The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ugh.. I'm working at home... we got a bunch of freezing rain and snow and the roads are crappy... glad I decided to bring my laptop home.
Your trip is looking more bleak by the day =( Sorry Friend!

Sorry your roads were crappy, but at least you are safe at home. We were actually told yesterday that so far the make up days with students are planned for a day that was going to be teacher in-service and a day that was going to be parent-teacher conferences during the day (still conferences will be at night). So maybe my trip will be okay, this snow just needs to STOP! We have enough already. But I have come to terms that if I have to give it up I will be okay.

I guess on the bright side, looks like hubs and I will finally be able to use the snowshoes we bought finally.

Rista1313

Sorry your roads were crappy, but at least you are safe at home. We were actually told yesterday that so far the make up days with students are planned for a day that was going to be teacher in-service and a day that was going to be parent-teacher conferences during the day (still conferences will be at night). So maybe my trip will be okay, this snow just needs to STOP! We have enough already. But I have come to terms that if I have to give it up I will be okay.

I guess on the bright side, looks like hubs and I will finally be able to use the snowshoes we bought finally.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

my hubby keeps talking about snow shoes.... you'll have to let me know what you think.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

my hubby keeps talking about snow shoes.... you'll have to let me know what you think.

We went snow shoeing for the first time last year and I really liked it. My husband wasn't as thrilled but was willing to purchase some with me so we could go together. But I'll let you know how it goes when we take these snow shoes for a spin on a trail, hopefully on Saturday.

Rista1313

We went snow shoeing for the first time last year and I really liked it. My husband wasn't as thrilled but was willing to purchase some with me so we could go together. But I'll let you know how it goes when we take these snow shoes for a spin on a trail, hopefully on Saturday.

DId you get poles too? Hubby has his cane, so I think we would have to get him poles to stay upright.

MouseDreaming

Good Morning! Ice over here, still. And a school district that will not delay start. That means I got to skate the car to the high school, where the highest concentration of inexperienced drivers are. I have never seen the roads this bad. I am really surprised the schools didn't call for another snow day, as it is still precipitating.

I did giggle a bit at the kid trying to get through the parking lot with slides on his feet.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
DId you get poles too? Hubby has his cane, so I think we would have to get him poles to stay upright.

Yes we got poles as well, it helps with stability. Have you been snow shoeing before? Is there anywhere around you that rents snow shoes or does some one you know have them? Sometimes ski places or large parks that have trails might rent them, the Arboretum near us rents them out. It might be a good idea to try it out before investing in them. We got our snow shoes on a black friday deal, they were supposed to be $120 and we got them for $50. There are sets on Walmart.com and other places that are regularly $50-$70 and we looked at those but then this deal came up.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good Morning! Ice over here, still. And a school district that will not delay start. That means I got to skate the car to the high school, where the highest concentration of inexperienced drivers are. I have never seen the roads this bad. I am really surprised the schools didn't call for another snow day, as it is still precipitating.

I did giggle a bit at the kid trying to get through the parking lot with slides on his feet.

Ugh, ice is worse than snow. Stay safe.

Rista1313

Yes we got poles as well, it helps with stability. Have you been snow shoeing before? Is there anywhere around you that rents snow shoes or does some one you know have them? Sometimes ski places or large parks that have trails might rent them, the Arboretum near us rents them out. It might be a good idea to try it out before investing in them. We got our snow shoes on a black friday deal, they were supposed to be $120 and we got them for $50. There are sets on Walmart.com and other places that are regularly $50-$70 and we looked at those but then this deal came up.

That's a good idea.. I'm sure there must be places around here that do that... I'll have to look into it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom