The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I'm now at 910am... getting there!

ps. I rewatched the FOP video and read some comments... everyone agrees with my memory.. very smooth.

That's definitely closer!!
They were made for what was my dads favorite evening snack. Crackers in Milk. Just like cereal, but, cheaper. Actually I used to eat it with him and I loved it. Still do, but, I very seldom eat any of it now. I would but I don't want to throw away that many calories. Sometimes when I am feeling very depressed, it is a handy comfort food.

My mom used to make homemade bread, and we'd put slices of it in the oven to brown it really crispy. Then break them apart and put them in a bowl with milk and cinnamon and sugar. It was a staple for us growing up. We also ate rice like that.

Rista1313

My mom used to make homemade bread, and we'd put slices of it in the oven to brown it really crispy. Then break them apart and put them in a bowl with milk and cinnamon and sugar. It was a staple for us growing up. We also ate rice like that.

You brought back a memory for me... I slightly remember eating rice with cinnamon and sugar sometimes... I also remember eating white bread with butter and white sugar.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
BTMRR - This one is interesting. It's rough in WDW, but smooth in DL. The track out there was completely replaced a few years ago. If I were you, I'd save it for DL.
Splash Mountain - It's a boat ride. Slow moving with drops.
HM - I can nap on that thing
TT - They took the bumpy section out when they updated it. Like riding in a car basically.
TofT - It does drop faster than the speed of gravity, but it doesn't jerk your neck. You might want to wait on it; it's pretty scary. I was older than A when I first rode it and got off crying.
FoP - So I am a bit biassed on this one in that I hate it. It does jerk suddenly. I get horribly motion sick on it.
Kali - It's smooth, but don't bother. It's boring and you get soaked.
Dinosaur - Jerky on purpose. Don't do it.

She was too scared last year to do the Haunted Mansion. So ToT might be pushing it.

Goofyernmost

Rice like that would be a close relative to Rice Pudding wouldn't it?

Goofyernmost

She was too scared last year to do the Haunted Mansion. So ToT might be pushing it.
I think I told this story before, but, it has never bothered me to bore people before so I see no reason to stop now. Anyway, on our first trip my youngest was just 6 years old. We went on anything we had time to do** and I never heard a peep out of her. What we did see included Haunted Mansion. Jump ahead two years and we are making another trip down to WDW. By then she is an "all grown up" 8 year old. Trying to plan a little now that I was a veteran of WDW, I asked everyone if there was anything new that they really wanted to see. She told me the Haunted Mansion. OK, I replied, but, we have already seen that. She said I know we went there but I had my eyes closed all the way through so I never really saw any of it. Kids... ya gotta love 'um!
We only had four days and included in that was also a brand new EPCOT Ctr., Sea World and the Kennedy Space Center. We covered EPCOT and Kennedy Space on the same day. After spending over an hour standing outside in the sun waiting to see Imagination, imagine our surprise (tee hee) when all that was available was the 3D movie, so we all agreed to give EPCOT a try on the next trip. So we left and headed to Cape Canaveral. Rather tight schedule.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I went one year post car accident. I had a pretty bad neck sprain and whiplash. The ones I couldn't do were Barnstormer, BTM, Space, Safari, and Dinosaur. Everything else was fine. Splash the solution is to duck and brace with your hands. Didn't have an issue on that one. That's terrible with your daughter on ToT; I remember it being fine.

TT should be fine as long as she's sitting on the ends with the shoulder belt.

RnRC I was fine on, but if you don't know how to hold your neck properly, you can get banged up on that one.

No Safari?? I've only been on once but it felt similar to the swaying of a camel. I could be remembering it incorrectly though.... or maybe it's not normally a smooth ride?

@dryerlintfan I know a parent here at the gym who has her neck actually fused because of a condition she has. She said she could do all the simulator rides at Uni without a problem because there was no jerking movements. She did no coasters at Disney. If any sort of whiplash motion was a possibilty she did not do it.

I doubt she has time for it, but if she did.... I would love to know which rides she did and which ones she didn't!

Yes, FOP is smooth. @dryerlintfan . I don't know if that ride is for little kids, though. It's not just the height thing, but I think the imagery is a big too much for a young child. (Did you want to ride it by yourself, perhaps?)

I think right now I'm just trying to figure out which ones are a possibility. I have a spreadsheet with Yes, Maybe, and All The Nope. The maybe rides don't have to be this visit. Just trying to figure out which ones are doable and which ones are not

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Rice like that would be a close relative to Rice Pudding wouldn't it?

We were pretty poor and rice was a staple in our house. My mom would cook a pot every night for dinner, and then the next morning she'd heat it up and we'd eat it like cereal. So yes, close relative to rice pudding in taste, but more like cereal. Rice pudding is creamy and sticky.

12in12

Most places over here won't accept credit cards....only debit. So you have to use either cash or debit card. It's a pain sometimes when you need to buy something big. You can't buy it and make payments on it every month....you have to buy everything outright.
It does prevent people from getting in to debt. I actually like the Dutch system a lot better than the US or UK one. I get upset about those buy now, pay later offers as I feel it is very irresponsible to encourage people to take on debt. People should be taught to save for what they want before buying it and not waste money on interest payments.

12in12

Thanks.
I'm going to see if I an get a temporal job somewhere with a decent salary just to establish myself while I keep trying elsewhere.
I'm unsure about that. This is the only company that they use to hire nationals of my country to cruise companies.
As for Canadian jobs, I have been applying to a few jobs in Canada using online resources.
It would help me more if I had more contacts with people who know people who are in management. Because not many companies are keen to try "untested" people like me.
What position are you looking for? I'm sorry if you have mentioned what you do before but I missed it.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I'm guessing they don't announce anything for WDW until DL opens and they see how it goes.

Some post I read somewhere had a girl who doesn't normally do Disney write a blog about how she was able to ride something (FoP??) a bunch of times in a row, and that there would be an announcement of how she did that and how it relates to SW:GE coming out in April/May. I don't know either way.

But I've left my schedule open just in case something doable opens up and we're able to actually visit and enjoy the new land. I was going to avoid TSL when I went last time because it was new (and yes I know SW is a different level), but I'm glad we didn't avoid it. It was adorable and fun and the crowds were manageable. So here's to hoping!

Rista1313

Some post I read somewhere had a girl who doesn't normally do Disney write a blog about how she was able to ride something (FoP??) a bunch of times in a row, and that there would be an announcement of how she did that and how it relates to SW:GE coming out in April/May. I don't know either way.

But I've left my schedule open just in case something doable opens up and we're able to actually visit and enjoy the new land. I was going to avoid TSL when I went last time because it was new (and yes I know SW is a different level), but I'm glad we didn't avoid it. It was adorable and fun and the crowds were manageable. So here's to hoping!

That new ride for SW looks bumpy, so I don't think my hubby could do it with his back. We definitely want to try to do SDD this trip. The coaster looks pretty smooth... and although I'm not a coaster fan... this one doesn't look too crazy. I just love 7dmt... that one is smooth too, hubby said it hurt his back too, but he liked it anyhow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom