The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tuvalu

So back to these stupid magic bands... I got an email receipt... I saw the pending charge on my credit card... but now the pending is gone and Disney still hasn't completed the charge, and my experience doesn't have any magic band info... SWEAR WORDS. I guess I'll wait until later in the summer to see what happens, give them time to work the kinks out.
Woody got his today.

C5213456-A38C-4CE6-8B52-0554F60C0710.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

Something spooked Jasmine and she's been wary about being outside. So until she's confident again, I'm doing the same thing I:m doing with Belle: on my lap outside.

View attachment 375624
Oh my. A cat from the farm behind us walked straight up to us. I was afraid the cat would either spray or attack Jasmine, so I shooed it. She's totally unfazed.

And then ten seconds later a deer walked past, about 10 feet away, saw us, and ran. Now Jasmine is very interested in her surroundings.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So I'm normally very very anti "live action" Disney classics, but.....

Today the flooring guys were replacing my rugs and A woke up with a 105.4 fever so she couldn't go to school. So we went to see Aladdin in an empty theater and it was really really good. Aside from missing Robin Williams, i would even say i loved it more than the original.

Plus i got almost all the popcorn because sick A isn't eating much.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Awww.....poor girl. Is she miserable? I always gave my kids popsicles when they had fevers that high. Easy way to get them to get fluids and cool them down. Hope she feels better soon!

She turned her nose up at Oreos, popsicles, popcorn, ice cream, and grilled cheese sandwiches. She's pretty clingy but seems in good enough spirits. She fell asleep for the first time in years in the car tonight on the way home from the new house. She's mainly living on water and applesauce right now

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Today the flooring guys were replacing my rugs and A woke up with a 105.4 fever so she couldn't go to school. So we went to see Aladdin in an empty theater and it was really really good. Aside from missing Robin Williams, i would even say i loved it more than the original.

We just got back from seeing Aladdin as well. Both hubs and I really enjoyed it and liked what was done with it. I actually wasn’t too concerned about Will Smith as the genie, I went in thinking he was going to be fine and he was . I’m looking forward to seeing it again.

I’m not so sure I’m going to be that thrilled with the Lion King though, but I’ll see it and give it a chance.

Rista1313

The saga continues... chatted with customer service about my premium magic bands not showing up, they assure me that since I have a confirmation numbers, I should be all set, even though it's not there.... escalating it to level 2.... How much you wanna bet I never hear from level 2 and get regular magic bands instead of the premium. I have zero faith in the IT department @Tuvalu

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So back to these stupid magic bands... I got an email receipt... I saw the pending charge on my credit card... but now the pending is gone and Disney still hasn't completed the charge, and my experience doesn't have any magic band info... SWEAR WORDS. I guess I'll wait until later in the summer to see what happens, give them time to work the kinks out.
It is my understanding that the feature is or will be gone and a time frame for it to come back has not be noted as temporary or forever. The system was overwhelmed immediately and inventory depleted very quickly. I’d watch the news feeds to see if it
Returns once they can reproduce all those magic bands, ship etc. no good deed goes unpunished. Seen the same thing with over the top interest in AP and DVC special events and Starwars reservations in Disneyland. Sometimes the demand is high similar to concert, Super Bowl and World Siries ticket. There is always caps in availability.

Songbird76

Put my Mom on a Airplane to Cleveland for an ENTIRE week. Gives me a week to undo all mischief she has gotten into since September
They are driving to Middle of nowhere N.Y. for my nieces graduation form college Pre-med

On way back from there yesterday I stopped at my all time favorite Pizza Place from my childhood. Inside they have done nothing in 50 years. A flashback in time but yummy food

View attachment 375608

View attachment 375609
It reminds me of where we always went when we visited my mom's family in Dundee. We always went to Massi's pizza. I'm pretty sure it's gone now, or under different management, but they always cut their pizza like that instead of the triangles. I remember it was attached to a bowling alley, but we didn't ever go bowling. But my uncle would get me to eat more by telling me if I had room for a cookie, I had room for more pizza! So I'd eat another piece, and then ask "NOW can I have dessert?" and again, if you have room for dessert, you can eat more pizza. I'd be so stuffed when we left, and then we'd get back to their house and he'd say "Oh no, we're out of cookies!" and he'd walk with us to Dairy Queen to get ice cream sundaes. Back then, they had those baseball helmet bowls that they served the ice cream in and we collected. Good memories...thanks for sharing!

Songbird76

EEK! Those high fevers always really scared me. The doctor said kids just get really high fevers and it's no big deal, but it always made me nervous. A not eating much sure doesn't sound like her! I hope she's back to her snack-loving self soon!

Songbird76

We just got back from seeing Aladdin as well. Both hubs and I really enjoyed it and liked what was done with it. I actually wasn’t too concerned about Will Smith as the genie, I went in thinking he was going to be fine and he was . I’m looking forward to seeing it again.

I’m not so sure I’m going to be that thrilled with the Lion King though, but I’ll see it and give it a chance.
We're going to see Aladdin today. I have zero desire to see Dumbo, and I'm not really too interested in The Lion King live action, either. I did love the Cinderella live action, and Beauty and the Beast was good, though I love the animated so much. I hope Aladdin lives up to my expectations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom