The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

It does prevent people from getting in to debt. I actually like the Dutch system a lot better than the US or UK one. I get upset about those buy now, pay later offers as I feel it is very irresponsible to encourage people to take on debt. People should be taught to save for what they want before buying it and not waste money on interest payments.
True, but then if something breaks...like your washing machine, or something on your car, and you don't have the money in your account to pay for it, you have a problem. Who can wait 3 months to save up enough money to pay for a car repair?

12in12

True, but then if something breaks...like your washing machine, or something on your car, and you don't have the money in your account to pay for it, you have a problem. Who can wait 3 months to save up enough money to pay for a car repair?
That's why you should have some savings...
I grew up pretty poor so some months my mum had to use her overdraft on her bank account if something broke etc.and there was not enough money to pay for it. That's still available to lots of people today. I understand sometimes unexpected things happen and people might need to borrow to cover the cost. My real issue is with people being enticed to borrow usually on luxury items they don't really need.

Goofyernmost

We were pretty poor and rice was a staple in our house. My mom would cook a pot every night for dinner, and then the next morning she'd heat it up and we'd eat it like cereal. So yes, close relative to rice pudding in taste, but more like cereal. Rice pudding is creamy and sticky.
Rice gets such a bad rap (carb haters, I'm talking to you) when it has been so instrumental in the survival of so many cultures and economic standings. They all lived just as long as the rest of humanity. In your case they were more like Cinnamon Rice Crispies? 🤔:)

StarWarsGirl

She was too scared last year to do the Haunted Mansion. So ToT might be pushing it.
Yeah, it's definitely not a kid ride. Pretty much every kid I see get on it under age five comes off crying. My parents used to have a rule where we rode everything once a trip. They waived that rule for ToT with my brother. I could be bribed to do it. I was about eight when I decided I liked it.

Safari takes you in trucks across unpaved roads and has no seatbelts. It stops periodically and doesn't go more than about 5 mph, but it can be tough. If you can ride in a truck across an unpaved road, you can do it, but I've come up off of the seat on that one and slammed back down pretty hard.

21stamps

Volleyball is a mess. All but two of the kids are in multiple sports. We have TWO games this weekend yet have only had one practice.. the boys have never played volleyball before. 😬
4 of the players on the team are also on my indoor soccer team, our last games are this weekend and none of us could make volleyball practice tomorrow.

The coach sounds understandably frustrated.

MouseDreaming

Volleyball is a mess. All but two of the kids are in multiple sports. We have TWO games this weekend yet have only had one practice.. the boys have never played volleyball before. 😬
4 of the players on the team are also on my indoor soccer team, our last games are this weekend and none of us could make volleyball practice tomorrow.

The coach sounds understandably frustrated.

View attachment 358204View attachment 358203
Maybe instead of coming across so snarky, he could have said, "As you know, we haven't had much practice going into these games. Please watch (there must be something on YouTube with volleyball basics, so they at least know the rules).

And while it is great he is trying to get the schedules together, shouldn't he have done this a while ago? He knew kids were doing other sports, and was ok with it, right? What is the surprise?

MySmallWorldof4

No Safari?? I've only been on once but it felt similar to the swaying of a camel. I could be remembering it incorrectly though.... or maybe it's not normally a smooth ride?

I doubt she has time for it, but if she did.... I would love to know which rides she did and which ones she didn't!

I think right now I'm just trying to figure out which ones are a possibility. I have a spreadsheet with Yes, Maybe, and All The Nope. The maybe rides don't have to be this visit. Just trying to figure out which ones are doable and which ones are not
She said she did all the simulator rides at Uni. She didn't do FoP because it was their first time and they new nothing about anything. She didn't ask me for advice prior. It was a last minute trip. She just said she didn't do any coasters or anything that would jolt her head. I asked her about splash and she said no.

MySmallWorldof4

Rice gets such a bad rap (carb haters, I'm talking to you) when it has been so instrumental in the survival of so many cultures and economic standings. They all lived just as long as the rest of humanity. In your case they were more like Cinnamon Rice Crispies? 🤔:)
I love rice. I usually have brown rice a few times a week. It is definitely a good base for inexpensive meals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom