funnily, I'm the same.

I have never flown anything bigger than a DC10. Almost every single flight I have been were with 737's or A320's family.

Interestingly, you flew with giro-planes.. I have flown with these when younger:

I guess we have some sort of similarity in the plane aspect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom