The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

My Saturday just got busier. It is ds’s birthday Saturday. He got his gift today, but he told us he really wanted to go to Hershey Park. He didn’t want to ask since we are going to Uni in a week and a half. Youngest has a car wash for her team in the morning so we are going for the evening.
The moment I read about the princess Disney running event, I instantly remembered these pictures and the edit I did for you XD
Those pictures never get old!

Goofyernmost

This reminded me of all the hullabaloo from the TV censors back then, regarding her costume. ;) (Also, another tidbit, she was pregnant for the first 10 episodes, and they "hid" her pregnancy with a different, full-length top.)

(Excerpt below from Kiwireport, article by Stephanie Stevens, Feb. 6, 2017, about the harem pants) --

Remember those censorship rules we talked about? Well, if you remember never catching a glimpse of Barbara Eden’s belly button in her harem costume, then you can blame censorship regulations for that. Showing a little bit of skin was permitted in the 60’s (you know, free love and all) but there was something very specific about the belly button and its correlation with unbridled sexuality. :p
Seems like those folks needed to Google the definition of "unbridled sexuality". People are so stupid it hurts. Walt Disney also didn't let Annette Funicello show any navel in her movies either. As if anyone would have been focusing on her navel. Kind of makes you shake your head a little doesn't it?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Wednesdays are always called "Hump Day".
Today(Thurs) was the 15th day of August....is that kinda like Hump Month?
This Saturday I'm going to a minor league baseball game. (The Lakewood Blue Claws)
WHAT ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS GONNA DO THIS WEEKEND?😎

It's time for A's annual half birthday tea party this weekend. This year's theme is hatchimals which i know nothing about 😂😂 but I'm sure she'll have fun

donaldtoo

Anyone else kooky like me when it comes to digital clock numbers...
I see Boeing aircraft designations, and vehicle cubic inch engine sizes (many from back in the day ;)) all day long...!!!!! :hilarious:
Boeing aircraft: 7:07, 7:27, 7:37 (which inspired this silly post a bit ago :D), 7:47, and 7:57...
Vehicle cubic inch engine sizes: 2:50, 3:01, 3:02, 3:05, 3:07, 3:18, 3:27, 3:40, 3:49, 3:50, 3:51, 4:00, 4:09, 4:27, 4:28, 4:29, 4:40, 4:54, 4:55...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::rolleyes:🤪:D;):)

donaldtoo

This is more of what I had in mind. BTW, it beats those two, no contest!

View attachment 398408

Let the record show that, yet again, you went there, and I didn’t...not that I didn’t think it, I just didn’t do it...!!!!! :angelic::D:hilarious:;)
But, Barbara Eden will be 88 on the 23rd of this month. Here’s a pic of her from March of 2017, and, IMHO, she’s still a very attractive lady...!!!!! :happy::)

E79A9354-4D87-4AA6-8A74-3581CED1366B.jpeg

donaldtoo

This reminded me of all the hullabaloo from the TV censors back then, regarding her costume. ;) (Also, another tidbit, she was pregnant for the first 10 episodes, and they "hid" her pregnancy with a different, full-length top.)

(Excerpt below from Kiwireport, article by Stephanie Stevens, Feb. 6, 2017, about the harem pants) --

Remember those censorship rules we talked about? Well, if you remember never catching a glimpse of Barbara Eden’s belly button in her harem costume, then you can blame censorship regulations for that. Showing a little bit of skin was permitted in the 60’s (you know, free love and all) but there was something very specific about the belly button and its correlation with unbridled sexuality. :p

Yep, I also remember hearing about all that years after the fact.
Also, IIRC, Mike and Carol Brady were the first well-known TV couple to share a bed together, although there are other, earlier, lesser-known TV couples that apparently did, as well...!!! :)

donaldtoo

I don't think any of us knew about it -- whether seeing the show when it originally aired, or in reruns. Apparently the shorter harem top was introduced later in the series. ;)

Another tidbit: it broadcast in black and white for one year only (1965-66 for the first 30 episodes) and then in color from 1966- 70, for 109 episodes). What intrigued me most about this fact was the high number of episodes per season shown back then. Nowadays, a TV series has far fewer "new" episodes each season. :(

Yep, follow the money trail on that one...syndication.
You payed the actors less with residuals for reruns than for churning out new episodes, and the ad revenue for beloved TV shows didn’t drop that much during reruns.
Of course, that was years ago...not sure how it all works now with recording shows, streaming, no commercials, etc.... :cyclops:;)

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Awesome...!!!!! :happy:
I’ve heard of them, but, still have no clue... :cyclops:
Not sure if I need to google in case they might still be popular for Emy...the circle of life, and all...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:;)

View attachment 398646

I'd wait!! It's all small parts, like LOL dolls and Shopkins. Definitely at least 3 more years until they're really safe for her and who knows what will be popular then

donaldtoo

I'd wait!! It's all small parts, like LOL dolls and Shopkins. Definitely at least 3 more years until they're really safe for her and who knows what will be popular then

OK, cool, and thanks...!!! 👍 DD and SonIL probably know all about it...!!! :)
But, I honestly have NO clue what the other stuff you mentioned was, either...!!!!! :hilarious:
Ol’ Pappy here may need to ketchup on some stuff...!!!!! :D;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom