The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Taking a page from the book of @donaldtoo ... I just reserved a trip for A's fifth birthday. Fly down, one night at her favorite resort AoA, fly back. Which gives us two park days and a chance for her to spend her birthday inside Cinderella's castle.
I love that! We did a spir of the moment whirlwind trip for oldest’s 14th, but we drove since airline tickets for 6 is kind of expensive. We drove down on a Wednesday and left Saturday. We stayed at the Wyndham in Bonnet Creek that time. We had ap’s at the time so it was an inexpensive trip and very memorable.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is more of what I had in mind. BTW, it beats those two, no contest!

View attachment 398408

This reminded me of all the hullabaloo from the TV censors back then, regarding her costume. ;) (Also, another tidbit, she was pregnant for the first 10 episodes, and they "hid" her pregnancy with a different, full-length top.)

(Excerpt below from Kiwireport, article by Stephanie Stevens, Feb. 6, 2017, about the harem pants) --

Remember those censorship rules we talked about? Well, if you remember never catching a glimpse of Barbara Eden’s belly button in her harem costume, then you can blame censorship regulations for that. Showing a little bit of skin was permitted in the 60’s (you know, free love and all) but there was something very specific about the belly button and its correlation with unbridled sexuality. :p

MySmallWorldof4

This reminded me of all the hullabaloo from the TV censors back then, regarding her costume. ;) (Also, another tidbit, she was pregnant for the first 10 episodes, and they "hid" her pregnancy with a different, full-length top.)

(Excerpt below from Kiwireport, article by Stephanie Stevens, Feb. 6, 2017, about the harem pants) --

Remember those censorship rules we talked about? Well, if you remember never catching a glimpse of Barbara Eden’s belly button in her harem costume, then you can blame censorship regulations for that. Showing a little bit of skin was permitted in the 60’s (you know, free love and all) but there was something very specific about the belly button and its correlation with unbridled sexuality. :p
I had no idea she was pregnant during the filming. I only ever watched reruns of course as a kid, so I wouldn't have paid much attention to that anyway.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had no idea she was pregnant during the filming. I only ever watched reruns of course as a kid, so I wouldn't have paid much attention to that anyway.

I don't think any of us knew about it -- whether seeing the show when it originally aired, or in reruns. Apparently the shorter harem top was introduced later in the series. ;)

Another tidbit: it broadcast in black and white for one year only (1965-66 for the first 30 episodes) and then in color from 1966- 70, for 109 episodes). What intrigued me most about this fact was the high number of episodes per season shown back then. Nowadays, a TV series has far fewer "new" episodes each season. :(

MySmallWorldof4

I don't think any of us knew about it -- whether seeing the show when it originally aired, or in reruns. Apparently the shorter harem top was introduced later in the series. ;)

Another tidbit: it broadcast in black and white for one year only (1965-66 for the first 30 episodes) and then in color from 1966- 70, for 109 episodes). What intrigued me most about this fact was the high number of episodes per season shown back then. Nowadays, a TV series has far fewer "new" episodes each season. :(
That is a lot of episodes. Dh and I used to watch some tv shows on USA that had less than 15 episodes in a season. The next season wouldn't be until the next year. By the next year we were not interested anymore. We generally don't watch network tv anymore. The only network show we watched this past month was the 90210 relaunch. We both watched it when it ran originally. I was a Sophomore in college at the time. My roommates and I would religiously watch it. That was one show we were actually excited about watching. So we watched the pilot last week and actually liked it. We are looking forward to the next episode.

Tony the Tigger

Nowadays, a TV series has far fewer "new" episodes each season.

Drives me nuts.

That is a lot of episodes. Dh and I used to watch some tv shows on USA that had less than 15 episodes in a season. The next season wouldn't be until the next year. By the next year we were not interested anymore. We generally don't watch network tv anymore. The only network show we watched this past month was the 90210 relaunch. We both watched it when it ran originally. I was a Sophomore in college at the time. My roommates and I would religiously watch it. That was one show we were actually excited about watching. So we watched the pilot last week and actually liked it. We are looking forward to the next episode.

I’m enjoying it! I’m also cringing because apparently my face is going to fall apart any minute now like their old faces. And they have make-up artists!

Still sad about Luke!

MySmallWorldof4

I think Ian Ziering looks amazing!! I think as far as the males go, he looks the best. I think Tori had some really bad plastic surgery sadly. I loved the scene where the check in guy at the hotel had no idea who they were. I think it is an innovative way they are doing this remake. It is totally sad about Luke. I liked how they acknowledged it. Brought tears to mine and dh's eyes.

PS Your face is not falling apart!

MouseDreaming

I have an idea how there so many Deep-Fried Mozzarella Sticks sold from Saz's. The Wisconsin State Fair has a bargain Book and the Mozzarella Sticks were one of the items mentioned. The bargain book has a coupon that has the Mozzarella Sticks for $3.50 instead of $6.50. My younger brother used the Mozzarella Stick coupon in the bargain book for the fair and he got 5 regular sized Mozzarella sticks for $3.50 along with sauce.
And it doesn't hurt that Saz's sauce is so yummy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom