The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Back in the day I used to love going to our old airport to see friends or family off or pic them up (and, of course, be flyin’ out to somewhere ourselves ;)). Back then you could go to the gate with them and watch their plane take off, or go to the gate to watch their plane land and greet them as they got off the plane, as the runway was in full view.

I remember those days of being able to go to the gate to greet non international guests. I also loved watching the planes take off and land. When we lived in NJ, there was an IKEA we would go to in Newark. We would be able to see the airport from the cafeteria and watch the planes from there. It was a fun way to spend a weekend day.

I was probably about 8 when my parents took the family to the airport, so that we could gawk at the planes. It was so much fun back then. There was an outdoor observation deck, and you'd just walk over to the door from inside the terminal, open it, and go outside to watch the planes. (No security check, no alarm going off . . . ;)).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Woke up around 2:30 AM. I think because of yesterday's heat, I was housebound for most of the day. So I didn't really get much exercise, and wasn't all that tired when I went to bed last night. Anyway, I couldn't get back to sleep after 2:30.

So what did I do? At 2:45, I decided to clean the air filter in the air conditioner. (The look on my dog's face was priceless, as I was in a cleaning frenzy mode at the sink. :hilarious: ) Pleased with my early AM cleaning prowess, I went to slide the filter back into the A/C unit. Got stuck! It's now half in, half out of the unit?! :jawdrop:

See. Nothing good ever comes from cleaning. :facepalm:

MySmallWorldof4

Woke up around 2:30 AM. I think because of yesterday's heat, I was housebound for most of the day. So I didn't really get much exercise, and wasn't all that tired when I went to bed last night. Anyway, I couldn't get back to sleep after 2:30.

So what did I do? At 2:45, I decided to clean the air filter in the air conditioner. (The look on my dog's face was priceless, as I was in a cleaning frenzy mode at the sink. :hilarious: ) Pleased with my early AM cleaning prowess, I went to slide the filter back into the A/C unit. Got stuck! It's now half in, half out of the unit?! :jawdrop:

See. Nothing good ever comes from cleaning. :facepalm:
Oh that is annoying. Hopefully when your dh wakes up you can fiddle soma more with it so you don't wake him up.

Goofyernmost

I remember those days of being able to go to the gate to greet non international guests. I also loved watching the planes take off and land. When we lived in NJ, there was an IKEA we would go to in Newark. We would be able to see the airport from the cafeteria and watch the planes from there. It was a fun way to spend a weekend day.
Back in my day and the area I was from, really had nothing else to do other then watch grass grow, witnessing them wash the fire trucks, going to the airport and watching planes takeoff and land or driving by that scenic sight of 10, nuclear armed, B-52's lined up along the highway. No further than 40 yards from the road and over to the side was a huge alert barracks which resembled a spider as the tubes that were the only way to get out of what looked like a concrete slab sitting on the round. All within a stones throw from that same road.

Of course, if we had known that they were armed like that, there is a good chance that we would have found another 'going for a ride' route. Or maybe not! It was a more innocent, ignorant time. I hate to think about how life would have been if we had known that bit of information at the time. Five year old's would have been writing their wills, I'm sure!

SteveBrickNJ

Wouldn't matter if you happen to have DirecTV, like I do. They suck. They cut CBS network programming for yet another (fabricated) dispute between the giant AT&T and CBS network tv. We're paying for this service and they blacked it out over the weekend (with minimal notice!) to 11 major cities, not just mine. :mad: (We do have an over the air antenna, and I can pull CBS in, but eventually will be looking at other options overall -- whether satellite or other.)
That's terrible @MinnieM123. You shouldn't have to experience that😒

Figgy1

Premium Member
That should be an interesting one, especially since Hugh is back. We know Voyager destroyed one of the Transwarp hubs in Endgame, which would have seriously hurt the Borg. They also killed the Queen (again). They could have recovered almost 20 years later. But then there's Hugh and that whole can of worms with forming his own collective, and now he's back.

Also, what about Q? Will he feature in this series? Is this all his mess?

I have many questions.
I must have a whole book of questions. BTW watched I Borg and Descent 1 & 2 as I haven't seen either in quite a while,

Figgy1

Premium Member
Wouldn't matter if you happen to have DirecTV, like I do. They suck. They cut CBS network programming for yet another (fabricated) dispute between the giant AT&T and CBS network tv. We're paying for this service and they blacked it out over the weekend (with minimal notice!) to 11 major cities, not just mine. :mad: (We do have an over the air antenna, and I can pull CBS in, but eventually will be looking at other options overall -- whether satellite or other.)
Good luck we now stream exactly what we want. You may want to see which ones suit your needs

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just looked at the new BOG menu. They took away the potato soup. Now you have options for the onion, like with cheese, without, with the crouton, without. 🙄 Bean Cassoulet instead of the quinoa salad. Not a fan of that. The dinner menu has paltry options. For the price you get charged, not worth it. Just my opinion.
When it opened it was amazing for both lunch and dinner and then it slid a bit but still very good for lunch but dinner was meh to say the least, now with the menu changes I'm in no rush to get back at all at any hour which is sad. BTW you could always do sans cheese &/or croutons

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Yep, no CBS for us this weekend either. We don’t watch much CBS but I won’t be able to watch Big Brother today. 😕

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom