The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
tip hat thank you GIF by Captain Obvious

StarWarsGirl

I get that. Different strokes for different strokes. Yet people lose their mind when I don't love everything by LMM.
I honestly could have taken or left LMM until I saw Hamilton in person. I'd listened to the cast recording and it did nothing for me. It came to Baltimore and my mom wanted to see it and I was like, hmm, okay. Totally changed everything. Like something flipped in my brain.

Then In the Heights came out and I was watching it like, "Do I like this?" And then there was the piragua scene and I was like, yes, yes I do like this. I've seen it like three or four times.

ALW I can point out exactly what I don't like about his pieces. Some of it (like in Cats) gets very discordant which I don't like. Then some of it is repetitive, which I don't like.

If we're on more of an opera-style musical, I much prefer Les Miserables.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I honestly could have taken or left LMM until I saw Hamilton in person. I'd listened to the cast recording and it did nothing for me. It came to Baltimore and my mom wanted to see it and I was like, hmm, okay. Totally changed everything. Like something flipped in my brain.

Then In the Heights came out and I was watching it like, "Do I like this?" And then there was the piragua scene and I was like, yes, yes I do like this. I've seen it like three or four times.

ALW I can point out exactly what I don't like about his pieces. Some of it (like in Cats) gets very discordant which I don't like. Then some of it is repetitive, which I don't like.

If we're on more of an opera-style musical, I much prefer Les Miserables.
I think that is similar to my experience of Phantom. Once we had seen it in the west end it was an eye opener. We also saw the lion king musical and Stomp on that trip. Phantom was the least anticipated but the most impressive of all three.
I would probably enjoy Hamilton if I ever got to see it live but TV recordings etc just aren't the same.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I saw it live in B-more. It was amazing.

Others I've seen:
Beauty and the Beast x 4
Aladdin
Mary Poppins
Lion King x 3
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Wicked
Hamilton

And this weekend Mom and I see Tootsie.
Too bad you never saw Cats on Broadway -- absolutely incredible (actors, costumes, stage sets, and music). I (think) it was the longest running play on Broadway.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Gmail filters out the ads on mine so I just hit a giant delete button.

Nope. Didn't get any. I always try to keep on top of solicitation emails -- and get off their mailing lists. Can't stand ad clutter in my inbox.
My problem is there are a few lists I like to be on for coupons and sales. I got my seeds for next year, craft supplies from a couple of places all small companies, a pattern from an Indy company I follow, dh's coffee press which never went on sale before (sale plus coupon), coffee flavoring the boys like, some nail stuff from 2 different small family run companies and some skin care I stocked up on. The problem was/is they all sent several emails starting last week:banghead: Me following those companies means dh finally finished his Christmas shopping at at least 50% off with free shipping. Added bonus was shopping small:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My problem is there are a few lists I like to be on for coupons and sales. I got my seeds for next year, craft supplies from a couple of places all small companies, a pattern from an Indy company I follow, dh's coffee press which never went on sale before (sale plus coupon), coffee flavoring the boys like, some nail stuff from 2 different small family run companies and some skin care I stocked up on. The problem was/is they all sent several emails starting last week:banghead: Me following those companies means dh finally finished his Christmas shopping at at least 50% off with free shipping. Added bonus was shopping small:joyfull:
That worked out well for you. I guess that's worth the aggravation, if you can really score what you need.

These companies want you to impulse buy (can't blame them), but it's annoying to me. But, you seem to have a plan with only specific items that you'll grab, if the coupon is relevant. So I can understand that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
That worked out well for you. I guess that's worth the aggravation, if you can really score what you need.

These companies want you to impulse buy (can't blame them), but it's annoying to me. But, you seem to have a plan with only specific items that you'll grab, if the coupon is relevant. So I can understand that.
I always have a plan for shopping, I NEVER pay rack rate;)

StarWarsGirl

I actually just checked my email and saw IT Cosmetic's is doing 50% their CC creams. It normally runs $40 a tube so guess who just got two things of it, one for the summer when I get tan and one for the winter.

Cesar R M

Too bad you never saw Cats on Broadway -- absolutely incredible (actors, costumes, stage sets, and music). I (think) it was the longest running play on Broadway.
Not seen it on Broadway, but we seen the version (with most of the broadway actors) in Mexico city.
Also seen it thrice in spanish. One when I was a kiddo.
And two times in the Oasis of the Seas RCCL ship :p

also own the dvd..

funnily, it was CATS what made me want to become a singer.. 'til I lost my hearing a few years later.

StarWarsGirl

I believe there was a travelling one and it came to Baltimore. I think I entered the ticket lottery and didn't get it. I won the ticket lottery for Tootsie - that's why my mom and I are going to see it this weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom