The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not barbies, but I still have some of my Polly Pockets and 2 Lisa Frank zip-up binders from the 90s.

I bought so many Poly Pockets for for my DD and I don't recall the name of the other tiny little ones but they were puppy and kitten based. Her Dad loved to suck them up in the vacuum cleaner. Fortunately I learned to dump the canister into a grocery bag long before Poly Pockets 'cause he had been sucking things up for years prior. :cautious:

Gabe1

Cafe Press Christmas presents :joyfull:

may_your_life_someday_be_as_awesome_as_you_p_stein.jpg

Gabe1

We watched as a town as the base for our power company tonight sent a fleet of trucks south to the Florida region. They passed by my DD's building in the center of our tow almost in a parade one after the other. Bless ya all, be safe. So appreciated. We had a tornado last summer. We so had the same appreciation for those who came to help us.
Godspeed.

Figgy1

Premium Member
TRIP REPORT

Day 3 PART 3

Butchart Gardens was pretty packed, despite the parking lot being somewhat empty.. the place was filled.
View attachment 319289
And the interesting was the huge shift of demographics.
The place is now 60% packed with Asians, mainly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

View attachment 319290

There were some very rude "rich" looking Koreans with ultra expensive fashion style clothes shoving everyone and pretty much pushing people away from shared seats or poke them with their selfie stick so they could get a photo. Good thing I was a good distance from these.. anyway.... The whole place was very full. It felt like Animal Kingdom during medium crowds. A rare sight for this park in my experience.
View attachment 319291

View attachment 319282

The place as usual is beautiful, they expanded the place and added a few more smaller sections.
Some of the main areas that had a lot of empty grass areas were upgraded to full blown flower beds.

View attachment 319283

On the other side.. I started to feel bad.. as in I had a start of a cold.
I feel radiating (fever), weak and with a sore troath. To make worse.. I had this "acid reflux" feel with gas. Usual when I'm about to go down with a severe case of stomach flu combined with a full flu. (later I found that I actually had full blown Influenza + Bronchitis )
View attachment 319284

But I wasn't going to ruin my day, despite how bad I felt, we kept moving, enjoying what we could.
View attachment 319285
Also had some nice packed sandwich and bought a plastic water container with the logo of Butchart Gardens so I could refill as we moved around.
View attachment 319286

In the other hand, found out that Butchart Gardens now has fireworks or different type of closing shows every day.
Which is amazing, unfortunately like we always do.. we were time contraint because we were not staying in Vancouver. So we only had like 6 hours top to use (vs almost 8 hours of nonstop travel because of ferries and buses)

So if anyone wants to check the beauty of Victoria. I recommend staying there at least 2 days to see the parks fully and dont feel ultra rushed.

View attachment 319287

Interestingly, there were more animals this time. Lots of Squirrels going around.
Last time we seen no animals which was weird for such beautiful gardens.

View attachment 319288

Also my mom finally managed to see the entire rose garden area, which amazed her but at same time disappointed her. as she was unable to find the mixed rose that my dad once got her a few decades ago. Which had 2 different colours and was pretty huge according to her memory. There were some similar ones and names I never heard (variety of roses of the entire world).

Then we moved to the Japanese Garden. They had added a few new fountains before the entrance. And expanded a lot of areas by adding additional props (like Dragon figures to the Japanese Garden). New wood bridges and red tao gateways.

We then moved to the main building so my mom could buy her souvenir. She was very specific on what she was buying. Took a bit but unfortunately they didn't had what she wanted. We settled for a calendar, a few smaller things and I settled with a keychain and magnet for my collection.

After finishing, we were hungry but the restaurants were packed.. So we decided to move to Victoria and find a good recommendation to eat.

So we returned, took a bus (which we were lucky as one was about to go out right as we entered the parking lot).

So.. the trip back was pretty decent with nothing much.
Only problem is, the bus was packed and we ended in the lower floor all the way to the back.
Thats ok, we only wanted to rest while we moved on.

CONTINUED IN Day 3, Part 4 tomorrow!
Sorry to hear you had to deal with pushy tourists but the gardens look amazing. Your pics almost make me want to venture north to explore the area. I said almost;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I never liked Barbies or Dolls. My Aunt when I was a preschooler gave me a real expensive doll (as a little one who would know) but I was jealous of the machine guns she gave my boy cousins that lived next door to us back then. We and neighbor kids often played Cops and Robbers outside. I never played with her. Fast forward about 4-5 years and the beautiful doll still hung around even though she was never played with and we moved years before.

One day my Sis wanted to play with the Doll and my Mom told her it was mine and she had to ask when I got home. Instead she cut the dolls long blonde hair off and gave her a
crew-cut. :jawdrop: *how to tick off my Mom* me not so much. I never really knew what to do with they things.

Just the opposite here as a kid ;) . I loved playing with dolls. Even had a little display in my room, along with stuffed animals. My brothers would sometimes change up the display (just to tick me off), and turn them all backwards, or put them standing on their heads, etc. :cautious: I'd reciprocate and hide some of their things--and hold them for ransom. "You want your book back? That will be 5 cents, payable in advance." :p :p

MySmallWorldof4

TRIP REPORT

Day 3 PART 3

Butchart Gardens was pretty packed, despite the parking lot being somewhat empty.. the place was filled.
View attachment 319289
And the interesting was the huge shift of demographics.
The place is now 60% packed with Asians, mainly Koreans, Chinese and Japanese.

View attachment 319290

There were some very rude "rich" looking Koreans with ultra expensive fashion style clothes shoving everyone and pretty much pushing people away from shared seats or poke them with their selfie stick so they could get a photo. Good thing I was a good distance from these.. anyway.... The whole place was very full. It felt like Animal Kingdom during medium crowds. A rare sight for this park in my experience.
View attachment 319291

View attachment 319282

The place as usual is beautiful, they expanded the place and added a few more smaller sections.
Some of the main areas that had a lot of empty grass areas were upgraded to full blown flower beds.

View attachment 319283

On the other side.. I started to feel bad.. as in I had a start of a cold.
I feel radiating (fever), weak and with a sore troath. To make worse.. I had this "acid reflux" feel with gas. Usual when I'm about to go down with a severe case of stomach flu combined with a full flu. (later I found that I actually had full blown Influenza + Bronchitis )
View attachment 319284

But I wasn't going to ruin my day, despite how bad I felt, we kept moving, enjoying what we could.
View attachment 319285
Also had some nice packed sandwich and bought a plastic water container with the logo of Butchart Gardens so I could refill as we moved around.
View attachment 319286

In the other hand, found out that Butchart Gardens now has fireworks or different type of closing shows every day.
Which is amazing, unfortunately like we always do.. we were time contraint because we were not staying in Vancouver. So we only had like 6 hours top to use (vs almost 8 hours of nonstop travel because of ferries and buses)

So if anyone wants to check the beauty of Victoria. I recommend staying there at least 2 days to see the parks fully and dont feel ultra rushed.

View attachment 319287

Interestingly, there were more animals this time. Lots of Squirrels going around.
Last time we seen no animals which was weird for such beautiful gardens.

View attachment 319288

Also my mom finally managed to see the entire rose garden area, which amazed her but at same time disappointed her. as she was unable to find the mixed rose that my dad once got her a few decades ago. Which had 2 different colours and was pretty huge according to her memory. There were some similar ones and names I never heard (variety of roses of the entire world).

Then we moved to the Japanese Garden. They had added a few new fountains before the entrance. And expanded a lot of areas by adding additional props (like Dragon figures to the Japanese Garden). New wood bridges and red tao gateways.

We then moved to the main building so my mom could buy her souvenir. She was very specific on what she was buying. Took a bit but unfortunately they didn't had what she wanted. We settled for a calendar, a few smaller things and I settled with a keychain and magnet for my collection.

After finishing, we were hungry but the restaurants were packed.. So we decided to move to Victoria and find a good recommendation to eat.

So we returned, took a bus (which we were lucky as one was about to go out right as we entered the parking lot).

So.. the trip back was pretty decent with nothing much.
Only problem is, the bus was packed and we ended in the lower floor all the way to the back.
Thats ok, we only wanted to rest while we moved on.

CONTINUED IN Day 3, Part 4 tomorrow!
Those are some gorgeous pictures. Wish it could be 3D. Too bad about the rude people.
Flu and bronchitis. Yuck. Glad you are better now.

MySmallWorldof4

I bought so many Poly Pockets for for my DD and I don't recall the name of the other tiny little ones but they were puppy and kitten based. Her Dad loved to suck them up in the vacuum cleaner. Fortunately I learned to dump the canister into a grocery bag long before Poly Pockets 'cause he had been sucking things up for years prior. :cautious:
My rule is if it gets sucked up in the vacuum, then someone didn't clean their mess like they were supposed to, and it gets thrown out. I am nice enough to warn though that something is about to get inhaled by the vacuum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom