The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

My sons girlfriend of many many years wanted them to get like coordinating tattoos. She suggested Mickey & Minnie or something similar. He was like No! She honestly was shocked he didn't want a tattoo and that his No was firm. She even tried to convenience me to help her. While is a liberal young man he is very conservative.
My kids may be brainwashed at this point. None will even do the kiddie temporary tattoos.

MySmallWorldof4

Songbird76

That's the way my parents are. No one in my family over the age of 40 has tattoos. I personally don't like the look of most of them. With the exception of one of my team members. She has a tattoo of a puzzle piece with her daughter's initials on her wrist. It's meant to be an autism advocacy thing since her daughter is on the spectrum (every child is a piece of the autism puzzle). I think it's tasteful. But again, not something I'd choose for myself.
That's interesting that that's the puzzle piece meaning there. It's different here. Over here, it's that kids with autism don't see the whole picture in the way we do....it's fragmented, like a puzzle that's not completely put together, and they have to put it together correctly before they can make sense of the picture. One of the things we learned in the classes is that sometimes, you might call your child's name and it takes a while for him to answer, because he needs time to "puzzle" first and realize you are waiting for a reaction. They call it "puzzle time"....the time needed to put the pieces together in the right way to understand the complete picture. So you think they aren't listening or paying attention, but then suddenly it clicks and they answer you.
It's really kind of interesting that the puzzle piece is pretty well known, but that it has different meanings to different people.

Songbird76

I'm not familiar with the celebrity in the photos. Are you sure if the weight loss for a role? Even if it was, it appears as though it took her a few years to drop the weight, so nothing sudden. Seems like she lost it in a safe manner.
It's Melissa McCarthy (Gilmore Girls, Bridesmaids, SNL....she was the one who played Sean Spicer) and she's gone up and down a lot in weight over the years. She actually started her own clothing line, from what I understand, because she was tired of having no options as a bigger woman in Hollywood. There was nothing flattering for her, so she started designing her own.

21stamps

Whoa! That is nuts!

Right!!!!

I was just reading about the tattoos, I have one on my shoulder blade. It's the globe and around it are important landmarks from my life. Like the Golden Gate Bridge, an image from the Efteling and from the Magic Kingdom. It's a work in process that sort of tells the story of my life.

That sounds really neat!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom