The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I hate spinner bags. I like the good old follow behind or to the side bags. A few years ago when I went to Europe with my sister, she had a spinner and I had the follow behind. Many places in Europe had cobble stone walks and streets and those things hardly would move and they would go whatever direction that they wanted too. Mine was following along very obediently. I hate fads that cause me more work and those really did. The other thing is if you have more then one bag (I had a regular suitcase and a weekend one). I could connect with a built in strap and have one piggy back the other. One hand operation and it pulled as easily with two as with just one.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Putting this in my PTR and here...

OK... I need suggestions and opinions... I'm tired of being the only ones without spinner bags... I think it's time to upgrade the luggage ... what's everyones opinions on Hardside expandable spinners? Anyone have any suggestions on good/bad? Does anyone have soft side expandable spinners?

We are looking for something that might be different in color or pattern because everyone has a red softside bag these days.
TJMaxx or Marshall’s have lots of choices for very good prices.

donaldtoo

Times were different. Now a college degree is often a step to getting an interview. I also see people my age, trying to go back to school, to get the degree they never started, or completed, so they can get a promotion or raise. Honestly, I think in a lot of cases, that is strange. One case is a guy who has been working at the company for well over ten years, and knows their operation inside and out. He is currently enrolled in classes working towards an associate degree, to move to a bachelors degree. I am sure he will be a much better worker for them, once he finishes his history class.
And, FWIW, my HS district does offer dual credit classes in association with the local community college in skilled trades. The idea is coming back.

The idea really needs to come back even more purposefully, as all do not need, nor want, to pursue any more education than they need for their target (not “Target” - although, there’s nothing wrong with that ;)) career.
Again, I’m not cutting down full-blown college at all. What I have a problem with is the current climate of thought that every single person in this country needs at least a 4-year college degree to be successful in life...many, many tech school trained plumbers, electricians, A/C, etc. folks making tons of money would beg to differ with that.
I have no beef with those that choose to persue higher education (remember my recent post about a brilliant family friend that worked at Los Alamos National Laboratory?), but, it’s simply just not for everyone, nor does it need to be.
People just need to think practically instead of with their emotions...just REALLY think about your initial end goals that you need to get your career started, but, also always strive to continue learning.

We all depend on different professions and trades for the way our world works.
For example, we have no architectural engineers in our office. That is taken care of by different engineering firms we work with. I design, but, there are simple concepts that I’m well aware of when I do...
Stacking load bearing walls is much less expensive than putting them in the middle of substantial clear spans, ‘cause there’s gonna’ hafta’ be an expensive beam to carry that load. And, if a client wants something cantilevered (and they often do), we tell them that the exposed cantilever will require, at least, double-depth support inside the structure...more money.
We know more than enough about structure to advise, but, the engineers specialty is to make the actual calculations and cost it out.

Again, education, especially these days, can be a tedious thing that needs to be approached smartly and not emotionally. :)

Rista1313

I hate spinner bags. I like the good old follow behind or to the side bags. A few years ago when I went to Europe with my sister, she had a spinner and I had the follow behind. Many places in Europe had cobble stone walks and streets and those things hardly would move and they would go whatever direction that they wanted too. Mine was following along very obediently. I hate fads that cause me more work and those really did. The other thing is if you have more then one bag (I had a regular suitcase and a weekend one). I could connect with a built in strap and have one piggy back the other. One hand operation and it pulled as easily with two as with just one.

View attachment 363863View attachment 363864

The first style is what I currently have... and I use the piggy back a lot, but only because of my husbands back. He can't help me with that style because of the weight it puts on him... but with the spinner style, I think he would be able to push it and help.

Rista1313

I have the soft sided American Tourister Disney ones. They have expandable zippers. Got them from ebags. I used the cashback site topcashback.com. Right now there is an 18% cashback bonus. They probably have whatever luggage you are looking for. They shipped quickly.
I have used ebags for other things... I do like them, but they do tend to be more expensive. I have been able to find the same luggage elsewhere for cheaper

Cesar R M

I think everyone should enjoy just what they enjoy...
XvKyJlY.gif

But thats none of my business...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom