The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My mom called me all worried last week because one her cats was walking around with a string hanging out of its mouth. She was trying to grab it from the cat because she thought it was a shoestring. While on the phone with me the cat came to her feet and let the string out. :eek: The mouse took off running! :joyfull: I said I think she was just tasting it.

Like wine tastings for people...mouse tastings for cats...!!! :hilarious:

Yes, my silly brain went there... :rolleyes: :oops: ;)

donaldtoo

Hey guys. Been busy this week, so I forgot to say this, but my Eagle Project was finished the day before Veteran's Day. It's 3ft. tall ,and the foundation is 4ft. deep. All I need to do now is finish my paperwork. Aiming for having everything in by XMas, well before my April deadline View attachment 245179

WOW!!!!!
That is beyond awesome and amazing!!!!!
I salute you, young sir...!!!!! :happy: :)

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo What a great story. It is a wonderful thing when you have the ability to help those in need. :happy:

Thanks!!! :)
It is, indeed, a wonderful thing...!!! :)

There are many times I wish we had a lot of money, not for the sake of being rich per se ;), but, for the sake of being able to give it to who or what we wanted to, anonymously, whenever we wanted to...!!! :happy:

donaldtoo

Bow season started here also. Gun season starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. The schools in PA are actually closed Monday because of it. Apparently there are so many hunters in PA (most guns per capita in the USA), that half the kids would be absent.:confused: I found it weird when I moved here and found that out. Dh and I are definitely not backwoodsy hunter/fishing people, so it was an interesting fact. Just about every family we know goes hunting on Monday. At a Christmas party a few years back when 2 of my girls took dance, one of the food offerings was deer. At that point I was still an omnivore, but I refused to touch it. I only would eat chicken or beef. Never ventured towards wild game.

Deer meat is sooo good when prepared properly!!! :hungry: My grandmothers prepared it, and my mom still does, kinda' like pepper steak, and it's sooo darn good...!!! :hungry: Also, it's very lean...!!! :)
But, yes, DWifey won't touch any wild game with a 100-foot pole... :cyclops:

donaldtoo

We drove past a carcass (road splatter) a few days ago. My daughter says "well hmmm" so I said "what?" She says "I wonder where the head went." :hungover: :joyfull: Not much farther down the road someone had plowed into a coyote and spun it to the side of the road.

Pretty sure I've posted this before, but, I was driving to work one morning many years ago and ran across a crazy roadkill mess. The next weekend we were at my folks and it came up in conversation. Turns out it was one of my youngest bros good friends that hit a large buck deer. His insurance company ended up totaling out his car.

Although I remember coyotes in the distance howling/yapping us to sleep every night on my grandparents farms years ago, I can't even remember the last time I saw one 'round here... :cyclops:

donaldtoo

We bake one type of cookie then move on to the next as a team. It's quicker that way. It's also easier to clean up. That's the part I hate. My daughter's been baking on her own since she was about 8 with supervision. Over the past few years she's been doing it on her own. This will be the first year she does the Thanksgiving meal by herself. Herb roasted turkey bre-ast, real mashed potatoes with turkey drippings gravy, broccoli/cauliflower casserole, yeast rolls and pumpkin gingerbread pie for dessert. :hungry:

Oh my!!!!!!! :hungry:

donaldtoo

Loving the food place! Groovy :happy: I would have painted it tiedye paisley with peace sign biscuit graphics. That would be an eyecatcher and pique people's curiousity as to what they sell. :) The food looks delish.

Yep, I definitely agree, they missed an opportunity there. ;)
They coulda' also named it Bisquits and Wavy Gravy Groovy along with all the tie dye...!!!!! :joyfull: :D ;)

image.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Two of my favorite WGN Morning News Anchors make a trip back to Disney World for a special reason. Pat the Small World Fear Struck.
Paul helping his friend overcome his fear.

"30 years ago this month that Pat had an "accident" in his pants on "It's a Small World." He was 9 years old and wearing a Mickey Shirt.

But, with the help of his dear friend Paul Konrad, he finally made a trip back to Disney World to conquer a demon that has tormented him for so long."

I can't get the video to stick but here is the link. So. much. fun.

http://wgntv.com/2017/11/17/after-3...-small-world-fears-with-trip-to-disney-world/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom