The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ha! Thanks! I miss you too!

We’re on a sports break, kind of. T has had a few baseball practices preparing for tryouts..they’re letting him and a few other boys do a make up tryout. That’s it though! No formal games or other formal trainings.
He leaves on vacation later on today.. I’m leaving work soon to spend some time before he goes.

What’s new in your world and A’s world?

We had a moment you might actually appreciate. We were watching the tail end of the women's soccer world cup game, and my 4 year old who plays Soccer Shots at school spent the entire time yelling at the screen about what was and was not allowed in soccer. "you can't touch the ball with your hands, your hands are supposed to be asleep!!" and "you're supposed to block the goal!!"
:hilarious::hilarious:

21stamps

We had a moment you might actually appreciate. We were watching the tail end of the women's soccer world cup game, and my 4 year old who plays Soccer Shots at school spent the entire time yelling at the screen about what was and was not allowed in soccer. "you can't touch the ball with your hands, your hands are supposed to be asleep!!" and "you're supposed to block the goal!!"
:hilarious::hilarious:

Oh my gosh.. Love it!!!!! Is she enjoying it? Sounds like she’s paying attention!

21stamps

She did enjoy watching it, but we only tuned in for a half hour or so. She does really love playing soccer. And taking ballet classes. I hope her new school will have Soccer Shots.
Oh that’s so wonderful! I hope they have it too! Soccer Shots is a great program.

One thing my 4 year old niece always does, and what I wish I would have allowed Tristan to do.. is constantly have a soccer ball in a room. I always kept T’s in his ball box in the basement, unless we were playing in the yard.
My sister keeps my niece’s ball in an easily accessible spot.. she always has it at her feet, even when she comes over to my house. She watches a movie and is doing tic tocs and triangles, dribbles around the room, tries to copy moves while watching soccer on tv.
I didn’t think of stuff like that at the time of Tristan being 4.

StarWarsGirl

He did it again. His current selection...
View attachment 391366
Okay, so this is really evil. He started it again, so when he did, I started playing this...
Screenshot_2019-07-19-11-26-59.png

Then when I saw he'd turned if off, I selected another Echo in the house and then would play it on that. Then he'd stop it on that one, and I'd continue it on another, and so on until the song was done...

Figgy1

Premium Member
Appreciated.

As I look out for my kid, remember as you go to the pools to endure the heat waves the
lifeguards on their stands. In 100 plus temps and higher 'feel likes' they are sweltering.

And The managers like my DD at her 2nd job runs from one whistle to the other. Appreciate the staff in this weather. Watch you children. Lifeguards are there for emergencies not Baby Sitters. Watch your children. It is dangerous weather, get in the water with you kids. Try and be kind to those working without cooling off in the water. Say thank you.

They are young but are there to protect you and your families. They train from CPR to Spinal Backboard extractions. The pass the same test outs medical and school employees do. They are your families first respondents in an emergency Please don't take them for granted. Both of my kids can do CPR with the best of them, they are both certified trainers of instructors and trainers of lifeguards and Both can preform lung clearing and life support. Both have brought back life. They can maintain vitals until the paramedics arrive. Please watch your loved ones in the waters, a wish from all the lifeguards. 💞
We have 3 on duty so they can rotate into the A/C and all the soda they can drink for free. As for watching kids they make mine watch kids, free birth control:angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
We brought A to Disney when she was 2.75 years old. She still talks about things we saw and did on that trip, even remembers what shoes she wore to the pool. I've talked to coworkers who went when they were 14 or 17 or 22 and they remember almost nothing about their trips.

So I agree. Let them bask in the magic as small children. What they remember and don't remember as adults is completely up to chance, anyway.
James still remembers things from when he was very little and has forgotten things I thought he'd remember from 8-11 EDIT he remembers all things SWW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom