The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

That might be true, but I'll bet very few get them and it is doubtful that law enforcement in other states would require anyone to have it while driving in a state that doesn't require it. I think it would be a good idea but where does one get a $100K+ motor home to take a test on. I suspect that it would only be a written test and not a road test. To me there is a huge difference between a written test and a road test in determining one's ability to safely handle a vehicle that size. I guess they seem to do alright because I have never come upon a motor home accident in all my travels. I guess anyone that is having confidence problems with driving probably wouldn't even attempt to try driving large vehicles. I say that judging by the number of people (I'm looking at you @MinnieM123) that lack the confidence to even drive a stick shift there must be many more that have self doubt about driving a large vehicle.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

You definitely won't find me driving a motorhome or any other large vehicle. Nope nope nope.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I had drivers ed, but that was mostly in a classroom. You got very little actual driving experience. It was mostly theoretical learning about how to drive in bad weather, watching videos to scare us out of drinking and driving, etc. I think we only spent 2 days actually driving, and it was groups of 4 and we had one day where we learned how to check fluid levels and how to change a tire, and we each got a turn driving in town and parking. The 2nd day we drove into the next town over so we each got a turn with highway driving, and we each got to do a small stretch of interstate and do an emergency stop. That was it. The rest was all in the classroom. The actual driving part, you learned from a parent or sibling.
We got a lot more than that, enough to pass the driving portion of the test if you caught on quickly. I also lived in a suburban area where not everybody had a car so maybe that had something to do with it

Songbird76

We got a lot more than that, enough to pass the driving portion of the test if you caught on quickly. I also lived in a suburban area where not everybody had a car so maybe that had something to do with it
Did you take your driving test in a drivers ed car? If not everyone had a car, how could they take the driving test?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't remember if the school offered that option. I took it in my car but I do remember friends taking people for their tests if they didn't have a car
The driving school where I went, the school's specially equipped teacher's car was used for the road tests with the Registry. (I think the Reg. officers liked that, because they sat in the passenger front seat, and there was a brake, etc., on that side -- just in case one of us did something stupid which driving around for the test.) :p

Goofyernmost

I had drivers ed, but that was mostly in a classroom. You got very little actual driving experience. It was mostly theoretical learning about how to drive in bad weather, watching videos to scare us out of drinking and driving, etc. I think we only spent 2 days actually driving, and it was groups of 4 and we had one day where we learned how to check fluid levels and how to change a tire, and we each got a turn driving in town and parking. The 2nd day we drove into the next town over so we each got a turn with highway driving, and we each got to do a small stretch of interstate and do an emergency stop. That was it. The rest was all in the classroom. The actual driving part, you learned from a parent or sibling.
That brought back a memory. I remember when three of us were in a training car with the instructor a young lady that really had never driven anything at all before managed to run into a curb, tearing a hole in the tire. The group got to learn how to change a tire while watching me actually change it. I had my license for at least a year by then and was only there for the certification. I should have gotten at least a small refund. But that didn't happen.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

The driving school where I went, the school's specially equipped teacher's car was used for the road tests with the Registry. (I think the Reg. officers liked that, because they sat in the passenger front seat, and there was a brake, etc., on that side -- just in case one of us did something stupid which driving around for the test.) :p
Yeah, we had to do three sessions with an instructor on the road in one of those cars. The only time the instructor had to step on it was because someone cut me off in a parking lot, and my foot was on the brake at the same time, but I could feel hers was on it too. It was weird.

We took the actual tests in our own cars, though.

StarWarsGirl

Did you take your driving test in a drivers ed car? If not everyone had a car, how could they take the driving test?
In my area, if you didn't have a car, you're supposed to borrow one from someone to take the test. They don't have vehicles to test you in.

Oh, and if you have any type of lights go on during the test, you automatically fail, which I think is stupid, but one of my friends failed because of that rule.

He's older than me, took three tries to pass, and got his license after me. I tortured him over that. ("Do you need a ride anywhere?" "See that baseball player? He's younger than you. I bet he has a driver's license.") 🤣

FutureCEO

Yeah, we had to do three sessions with an instructor on the road in one of those cars. The only time the instructor had to step on it was because someone cut me off in a parking lot, and my foot was on the brake at the same time, but I could feel hers was on it too. It was weird.

We took the actual tests in our own cars, though.

I didn't have to parallel park during my test like most people do. Though I do remember getting a few points of doing a rolling stop. Though I have seen people do rolling stops, I didn't do anything like that. Some people don't even slow down at all.

StarWarsGirl

Whose sick of hearing about Twitter because I am. Honestly, its like no other company has layoffs except for them.
I'm just scratching my head over the entire thing. If I worked there, I would have had my resume out before this happened and been out the door. No way in hell would I have been working those hours.

I also have to laugh over the people who are all up in arms about the board of directors dissolving. It's gone from public to private. That's how it works! You don't have a board of directors in a private company. Every time I see something stupid on the internet related to business/accounting I'm like, "Ah, yes, job security."

rioriz

I'm just scratching my head over the entire thing. If I worked there, I would have had my resume out before this happened and been out the door. No way in hell would I have been working those hours.

I also have to laugh over the people who are all up in arms about the board of directors dissolving. It's gone from public to private. That's how it works! You don't have a board of directors in a private company. Every time I see something stupid on the internet related to business/accounting I'm like, "Ah, yes, job security."
Same here, people just need a reason to complain

Figgy1

Premium Member

related

Cesar R M

Pretty sure the complains are because of the idiotic back and fort, specially with Elon doing Elon things.
Still, was pleasing to see the entire twitter board getting kicked unceremoniously.
Very cancerous individuals from the view of an user (aka censoring certain things while allowing nazi, scammers or racist stuff).

In the other hand, well, its Elon.
He has huge debt, twitter is haemorrhaging money. So I imagine that improvements, fixes, etc.. will be in the backburner until Elon's team finds a way to monetize twitter better. And monetizing has always been bad for the end user.

From a third person's view: I still facepalm at Elon's apologizers and bootlikers who defend him on all costs. They think he's some sort of hero.. hes not. And I find it weird when everyone applauds every crap he does even when he's dumping on people who has not his privilege. So I dunno when these people go to defend him in twitter, facebook..etc..

This meme says it best lol

1667587243539.png

StarWarsGirl

Pretty sure the complains are because of the idiotic back and fort, specially with Elon doing Elon things.
Still, was pleasing to see the entire twitter board getting kicked unceremoniously.
Very cancerous individuals from the view of an user (aka censoring certain things while allowing nazi, scammers or racist stuff).

In the other hand, well, its Elon.
He has huge debt, twitter is haemorrhaging money. So I imagine that improvements, fixes, etc.. will be in the backburner until Elon's team finds a way to monetize twitter better. And monetizing has always been bad for the end user.

From a third person's view: I still facepalm at Elon's apologizers and bootlikers who defend him on all costs. They think he's some sort of hero.. hes not. And I find it weird when everyone applauds every crap he does even when he's dumping on people who has not his privilege. So I dunno when these people go to defend him in twitter, facebook..etc..

This meme says it best lol

View attachment 676727
Yeah, there's no way that I would want to work for any of his companies. He's one of those people who thinks people should be in the office doing their jobs, which is all I need to know about him. At the ripe old age of 27, I'm past the point in my career where I come into an office everyday. 🙃 That alone tells me never ever go to work for Tesla, Twitter, or SpaceX.

As far as the board of directors goes, I wouldn't expect a board of directors in a private company. A board of directors is there to serve the interests of shareholders. Twitter only has one shareholder now that they're private, so the board isn't needed. Major higher ups in the company going isn't unexpected either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom