The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And a special bonus the pharmacist told me my insurance is very good, my copay was $0. He advised some others insurances don't cover for shingles vaccine, and they must pay $300 for the 2 shots.
That's good. When I received those two, each one was close to $170 -- that was about 2 years ago, and I was under different insurance which did not cover it at all. I was stunned to hear the price, and I asked the CVS pharmacist at the time, if it was for both injections. She said no, it was for EACH one. Didn't have a clue it was so expensive, and I was caught off guard. Now, things may have changed in the past few years, and maybe it's a bit more affordable for more people now, (under various insurance plans). All other vaccines I've had, including covid, were either free or just a small copay only.

Lilofan

That's good. When I received those two, each one was close to $170 -- that was about 2 years ago, and I was under different insurance which did not cover it at all. I was stunned to hear the price, and I asked the CVS pharmacist at the time, if it was for both injections. She said no, it was for EACH one. Didn't have a clue it was so expensive, and I was caught off guard. Now, things may have changed in the past few years, and maybe it's a bit more affordable for more people now, (under various insurance plans). All other vaccines I've had, including covid, were either free or just a small copay only.
Also I was advised Medicare A&B does not cover the cost of shingles vaccine. With 1 in 3 over the age of 50 contacting shingles , perhaps one would think the vaccine would be covered by insurance or free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom