The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Well, it's just we've had a lot of incidents where someone has been creating profiles that aren't legitimate with lots of personal info, posting on this thread and others, like the trivia threads and others in Chit Chat and then leaving abruptly. So we tend to be a little suspicious, which of course you will understand.

Is it standardize testing? Or standardized testing?
Two who were for real PMed me they were done posting because they thought the members in this thread were "not very friendly" (putting it politely) to them and haven't been back since. Sad.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Two who were for real PMed me they were done posting because they thought the members in this thread were "not very friendly" (putting it politely) to them and haven't been back since. Sad.
Well, to put it politely as well I have been turned off to this thread as well and unfortunately it is not everyone. I have received several PM's of support from I guess what is the other chit chat thread(Bob Saget) and I will be posting there if I feel the need to chit chat. To be honest like I said before several times I really didn't come here to just chit chat. I just saw one of your posts and you were following me and thought I'd respond. Than everyone started welcoming me like I was staying or something.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes, some teachers feel that the standardized testing really doesn't fully measure the full potential of the student. I myself see where they are coming from as each student certainly responds to standardized tests differently. Each teacher is to explain to the students leading up to these standardized test that there is no need to study for them and not to worry themselves over them, but many still do and even parents worry over them as well.

Testing is often seen as the main measure of what a teacher can do in the classroom with students and now many salary schedules are being based on the test scores of students. How did your teachers respond to that?

Just wondering as I'm a teacher. That is a fear of mine.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Our weather person got it wrong again. We were supposed to get about an inch of snow by the end of the day. Well it seems there's already an inch and a half:cautious: The powers that be might as well hire a groundhog for a more accurate forecast:hilarious:

It is very windy here. I went to Target a bit ago and the snow was blowing completely horizontal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom