The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

The thing is that with me, I don't want to do it if I have to get a bag out to throw away. Girl who I used to cat sit for had something similar. Never drank, and it was so much easier to clean. Granted, she had one cat, not two, but my current setup is a nuisance.

I actually got the litter genie branded box. It has really high sides, which is good because I have the messiest cats ever. Litter everywhere because they can't seem to keep it in the box. They also pee entirely in one box and poop in the other. The boxes are next to each other, and because they also have no shame and will go in front of me, I've seen them pee in one and then step out to pee in the other. So the one that they pee in is always disgusting. This new no has handles so when we inevitably have to dump it, it should be easier.
Here’s a funny one for you. One of our cats things he is a dog and likes to pee on the dog potty training pads. We have 2 boxes in the garage, 1 in the basement, and 1 in the 2nd floor hall bath. They all have high sides, at least 12 inches and somehow they get litter on the floor. No idea how they do this.

Cesar R M

Over the weekend i fostered a stray kitten who followed someone i know home. He was underweight, covered in poop, had worms, and had at least twenty fleas we pulled off him. At first he was somewhat aggressive and hissed when i came near him. But then i gave him a can of wet food and he became the most snuggly cat ever met, and purred so long it kept him awake 😂😂

The rescue i work with found him transport to a cat rescue up in Akron and started medical treatment for him. He's going make someone a very lucky cat owner ❤❤

View attachment 390160View attachment 390161
dear god, that is adorable!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I only took one, and it's on my phone. From their FB page:
View attachment 390153

That's just the front part. If you followed the bar to the left, there's a side part with tables. They are "giving us" a table, meaning we can decorate on the wall next to the table however we want. They are talking about doing a "vinyl night" on Wednesdays, which is already BOGO night. We would lend a turntable and a few starter records, people can bring their own records to play on the turntable. Thinking about that.

The landlord thing: We've mostly had a decent relationship. I was their property manager for a few years. They have a history of playing hardball at first, but then coming around to see reason. I'm hoping for that. They've never "gone after" anyone who broke the lease while I was property manager, but it was never more than a few months before the end of the lease. (People would lose their deposits and just consider it rent.) I have 11 months left.

When they replaced me as prop manager (because I opened my second store and couldn't be on property as often) I had just signed a two year extension. I objected to that (as I'd no longer have the PM deduction) and they said I could break the lease if I wanted, and that the lease was more to protect me than them.

But several months ago, when I suggested shrinking the store (it's technically two units, so going from two to one) they balked. They wanted replacements before letting me out, and suggested the rent on the remaining unit would go up.

Recently, their realtor told me they had someone interested in one side, and as of today, that side will be empty. On Wednesday, he told me someone else was interested in the other side, but they wanted it August 1. I said let me try to figure out if I can get both sides cleared out by then - it would be a pretty huge task, and I had nowhere to go yet. (The place I was originally going to move to months ago couldn't wait any longer and took in a different tenant in the meantime.)

After signing with the new place on Friday, I immediately called the realtor to let him know I could be out by 8/15 at the latest, possibly 7/31, thinking that would be awesome (since he had a second interested party.) But he said, "Oh, that deal fell through." Then he got pretty surprisingly adversarial about it, saying, "Don't put me in the middle of this, Tony" and to talk to the landlords. (In the meantime, I told the property manager, since it was late on a Friday.)

I picked up the trailer and moved some stuff into the new location already that same night - to continue emptying the unit that needs to be empty today.

Other than sheer luck, there is no realistic way to perfectly time someone moving in, and moving an established record store out in the blink of an eye. There's going to be a gap. I have a feeling they're going to make me pay for the gap by keeping my deposit and/or last month's rent. (Considering I just put down another first, last, and security unexpectedly on Friday, I'm broke for the summer lol. And have to spend on labor and fixtures to get everything set up.)

This is a crazy timeframe, but I'd like to get out of the old place completely by 7/31, and at least soft opened in the new place before I leave for New Orleans (business trip) on 8/4. Yes, today is the 15th. LOL. Have to go down to the City and do all the paperwork this morning (licenses, etc.) and it looks like Wednesday will be a big moving day, moving hopefully about a third of the inventory - leaving the current store functional in the meantime.

That's the idea. I just did my June sales tax last night, so the numbers are fresh in my head. The old store took a dive from 2017 to 2018, beginning around March 2018, and averaging a 20-30% drop for most of the rest of the year. 2019 has seen an improvement (with effort) but usually not back up to 2017 levels.

Meanwhile the new store opened in late 2017. Both stores did great at the same time for months, so I did not think one was cannibalizing the other (they're 10 miles apart.) But to use June as an example: old store down about 32% from 2017 to 2018, up about 15% from 2018 to 2019 (so still below 2017.) Meanwhile, new store beat old store's 2017 in 2018, and grew a full 45% from 2018 to 2019. Old store hit the ceiling, new store is way better and still at the floor. **I need two of those** LOL.

I paid attention to what made the new store work better and tried to incorporate it into our "new old" location: relevant neighbors, big shared parking lot, more foot traffic, a big, open floor plan, expanding certain genres, etc.

Very, very good feeling about the new place. Getting it to work the way the previous new place does would change everything. Plus Brian's recent promotion, maybe in a year we could finally be "not struggling" as much.

Just trying not to lose +/- $3K on my way out the door. Or worse if they don't get tenants for a year. (New tenants are coming in several hundred dollars a month higher than what I was paying, so I don't see a downside for them. It's just a matter of if they want to be hard headed or not.)

No pressure.... :p

Seriously, I don't know how you manage to do so much!!! Hoping that something reasonably amicable can work out between you and your landlord. Now, as for clearing out by July 31 ... OMG ... only if you're Superman??!!! :jawdrop:

Really though, sending as much pixie dust as possible to help you through the next few frantic weeks.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I know this will not be popular, but, I think that as a society we way overdo the water thing. I have a theory that unless you measure urine output, and that would be gross, a lot of the excess water consumed just stays in our cells waiting for a time to be needed, but, since most of us don't live in a desert, we almost never use it up. And we maintain a whole lot more water weight.

I remember I was overweight when I joined the service. At the time they were desperate for new recruits, big war and all, so they had a program where you could join up, use up some of your in service time, becoming a lean mean fighting machine. It was called MREP, or Medical Remedial Enlistment Program. What they did was eliminate the need for will power in the weight loss process. It consisted of 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon of an intense non stop series of military exercises done in maddening sequence followed by a brisk 1/4 mile run in combat boots, over and over and over again for those three hour intervals. We existed on around 1000 calories per day, one canteen of pee warm water per day, ending with a weigh in and then out to practice marching and the other details of military life. All done during the balmy summer months in Amarillo, Texas. Anyway I told you all that to tell you that my first day I lost 26 pounds. As they explained to me was all water weight. In 7 weeks I lost 89 pounds. I'm starting to be winded just typing this out. The good part is that I never really put more then 10 pounds on for over three years, then I got stationed 20 miles from home and spent most of my off duty there, including nights. Big mistake.

Wow! That was interesting. You always have such good stories!! :joyfull:

As for moi, it was my urologist that pushed the water, as I was very prone to UTIs. And, I was developing allergies to some major antibiotics--due to multiple prescriptions for these--down through the years. So as an important preventative measure, I follow his suggested routine daily. It has been extremely helpful to me.

Now as for lubricating (shoulders, hips, knees, etc.) joints, many medical people agree on that one, too. From what I was told recently, it is more important for older people to up their water (or liquid, fruit, milk, juice, soy milk -- whatever, etc.) intake specifically for this reason.

It may be that individual results vary on all the above, so I can only attest what has worked for me. :happy:

MySmallWorldof4

Yep! I'm not even going on the site at all. People keep messaging me about what deals did I find and I'm over here a peasant who needs to pay bills and save for Disney, LOL
I had to use it, but not for any deals today. My supermarket didn't carry some items I needed and so I had to use Amazon today. Sadly none of the items I needed were discounted, and Prime is somehow delivering only Thursday instead of the usual 2 day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hubs is a Prime member so if I need to order things that aren't for him (like presents) so I perused the deals today. I didn't find anything I needed in particular but I did find something for hubs to get for church, dodge balls. The gatorskin kind which are soft plastic not hard rubber like this kid growing up in the 80's had to endure. So why does a church need dodge balls? They are for youth events like lock-ins and games during that time. He always borrows the dodge balls from our middle school PE teacher and she is fine with lending them to him but hubs has wanted to get some for the church but they are kind of expensive, so today he got two orders (each order was 6 balls) for basically the cost of one! Pretty rad!

Rista1313

Hubs is a Prime member so if I need to order things that aren't for him (like presents) so I perused the deals today. I didn't find anything I needed in particular but I did find something for hubs to get for church, dodge balls. The gatorskin kind which are soft plastic not hard rubber like this kid growing up in the 80's had to endure. So why does a church need dodge balls? They are for youth events like lock-ins and games during that time. He always borrows the dodge balls from our middle school PE teacher and she is fine with lending them to him but hubs has wanted to get some for the church but they are kind of expensive, so today he got two orders (each order was 6 balls) for basically the cost of one! Pretty rad!

I'm sure he will totally appreciate that!

Rista1313

Playing amateur sleuth tonight. Hubby and I found some keys and I had posted them on the neighborhood board but no one came forward... luckily she had a library key fob attached... I was able to go to the library... they gave me her name... and she kinda slipped out the street... and google did the rest... of course they weren't home, and I had no pen in the car (must remedy that) came back home because it's only a few blocks away... wrote 2 notes.. one for each door... letting them know I think I have their keys and left my phone number. I wouldn't really bother, but key fobs to cars are SO expensive to replace these days, that I would want someone to track me down if I lost mine!

MySmallWorldof4

Playing amateur sleuth tonight. Hubby and I found some keys and I had posted them on the neighborhood board but no one came forward... luckily she had a library key fob attached... I was able to go to the library... they gave me her name... and she kinda slipped out the street... and google did the rest... of course they weren't home, and I had no pen in the car (must remedy that) came back home because it's only a few blocks away... wrote 2 notes.. one for each door... letting them know I think I have their keys and left my phone number. I wouldn't really bother, but key fobs to cars are SO expensive to replace these days, that I would want someone to track me down if I lost mine!
That was really nice of you to go through all that effort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom