The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! That stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've run into people from Brazil and they've always been rather polite.
Huh...the ones we saw from Brazil didn't seem to understand queueing. Or waiting for an open table. When we went to WWoHP in 2010, my friend went to go save a table while I went to buy postcards and my husband was picking up butterbeers, and my friend is sitting at this table, saving it for us, when a group of Brazillians came up and just invaded the table. They didn't ask if the seats were free, or if she minded sharing the table with them, they just walked up and parked it at her table. She ended up waiting until another table opened up and went and sat there. But she had also worked as a CM at Disney for a few months, and she said that people from Brazil were notorious for line cutting, being rude, etc. They always traveled in larger groups and they would expect to get to go first on everything, so they'd just bypass a line and be like "We're with a tour." and just think that meant they got to cut in line, and wouldn't listen when CMs said they needed to get in line.

Songbird76

I forgot to post some pictures of fun Disney merch I saw this weekend. We didn't buy it, but it was cute. There was a Lady and the Tramp bathrobe, modeled by DD:

And then the same thing, but in Winnie the Pooh, which I thought @Tuvalu would love. You can't really see it, but the pockets are honey pots:

Next to that is a Marie poncho like the Stitch ones DD and I got for Christmas, that I still have the extra of and I'm planning to donate. They also have Minnie Mouse in the Poncho. So much cute stuff!! And I don't have a picture, but I got a fold up reusable shopping bag with Mickey Mouse all over it....I'll have to take a picture of it later.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Huh...the ones we saw from Brazil didn't seem to understand queueing. Or waiting for an open table. When we went to WWoHP in 2010, my friend went to go save a table while I went to buy postcards and my husband was picking up butterbeers, and my friend is sitting at this table, saving it for us, when a group of Brazillians came up and just invaded the table. They didn't ask if the seats were free, or if she minded sharing the table with them, they just walked up and parked it at her table. She ended up waiting until another table opened up and went and sat there. But she had also worked as a CM at Disney for a few months, and she said that people from Brazil were notorious for line cutting, being rude, etc. They always traveled in larger groups and they would expect to get to go first on everything, so they'd just bypass a line and be like "We're with a tour." and just think that meant they got to cut in line, and wouldn't listen when CMs said they needed to get in line.
I've usually just run into families and not the tour groups

Songbird76

So, this Friday, we have DS's final meeting where we get his advice for high school, and go through his report with his teacher, etc. They do a whole bunch of tests at his school for the 6th graders. They do an IQ test if one hasn't been done in the last 2 years, which DS had, so he didn't have to do another, and they do several other evaluations. We had to fill out a questionnaire, as did his teacher, and then DS had to fill out a couple about how he sees himself, etc. So we got all the results yesterday, as well as the results of the standard test they do twice a year to follow the progress of students all across the Netherlands. The scores go from I -V with I being the highest and V the lowest, and they show the graphics like this: (I cut his name out)

So his score is the black dot all the way in the upper right corner. The other black dot in the middle of the green shows where he was at this time last year. And the green field is a I score, and that faint white line there shows the range of a I score....So anything above that white line means you scored higher than a majority of the other kids who scored a I. They call that a I+. And the numbers on the side, it tells you the average number of correct answers kids had in each range. So the average for a I score was 48 correct....DS got 77!! I'm so so proud of him! And his Math score was RIGHT on the edge of the white line, so he just barely missed a I+ for math, but he got it for spelling and verb spelling.

A score of I in Math and reading comprehension (that's what this picture is...reading) means VWO level (the highest level of school, what DD does....a I+ just means you're in the upper end of that range) and a score of II in those two subjects is HAVO, III is VMBO-gt/MAVO, etc.... Unfortunately, special ed schools don't offer VWO level, so he'll get HAVO advice, but he can go on once he completes his 5 year HAVO program. It will just take a bit longer. But I'm so proud of how much he's learning, even though he has all the social stuff to learn, too.

But I just thought of this last night, too...DD's program is 6 years...so she has 5 years left after this school year. DS's program will be 5 years. I'm going to have 2 kids graduating high school in the same year!!:oops:

Sorry....had to be proud mama for a minute. You may now resume your regularly scheduled chit-chatting.

MySmallWorldof4

That is just wrong. I would have opened my mouth. I would have also found out what group they were with and complain to guest services.

Songbird76

That is just wrong. I would have opened my mouth. I would have also found out what group they were with and complain to guest services.
Well, I wasn't there when it happened, and since another table opened up, my friend didn't bother to complain. But she said that we came at exactly the wrong time of year because it was when those tour groups came by the bus load and her experience as a CM was that they were about the most entitled and rude guests there were. I think she said she tried to tell them the table was taken, but they pretended they didn't understand her, or they actually didn't understand her, so she just moved. My guess is that they were pretending not to understand...you can't walk up to a table where someone is already sitting and NOT understand that they are telling you the table is taken.
Over here, it's common to share tables with strangers, but you always ask first if the seats are free, and if you say no, people will move on. I'm betting this group had no intention of waiting for an open table, and figured they outnumbered her, so there wasn't much she could do.
But then, our experience at Casey's in DLP where the lady in line ahead of us got completely out of line and left, came back 5 minutes later and reclaimed her spot without asking, and then complained to a CM that the man in front of her cut in line and wouldn't give her spot back, which he had been ahead of us the whole time, so no way he could have cut her without cutting us first and he didn't. I tend to think a lot of people are dishonest and pretend not to understand so they can get ahead. In the end, the guy said he didn't believe he had cut, but by all means, if it was that important to her, he wasn't going to create a scene at Disney, and she could go ahead of him. :rolleyes: He was very nice and was just boggled as to what she was trying to pull as he had been there the whole time and she had left!
Or the lady in the Denver Airport line for security who cut in front of us as the line was moving forward, and then when we took our place back, she treated her 10 year old daughter to a lecture about Satan's minions and how we were going to pergatory because we were cheaters and liars, and we were evil, sent to spread discord, and that THEY were GOOD people and would just turn the other cheek to us evil folk, etc. 30 minutes, she went on, trying to shame us into letting her in front of us, by telling her daughter how horrible we were and how good THEY were. It was hard to keep my mouth shut that time, but I figured it wouldn't do any good and I didn't want to get banned from the airport or our flight.
Some people are just like that.

Rista1313

So, this Friday, we have DS's final meeting where we get his advice for high school, and go through his report with his teacher, etc. They do a whole bunch of tests at his school for the 6th graders. They do an IQ test if one hasn't been done in the last 2 years, which DS had, so he didn't have to do another, and they do several other evaluations. We had to fill out a questionnaire, as did his teacher, and then DS had to fill out a couple about how he sees himself, etc. So we got all the results yesterday, as well as the results of the standard test they do twice a year to follow the progress of students all across the Netherlands. The scores go from I -V with I being the highest and V the lowest, and they show the graphics like this: (I cut his name out)

View attachment 349399

So his score is the black dot all the way in the upper right corner. The other black dot in the middle of the green shows where he was at this time last year. And the green field is a I score, and that faint white line there shows the range of a I score....So anything above that white line means you scored higher than a majority of the other kids who scored a I. They call that a I+. And the numbers on the side, it tells you the average number of correct answers kids had in each range. So the average for a I score was 48 correct....DS got 77!! I'm so so proud of him! And his Math score was RIGHT on the edge of the white line, so he just barely missed a I+ for math, but he got it for spelling and verb spelling.

A score of I in Math and reading comprehension (that's what this picture is...reading) means VWO level (the highest level of school, what DD does....a I+ just means you're in the upper end of that range) and a score of II in those two subjects is HAVO, III is VMBO-gt/MAVO, etc.... Unfortunately, special ed schools don't offer VWO level, so he'll get HAVO advice, but he can go on once he completes his 5 year HAVO program. It will just take a bit longer. But I'm so proud of how much he's learning, even though he has all the social stuff to learn, too.

But I just thought of this last night, too...DD's program is 6 years...so she has 5 years left after this school year. DS's program will be 5 years. I'm going to have 2 kids graduating high school in the same year!!:oops:

Sorry....had to be proud mama for a minute. You may now resume your regularly scheduled chit-chatting.

I'm not sure what that all means, but it sounds great! Congrats!

StarWarsGirl

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! That stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've run into people from Brazil and they've always been rather polite.
I've run into people from Spanish speaking countries (Argentina mostly) who've been more polite and appreciate when you're trying to speak their language. I'm thinking @Cesar R M was right and this group was from Miami. They also brought their own food, which I thought was strange.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hmmm why don't they wait until tomorrow morning to see if storm actually comes into fruition!
It's coming, we're just waiting to hear how bad it will be:mad: As of now it's going to be 8+ plus ice on top of the snow. The best case will be all snow meaning over a foot, worst case 4 inches and major icing:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rista1313

It's coming, we're just waiting to hear how bad it will be:mad: As of now it's going to be 8+ plus ice on top of the snow. The best case will be all snow meaning over a foot, worst case 4 inches and major icing:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I forget where you live... I hope you don't send that to Michigan. We are suppose to get something tonight/tomorrow.. but I haven't heard it being that bad.

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 349399

Congratulations to ds! How awesome!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom