The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Awesome!!!!! :hungry:
At least the ambulance is already there for the coronary...!!!!! :hilarious:;)

View attachment 373023

What made the whole scene oddly amusing, was that when I was walking toward the small restaurant, I saw 4 ambulances out front -- and I initially thought (for a few moments) there must be a medical crisis inside. But soon after, I realized that all the flashing lights were turned off the ambulances, and they were only parked there.

Walked in, and noticed a few tables of ambulance drivers wolfing down delicious roast beast! :joyfull: Again, the rest of the patrons were all guys, too -- beef must be a man magnet. :p Men inside, men outside in cars and trucks of all sizes, all enjoying lunch. (I'll have to get the word out to my single gal friends, that if they're looking for a man, they should stop by there during lunch time!) :hilarious:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm getting so frustrated with this Disney planning!! I got mine paid off, at least, but I tried to go ahead and make a payment on my brother's because he hadn't gotten back to me. BUT, because of the new privacy laws, I can't even make a payment without the permission of the person who is listed as the head person on the reservation, even though I made the reservation and I paid the deposit, and I used my address and email and everything. My brother has to give me permission to make a payment...like....who is going to turn that down? "NOOOO! PLEASE don't let anyone pay for my vacation!"
So I let my brother know that the balance is due next week, and I need to do it in smaller increments because of the limit on my card, so I need him to give permission, OR handle the payments himself. And that I will also need permission from his BIL for their reservation, which I also made with my address, etc. And I told him that I needed to know if they needed to cancel anyone so I didn't get charged a penalty. So he messaged me back that his in-laws aren't coming. His FIL couldn't get time off, and my bro and the in-laws are in the process of buying a restaurant and will need to be there, so he and his husband will bring my niece, and his in-laws will stay and take care of the restaurant.

On the one hand, it makes it easier to use the DAS pass, because then there are only 7 of us and I don't do coasters, so things like 7DMT he can take them all if I can't score fastpasses. But, now how am I supposed to cancel the one reservation without permission from the lead guest? So now I have to hope my brother gets him to call Disney to cancel the reservation.

If I ever get a crazy urge to plan a huge family vacation with my brother's family again, shoot me please.

As the expression goes, "live and learn". Sorry you ended up doing to much planning for so many, only to have people drop out (for the most part). Maybe now just focus on your own family's plans, and look forward to a happy vacation.

Goofyernmost

I agree... most of the time I never go in there, but twice this month I've needed to, to withdrawal larger sums of cash. Been a member with the credit union for 30 years. They are suppose to charge me $5 if I go inside for a transaction, but they never do...
My CU has an almost completely automated lobby. There are actual humans there in the event you need help or want a loan, but, even the ATM's line a wall there like voting booths with screens, (except not connected to Moscow), you are actually dealing with a human, but, not in person. They project onto the screen just like you were with a person. It is real time except the actual humans are in a different location. I found it novel. Automation combined with humans seems like a seamless alternative.

It does make it much harder to rob the place though. You point a gun and say "give me all your dough" and they just stick their tongue out at you and laugh.

Goofyernmost

Nope -- don't have any near us, and actually, I've never been to one anywhere.
You've really missed nothing. They do some good stuff with charities from time to time, but, are, in my opinion, on the wrong side of history when it comes to political stand. You can also bet that as soon as the last of the original owners goes on to the big chicken farm in the sky, they will be open on Sundays. Oh, yea... their chicken is OK, not the greatest and their only real culinary offering would be waffle fries. I have a grandson that works at one of our local Chicken pens. We seem to have one on about every corner around here.

Songbird76

You've really missed nothing. They do some good stuff with charities from time to time, but, are, in my opinion, on the wrong side of history when it comes to political stand. You can also bet that as soon as the last of the original owners goes on to the big chicken farm in the sky, they will be open on Sundays. Oh, yea... their chicken is OK, not the greatest and their only real culinary offering would be waffle fries. I have a grandson that works at one of our local Chicken pens. We seem to have one on about every corner around here.
I never really understood the hype of Chick-fil-A. I remember when I was in high school and we were at a speech and debate tournament in the one place in Wyoming that had Chick-fil-A. We went there, and it was fine, but I definitely prefer KFC. Then again, I really don't like waffle fries. I think that's maybe the only time I ever ate at one. There may have been one other, but I don't remember for sure. It's that memorable. And now I wouldn't go there if I could, for personal reasons, but it helps that I don't particularly like the food there, so I don't feel like it's a sacrifice not to eat there.

93boomer

Premium Member
We got to the hotel at 4:30am. Not much traffic. We were lucky and were given a room right away. We crashed for 2 hours. We just finished breakfast. So far 6 people each getting food paid $37 in the foodcourt. That is with no sharing. They even had fresh veggie juice @figmentfan423. Carrot, mango, mint, ginger.
Glad you made it there safely! Take it slow today and rest some!😉

Goofyernmost

I never really understood the hype of Chick-fil-A. I remember when I was in high school and we were at a speech and debate tournament in the one place in Wyoming that had Chick-fil-A. We went there, and it was fine, but I definitely prefer KFC. Then again, I really don't like waffle fries. I think that's maybe the only time I ever ate at one. There may have been one other, but I don't remember for sure. It's that memorable. And now I wouldn't go there if I could, for personal reasons, but it helps that I don't particularly like the food there, so I don't feel like it's a sacrifice not to eat there.
Yea, you can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have been there. I only use it if it is convenient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom