The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just saw a tidbit on TV that Denny Hamlin’s NASCAR team alone spent $1 million on tires they never used…!!!!! :greedy:
I read that NASCAR teams generally use 16 pairs of tires for each weekend race. That's approx. up to $20,000 per weekend. Hence, if Hamlin's team didn't even use $1 million in tires, that's one heck of a lot of wasted tires -- not to mention, the space to store them. :jawdrop:

Lilofan

I read that NASCAR teams generally use 16 pairs of tires for each weekend race. That's approx. up to $20,000 per weekend. Hence, if Hamlin's team didn't even use $1 million in tires, that's one heck of a lot of wasted tires -- not to mention, the space to store them. :jawdrop:
Tires are very expensive. When back in the day at DHS, there was a stunt show with bikes and cars called Lights Motor Action at the back of the park. The attraction had 2-3 shows daily. We loved watching the show. One day we were talking with one of the cast member stunt drivers . He advised that Disney spent $125K just on tires monthly.

wdwfan4ver

Tires are very expensive. When back in the day at DHS, there was a stunt show with bikes and cars called Lights Motor Action at the back of the park. The attraction had 2-3 shows daily. We loved watching the show. One day we were talking with one of the cast member stunt drivers . He advised that Disney spent $125K just on tires monthly.
I believe it in terms of expenses for tires. There also is the gas expenses with that show.

I do know that the expenses as a whole with that show was one of the big reasons why Lights, Motor, Action! went away.

donaldtoo

Lilofan

I believe it in terms of expenses for tires. There also is the gas expenses with that show.

I do know that the expenses as a whole with that show was one of the big reasons why Lights, Motor, Action! went away.
I missed that stunt show at DHS. One cool way to catch a peek on the drivers doing their burn outs is when we took the Backlot Tour tram ride that went backstage. We saw the cast members working backstage and we even saw in a gated backstage parking lot the Lights Motor Action stunt drivers practicing their burnouts . What perfect timing to see this unexpected surprise. Too bad iPhones didn't exist back then to film!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Am sure the open air seating and lack of cooling for the audience didn't help matters. The show made much more sense in the cooler environment of DLP when we saw it there.

Lilofan

That spectator area was so hot, and I couldn't wait to get out of there. The show, itself, was fun but I never went back, due to the oppressive heat.
I think the people who had it the hottest were the cast who performed in the stunt show. That blacktop surface had to have been even more blazing hot during the long hot summer. The cast member who was literally burning up was in one of the scenes when the bike rider skidded on the surface into a wall of fire and his body suit became engulfed in flames. Then the other cast doused his flaming suit with fire extinguishers.

StarWarsGirl

What are you talking about? I've already got bread almost baked and the stew is almost finished
Confused Little Girl GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom