The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

The bottom dropped out weather wise and I have errands to run today, tonight's dinner groundhog meatloaf with mashed potatoes
72 here yesterday... 36 this morning. To chilly for golf and I am starting to lose my patience. All week long it has been in the pleasant 70's and come Saturday, when I had a golf match planned it gets cold again. I realize that I can go during the week since I am retired, but, my SIL has to work and I go with him.
Funny Story, maybe, depending on one's age. On the third tee of the course we play there is a bronze plaque with the name of a guy that dropped dead in the middle of his back swing a couple of years ago. My SIL told me that he worries every time we play that it is going to happen to me and that his wife (my daughter) will blame him for it. I said, then let me win and my stress factor will be a lot less. He ignored me. I think there might be a message in that somewhere.

Rista1313

My niece is visiting this weekend. Since it is super cold outdoor activity is not going to happen. I gave her a list of indoor things to do and places to go. She looked at them and picked the Mall of America. So once everyone is up and ready we’ll grab some breakfast and head out. Have a great Saturday!

I haven't been there since I was about 24... sooo 24 years ago... I'm guessing it's a lot different now!

SteveBrickNJ

My one uncle lived in Dallas up until his divorce, then he moved back here. He loved it there. Sometimes he says he wishes he lived there still. People are very different culturally down there than us uptight Marylanders (and northerners)
NJ is likely similar to Maryland. Tell me more about the Texas lifestyle or "culture". I'm interested.

Cesar R M

Trip Report Part 4:

Casa Vizcaya:

The place was beautiful as always, there was a slight difference on vegetation since the first time we came a few years ago. It was obvious that it was hurricane damage. (some trees split, etc..)
Nothing serious.

The prices to enter were a bit more expensive.. they were 15 USD before if I remember correctly, and they were now 22 for an adult and there were some discounts to students AND elderly.

Now, unlike other times.. this time the house was pretty full.
A lot of visitors from all countries, particularly asian.
A lot of people who seemed canadian and from europe as well. ( I guess escaping the cold?)

The house was impressive this time. All the bottom areas were open with no sign of degradation. Clearly they did an impressive job during renovations (a lot of areas were closed on the first time we were there).

I love these sculptures a lot.
hilariously these arches are for the "catering" and restrooms area :p

We entered the house. Interestingly, this time they allowed me to take photos with no issue.. as long I did not used flash. A stark contrast where they forbid me from taking ANY photos of the inside part last time. So I was delighted.

Everything was very well kept this time!, fresh flowers, etc..
Then we noticed the reason why. They were setting up an event... And there were a lot of young girls getting photos from pro photographers. So it felt like it was a multi quinceañera event. (the latin american equivalent of sweet 16ths)

The "old ship" of stone used to ward the house of waves looked pretty battered. Clearly took a beating during the past hurricanes. Some pieces were missing ther and here.. but for the most part, it was still standing..

The brunt of the damage was on the left side of the above picture. Where one of the piers still looked destroyed. The mangle garden on the right side, was slowly growing back again (was decimated by the hurricane season).

We took our time to check everything. The only annoyance was.. so many people! it was hard to take photos..

since every cranny of the house was filled with people.

(continued to in Part 5.. probably tomorrow after my birthday stuff)

Attachments

• DSC_8081_DxO.jpg
    DSC_8081_DxO.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 0

donaldtoo

We hit 77 yesterday. Today was 50. Right now it’s 35 and falling into 20s! It is also very windy. Where did the warm weather go?? :(

Sympathy like.
We aren’t supposed to get passed 39 today, but, after that, no more 30’s (even for lows) for the next 9 days.
High of 52 tomorrow and 70 on Monday.
Highs in the 60’s and 70’s for the next 7 days after that, so the warmth is comin’ back...for y’all too, I hope...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom