The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Yeah, I can always tell the difference between fresh and powdered mashed potatoes and it is irking to me who loves fresh food to get instant potatoes in a restaurant. It's like powered mac and cheese vs real cheese, same thing.

My MIL did so many scary things with food though. My son loved strawberry liquid yogurt when he was small. He couldn't have milk and it was a good substitute. My MIL would mix (did behind our backs) fresh strawberries into Hersey's Strawberry flavoring syrup. Then mix it into Milk 'cause my preschooler wouldn't know the difference. :jawdrop: My DS didn't know the difference so he would drink it and then later be so sick. At one point his Dad noticed Grandmother couldn't get the syrup to come out and he opened it up to see what the issue was. Mold. It was rancid 'cause she put a perishable fruit into the refrigerator stable syrup. That is also when we found out she was giving him milk cause 'he needed 'milk' vs the liquid yogurt we brought for him while there. The kid was freak'n allergic to Milk but no she knew better than the doctor and his allergist. :devilish: Answered why a healthy kid went to very sick multiple times. SOOOO ANGRY!!! She into her 90's is still such a prize. :cautious:
That makes me angry as well.

betty rose

I believe you are overdue for a Jack Story. I have to live vicariously through the Worlds of Jack until I can have a wonderful Pup like your Jack Again. So miss those days when Walt shredded my Egyptian sheets on my bed. :(

Ode to Walt, tip of the hat to Jack....Kindred Spirits....

C4meXmeWAAArVM7.jpg
Just like my Freddy too. RIP.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey guys. Been busy this week, so I forgot to say this, but my Eagle Project was finished the day before Veteran's Day. It's 3ft. tall ,and the foundation is 4ft. deep. All I need to do now is finish my paperwork. Aiming for having everything in by XMas, well before my April deadline View attachment 245179

That is beautiful. What a wonderful project you chose.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Deer meat is sooo good when prepared properly!!! :hungry: My grandmothers prepared it, and my mom still does, kinda' like pepper steak, and it's sooo darn good...!!! :hungry: Also, it's very lean...!!! :)
But, yes, DWifey won't touch any wild game with a 100-foot pole... :cyclops:

Oddly enough, moose (when prepared properly) is also delish. Had it once. Some friends who grew up in northern Maine used to hunt. They invited us to dinner one night and it was the first time I had it--really good, and the gravy was awesome. :hungry:

I think with many game meats, you have to cook them in different ways. I think if your DWifey had game meat prepared the correct way, she might like (some) of it.

betty rose

The cattle are sold and shipped!!! Gone! They are no longer my problem and I don't have to work out with the coal mine where the fence is going to make sure the cows have water, I don't have to buy more feed for the winter, or worry about getting them branded or vaccinated. It's DONE!!! You can't see me, but I'm TOTALLY doing a happy dance right now!! What a relief! There are still things to take care of, but now we can take our time. The cattle were really weighing on my mind!
I'm so happy for you. Having that gone before winter is great!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 I can't find your post about it but I might have bought a few things to put away for presents for next year. :joyfull: We will be own our cruise right before Christmas so I'm starting early. :D

Scorecard:

MOXOMUMD -- Leading the pack -- already ahead with 2018 Christmas presents! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Figgy -- completed 2017 Christmas shopping! :jawdrop:
MinnieM123 -- 1 bottle of hot sauce :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've been using Firefox for years now and have been relatively happy with it, until recently. Recently it started to take forever to go from start to finish on page establishment and also had a tendency to have a popup that will show up once every time I sign on. It sometimes has a advertisement attached to it, sometimes it just freezes up my computer if I don't catch it soon enough and delete it. It never shows up in the same time frame. Just seems random.

Anyway, yesterday they introduced a "new, improved" set-up which I hate. They guaranteed faster service, but, it's slower in many ways and less user friendly. What does everyone else use as a search engine and are you happy with it? And the popup still shows up.

I use Firefox or Chrome.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Venison, pheasant, fish...you name it...as long as someone else is willing to do the nasty work, I'm up for it. ;)

EDIT: I could probably hunt and gut if I really had to...but since I don't....
Tried shark - wasn't a fan. Frogs' legs, calamari, escargot - lemmie at 'em!

I like shark--had it once and loved it. The restaurant served it with a tangy peppercorn sauce.

Legs, calamari and escargot--nope!

Pixieish

I like shark--had it once and loved it. The restaurant served it with a tangy peppercorn sauce.

Legs, calamari and escargot--nope!

At the place I tried shark, it was like an overly-greasy pork chop...nastiness. I'd probably try it again if it were prepared differently. Legs are literally almost exactly like chicken wings...calamari and escargot - imagine super-flavored rubber bands! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom