The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Not a fan of dells. Also tiny screen! you have no issue with these?
I'm the opposite. I buy either Dells or Lenovo, but there weren't any Lenovos on sale. HP is the brand I absolutely will not buy. My brother had a Dell last for 5 years.

It's the same size as my work laptop so I'm kind of used to it. Mostly I use a type C dock these days and leave my laptop docked to my monitors. Sometimes I move to the bed with it to watch TV or a movie, but if I'm working, it's pretty much at my desk with the monitors.

Cesar R M

I'm the opposite. I buy either Dells or Lenovo, but there weren't any Lenovos on sale. HP is the brand I absolutely will not buy. My brother had a Dell last for 5 years.

It's the same size as my work laptop so I'm kind of used to it. Mostly I use a type C dock these days and leave my laptop docked to my monitors. Sometimes I move to the bed with it to watch TV or a movie, but if I'm working, it's pretty much at my desk with the monitors.
I wouldn't touch HP either lol.
I just find that the usual namebrands have been pretty pathetic lately.

Cesar R M

1. Apply to work..
  2. Position is 100% remote Job does not have specific address to apply mentioned anywhere.
  3. Get contacted by recruiter directly saying how impressed he is by my exp and knowledge and wants a virtual meeting via zoom.
  4. Mention my timezone to arrange. (central), get questioned about where I am currently.
  5. say currently in Mexico and willing to move anywhere I'm needed.
  6. Recruiter instantly changes tune and says I should be in X, Y or Z state in the USA. Apologizes and offer ends.

FutureCEO

1. Apply to work..
  2. Position is 100% remote Job does not have specific address to apply mentioned anywhere.
  3. Get contacted by recruiter directly saying how impressed he is by my exp and knowledge and wants a virtual meeting via zoom.
  4. Mention my timezone to arrange. (central), get questioned about where I am currently.
  6. Recruiter instantly changes tune and says I should be in X, Y or Z state in the USA. Apologizes and offer ends.

I have applied for more jobs lately in the UK and Ireland instead of my own country 😁

It also sucks that I didn't think of doing Ital citizenship by decent sooner but that has hit a snag too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
  1. Apply to work..
{{HUGS}}

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom