The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
At least you haven't used the self cleaner to cook with. I once had a tenant that cooked a Christmas Turkey using the self cleaner. Two things about them, they run up to 500+ degrees and the door locks up until the cycle is done and it cools down enough to open it. They told me it cooked the bird perfectly. Sometimes ignorance is definitely bliss. I did tell them that could have easily burnt the place down, so please don't do that again.
Please don't give her any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donaldtoo

I think this guy is a finer example of why automation isnt always good.
vD3sOBl.jpg

Indeed, hahaaa...!!!
I remember Johnny Cab from “Total Recall”...!!!!! :hilarious:

wdwfan4ver

Disney is building all these hotels and rooms, where are these people going to go? The parks are crazy esp the MK. Though Epcot wasn't too bad.
Epcot not being too bad is not a shock right now. Epcot does not have their major announcements completed yet. The last major stuff Epcot completed with the change for Mission Space: Green Team and Soarin' around the World.

I'm sure Guardians of the Galaxy coaster and the Ratatouille ride in France pavilion would be drawing some crowds into Epcot once they are completed.

donaldtoo

That's great that you can do the brakes yourself. Hubs does probably 60% of all the mechanical repairs on our car, but will take it to our (trusted) mechanic for other things. It's really good that hubs has mechanical training (from years ago--had some sort of certification from a community college in Colorado).

Funny thing is that sometimes he'll diagnose a problem quicker than our own mechanic can. But hubs will pay him do the work, if it's something that has to be done up on a lift (which we obviously don't have), or if he doesn't have the right tools. There's also a few specific repairs that he just doesn't like to do, so he'll pay the mechanic to do those. But overall, he's saved us thousands of dollars over the years, because he can fix many things himself. :)

The front end work (late last year) had to do with a (rod?) that was ready to break (or something like that). He let the mechanic do that one, and do the (worn down) brakes at the same time. I will say that the car handled much better after that particular (rod, or whatever it was) replacement. (He had suspected that the car had been in some sort of accident, prior to when we bought it, used.)

Yep, and I don’t mind doing the brakes. As I posted, I haven’t payed for a set of brake pads in ages because AutoZone warranties them for the life of the car, and we tend to drive our cars ‘til they drop...!!!!! :hilarious:
Although it does require a bit of time, they’re simple enough to replace. I just need a hydraulic floor jack, a coupla’ jack stands, and after I remove the wheels I place them on their sides on the sides of the vehicle just behind the wheel wells for added safety.
Never had any formal training when it comes to auto repair, just mostly learned what I know from my pop and workin’ with friends on our cars.

I’ve also gone to the mechanic many times and mentioned to them what I thought the problem was, and that’s what it turned out to be. It just comes with years of experience.
When your car is stone cold dead and the motor won’t even turn over, you don’t assume you need a new car... ;) You start by checkin’ to see if the battery terminals and/or connectors are corroded/loose and then progress to the next most logical/more expensive thing, on up ‘til you find the problem. :geek:

I’ve probably posted most, if not all :hilarious:;), of this before...
The most involved auto work I ever did was help with rebuilding the engine of my youngest brothers ‘73 Pontiac LeMans. Great learning experience, but, one and done on that...!!! ;)
Next most fun was replacing the clutch on my buddies ‘75 Datsun (now Nissan) B-210, which, of course, involved dropping (removing) the transmission.
Next most fun after that was replacing a water pump on my BILs ‘81 Chevy Chevette...had to remove the timing cover and belt for that one which added extra time and tedium.
Beyond that, more water pumps, fuel pumps (when they were still mechanical and mounted on the engine block - not the electric ones mounted in the fuel tank these days), starters, etc.
I once replaced an upper radiator hose in a 7-Eleven parking lot with only a dime to use as a screwdriver...NO JOKE...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
I noticed steam coming out from under the hood in my ‘71 Cutlass and pulled over into the 7-Eleven. When I popped the hood I could see the steam coming from a small crack in the hose. Then, when I looked over the hood I noticed an auto parts store directly across the street...!!! :) I went to the trunk of my car after purchasing the hose to get a flat blade screwdriver and realized I had taken my tools out to work on something else and never put them back in the car...!!!!! :facepalm::hilarious:
Found one thin dime in my pocket, and that was enough to do the trick with tightening the hose clamps...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:;):)
But, yes, these days we pay mechanics to do most of those types of repairs...!!! :bored:;):)

BTW...
The rod sounds like a tie rod. It’s a steering-related component...!!! :)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Probably the time of year. It was summer and the walls are thin there. We heard all our neighbors talking in their rooms.
POR and POFQ are our favs. They are so much quieter. No thin walls either!😉

‘07 and ‘13 were summer trips, and no noise issues at ASMusic.
Then again, we pretty much only ever used the Calypso family suite rooms to crash and clean up, and were probably so tired from Park Commandoing from way early ‘til way late that a freight train passing through the middle of the resort wouldnt have fazed us...!!!!! :hilarious:

Have only stayed at POR twice, but, loved it both times...need to get back there soon-ish...!!! ;):)

donaldtoo

Quickie mini-rant: Want to scream at all these financial companies (banks, investment companies, etc.) that want you, the customer, to create an online account. Problem is, I always have trouble with those--no matter how I try to understand how to get into an account, it will always reject me. I write down the stupid passwords, etc. but nothing works. Then my account gets locked. So I'll call the "customer service" line and they'll ask me for something called a phone pin. Heard of those in the past but they keep changing those, too. Losing my mind here . .. :banghead:

“It’s all for your security, valued customer. We certainly may not know if the you you are claiming to be is actually you, and we’re not even sure if you know who you are. Please hold and a representative will be with you shortly to verify that you are really you, and we’re really us...hopefully...
Thank you for your kind patience...!!! 🤡

Rinse, repeat, and gag... :depressed::bored::cyclops:

donaldtoo

Day 3 of staycation. Took a nice long walk in a nature area this morning. Then I stopped in to a roast beef place (a small place that's been around since the 60's--and none of the decor looks like it's ever been changed :p. I like this little restaurant because the roast beef sandwiches are awesome. I also observed that guys really like roast beef. I was the only chick in there -- and about 20 guys! :hilarious: (Ambulance drivers in particular seem to flock to this place.)

Awesome!!!!! :hungry:
At least the ambulance is already there for the coronary...!!!!! :hilarious:;)

FA789125-3039-482C-BF43-86A8E7DD0222.jpeg

Rista1313

Wait a minute! They charge you $5 to walk in there? Must be serving more than coffee and lollipops--maybe sandwiches and chips? :geek:

They have several different "packages" I guess I would call them... I have the "online" package which means I do most of my banking online or with ATMs... but if I need to go in the bank, I can. Technically I'm suppose to pay a $5 fee. I think I've only seen lollipops.

Songbird76

I'm getting so frustrated with this Disney planning!! I got mine paid off, at least, but I tried to go ahead and make a payment on my brother's because he hadn't gotten back to me. BUT, because of the new privacy laws, I can't even make a payment without the permission of the person who is listed as the head person on the reservation, even though I made the reservation and I paid the deposit, and I used my address and email and everything. My brother has to give me permission to make a payment...like....who is going to turn that down? "NOOOO! PLEASE don't let anyone pay for my vacation!"
So I let my brother know that the balance is due next week, and I need to do it in smaller increments because of the limit on my card, so I need him to give permission, OR handle the payments himself. And that I will also need permission from his BIL for their reservation, which I also made with my address, etc. And I told him that I needed to know if they needed to cancel anyone so I didn't get charged a penalty. So he messaged me back that his in-laws aren't coming. His FIL couldn't get time off, and my bro and the in-laws are in the process of buying a restaurant and will need to be there, so he and his husband will bring my niece, and his in-laws will stay and take care of the restaurant.

On the one hand, it makes it easier to use the DAS pass, because then there are only 7 of us and I don't do coasters, so things like 7DMT he can take them all if I can't score fastpasses. But, now how am I supposed to cancel the one reservation without permission from the lead guest? So now I have to hope my brother gets him to call Disney to cancel the reservation.

If I ever get a crazy urge to plan a huge family vacation with my brother's family again, shoot me please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom