The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, but speaking from experience, sometimes trying to wrestle the child out of the restaurant/store/public venue escalates it even more and just makes it worse. Sometimes you just have to deal with it right then. It's not ideal, but then meltdowns never are.

Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with that...it wasn't an in the moment thing...good 15 minutes of all that and then walked her out screaming, wished they did that prior to pinning her to the floor. It was bad. Then they brought her back for round two. Watching it all nobody wanted to be the adult that had to leave dinner. I've been around all sorts of kids on the spectrum, it was more the weirdness of the adults that let it escalate and then slapping her to the floor out of grandma's arms that brought everyones dining experience to a halt in the restaurant.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Today was Animal Kingdom, AK Lodge Sanaa for bread service, thanks @figmentfan423 great recommendation. The lounge was lovely and peaceful. We had an ostrich peeking in the window for entertainment. The over to the Studios for the afternoon and ultimately our rescheduled Halloween Party which was as low attendance as the parks still were today. Again we walked on to the vast majority of attractions. Wondrous.

Hit the road running early this morning...will sleep a tad longer tomorrow.

DJjVwP3WsAcjEAy.jpg

DJjWSgfXUAUE1_r.jpg

spiced watermelon margarita and watermelon lemonade
DJjeL1WW4AAbypf.jpg:large
DJjeBMRXUAAUUmR.jpg

bread service
DJlOCsqX0AEEABu.jpg

Cesar R M

The 43 square miles are pretty much untouched. A couple resorts got hit more than most. Ours was very slow to figure out how to even blow the leaves off the sidewalks while others seemed to have a better plan but I can't complain, I was just bored by day 2 and the sun was out and Bay Lake and 7 Sea's were calm.

Both AK Safari and AKL and their DVC got hit hard with trees. Don't know when they'll fix all that. The Lodge will need new trees brought in for the resort Safari area. I've seen pictures of AK Park Safari and it isn't pretty. The path from Wilderness Lodge to Ft Wilderness took a hard hit. It is forest that isn't overly maintained on each side of the road/path. There are mainly forest areas that are a mess but are not impacting guests very much. The monorail resorts are in good shape too. Disney couldn't be clairvoyant but they really made their call too soon to close when they did...This is my 3rd Hurricane vacation but this Hurricane did trick many with its path. I can't fault Disney. That is why I wasn't too concerned about safety here. There response for their guests was far better for guest services and food was substantially better than it was for Mathew last fall and there wasn't the price gouging of last fall. Kudos for that. Weird little outages of power but all and all the power stayed on throughout Disney. Blessed.
Are there photos of the damage around?

I love AKL a lot, it will be depressing to see it all dry and treeless. :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Today was Animal Kingdom, AK Lodge Sanaa for bread service, thanks @figmentfan423 great recommendation. The lounge was lovely and peaceful. We had an ostrich peeking in the window for entertainment. The over to the Studios for the afternoon and ultimately our rescheduled Halloween Party which was as low attendance as the parks still were today. Again we walked on to the vast majority of attractions. Wondrous.

Hit the road running early this morning...will sleep a tad longer tomorrow.

DJjVwP3WsAcjEAy.jpg

DJjWSgfXUAUE1_r.jpg

spiced watermelon margarita and watermelon lemonade
DJjeL1WW4AAbypf.jpg:large
DJjeBMRXUAAUUmR.jpg

bread service
DJlOCsqX0AEEABu.jpg
I'm glad you enjoyed Sanaa but the credit goes to @epcotisbest for the that one:joyfull:. and gluten free/dairy free at WDW for posting their allergy menu:joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

The 43 square miles are pretty much untouched. A couple resorts got hit more than most. Ours was very slow to figure out how to even blow the leaves off the sidewalks while others seemed to have a better plan but I can't complain, I was just bored by day 2 and the sun was out and Bay Lake and 7 Sea's were calm.

Both AK Safari and AKL and their DVC got hit hard with trees. Don't know when they'll fix all that. The Lodge will need new trees brought in for the resort Safari area. I've seen pictures of AK Park Safari and it isn't pretty. The path from Wilderness Lodge to Ft Wilderness took a hard hit. It is forest that isn't overly maintained on each side of the road/path. There are mainly forest areas that are a mess but are not impacting guests very much. The monorail resorts are in good shape too. Disney couldn't be clairvoyant but they really made their call too soon to close when they did...This is my 3rd Hurricane vacation but this Hurricane did trick many with its path. I can't fault Disney. That is why I wasn't too concerned about safety here. There response for their guests was far better for guest services and food was substantially better than it was for Mathew last fall and there wasn't the price gouging of last fall. Kudos for that. Weird little outages of power but all and all the power stayed on throughout Disney. Blessed.
So what I got from your post is - don't travel to Disney the week you go because a hurricane will hit. ;):p

Edit: Wait a minute. Walk-ons, empty Halloween party? Hmmm. May need to rethink previous response. When are you going next?:D

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with that...it wasn't an in the moment thing...good 15 minutes of all that and then walked her out screaming, wished they did that prior to pinning her to the floor. It was bad. Then they brought her back for round two. Watching it all nobody wanted to be the adult that had to leave dinner. I've been around all sorts of kids on the spectrum, it was more the weirdness of the adults that let it escalate and then slapping her to the floor out of grandma's arms that brought everyones dining experience to a halt in the restaurant.
Pinning a little child to the floor to stop a tantrum is just awful and sad. Not a way to deal with a child. Luckily my kids were not tantrum throwers but when one did get out of sorts I found just strong loving hugs helped the most in our situations. I hugged them tightly until they calmed down. I feel for the parents but it seems in this case they caused the escalation in the behavior. A quiet time in the room would have been better. Just my opinion.

MouseDreaming

Have to share my double score today. First, checked the flights for DS and I, and the return flight price dropped. So, now I have a credit with Southwest!

And then that lovely mailman brought me some Mickey mail! :inlove:

Disney is so nice, they want me to stay on top of my "important dates". They also want to remind me to customize my Magic Band, but it still isn't showing up in MDE. :rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Have to share my double score today. First, checked the flights for DS and I, and the return flight price dropped. So, now I have a credit with Southwest!

And then that lovely mailman brought me some Mickey mail! :inlove:

Disney is so nice, they want me to stay on top of my "important dates". They also want to remind me to customize my Magic Band, but it still isn't showing up in MDE. :rolleyes:
Have tried both online on your computer and your phone app?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom