The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

I have yet to read it. I read WDWMagic Press News the same day along with the wagon stroller News and his News release on Ice.

I had posted Len's twitter about the Great Wagon debate so need to go there. Ice, knew why it had become dangerous and a liability to the CMs. But the smoking thread posts are so far off base. I can't read or participate. It has little to do with any of the enlargements or shaming happening though I am not a big fan of shaming anyone or rolling my eyes at them anymore than I would shame someone for their weight.

This decision this time is a totally different reason. If some members in that that thread had been spending a little less time up in arms and actually watched the news or read a newspaper once in a while over the past week, months or year they'd wouldn't be so willfully uninformed and drawn a different conclusion. It was right there so much prior to the Disney Press release. I give Disney Kudos for their forethought and planning ahead.

I definitely only read a few pages on the first day. Luckily hubby only smokes a pipe, and is not addicted, so although he is bummed that he won't be able to stop and have a relaxing pipe for a few minutes, he's not all up in arms about it. And since he can have a pipe at the resort in the morning and the evening.. he'll be fine.

Rista1313

some reason kids now have a form of communication of piercing screaming that can shatter glass.

Hubby and I talk about that a lot... in conjunction with child abduction. Because these kids seems to scream constantly when they are outside playing, if someone was trying to take one, I wouldn't even notice, because they always are screaming! Parents, parents to be, please put an end to the screaming!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
isnt that cable to protect the gondolas from lightning strikes?

The Gondolas attach and ride along the cable until it reaches a hub
DxipxBoWoAAKIY0.jpg

If it wasn't on a cable they would be like the Jetsons, hovering around. But boy that would be fun too!
th

Nah. It's to power the A/C.

touché :p

Gabe1

I definitely only read a few pages on the first day. Luckily hubby only smokes a pipe, and is not addicted, so although he is bummed that he won't be able to stop and have a relaxing pipe for a few minutes, he's not all up in arms about it. And since he can have a pipe at the resort in the morning and the evening.. he'll be fine.

I so understand someone reading the news part of it, beyond that who has that type of desire or time? I see the extraordinary amount of time and dedication to the Political Threads and it too is just rinse and repeat. But the smoking thread I don't understand at all the WHYS and just giggle at the participation in that type of thread. Mindless.

Cesar R M

The Gondolas attach and ride along the cable until it reaches a hub
DxipxBoWoAAKIY0.jpg

If it wasn't on a cable they would be like the Jetsons, hovering around. But boy that would be fun too!
th

touché :p
That is obvious.... but they are talking about the CENTRAL cable, which is visible in that photo (on top).

These are visible in electrical power distribution towers too.
Usually one is a fiber optic for communication between centrals, and the other is a lightning rod type cable to protect the high voltage cables from being direct.

Example of the cables ABOVE the ones used for carrying the weight of the gondolas.

https://cdn7..com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/disney-skyliner-testing-in-motion-february-2019_5.jpg
https://cdn7..com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/disney-skyliner-testing-in-motion-february-2019_5.jpg

Another example of the double cable ABOVE the large one carrying the gondolas..
https://cdn7..com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/gondola-in-motion-full-capacity-featured-990x556.jpg
https://cdn7..com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/gondola-in-motion-full-capacity-featured-990x556.jpg

edit wow the w d n t site is also blocked?

anyway heres a picture from a different source.
disney-skyliner-uncovered-testing.jpg

Note the central big cable ABOVE but between the other 2 smaller cables. I think that is the thing powering up the motors in the towers.
I'm no expert.. but it seems electric and connected to the system below.

BD391FE6-57E8-45E3-98C8-3D07986A961F.jpeg

Gabe1

I read an article about that from the granddaughter and she said she wanted people to know that it wasn't just that the coffee was hot, but that it was above industry limits. Like...there is a certain temperature that it can be, and it was way above that...almost boiling, and that the damage it caused required surgery and she almost died. So yeah....of course you expect coffee to be hot, but I guess she didn't expect it to be THAT hot.

Yes it was way and well beyond what was industry standards. Like with Disney there are people who will always defend Disney no matter what, the piling on the woman because something was served to her at a boiling temperature and dangerous to the human body they pile ons oversimplified it to coffee is hot. So not a fair simplification.

I saw the same thing with ice from an outdoor rink that slipped onto a viewing area of the rink and froze into black ice on the walkway. It just looked wet. The man slipped and cracked his head open on the bleachers. The ugly comments were ice is slippery.

But then there stupid the other way...A woman is suing FRIDAY'S 'cause she bought an individual bag of potato chips labeled Potato Skin Chips. The lawsuit is for $5 million dollars for a $2 bag of chips. Her contention is what was the bag stated Potato SKIN chips and the chips were not of SKINS but just potato chips. I can't wait to see if the Judge tosses it or if he awards her $2 and pay your own attorney fees. What kind of attorney goes before a judge with that?

Figgy1

Yes it was way and well beyond what was industry standards. Like with Disney there are people who will always defend Disney no matter what, the piling on the woman because something was served to her at a boiling temperature and dangerous to the human body they pile ons oversimplified it to coffee is hot. So not a fair simplification.

I saw the same thing with ice from an outdoor rink that slipped onto a viewing area of the rink and froze into black ice on the walkway. It just looked wet. The man slipped and cracked his head open on the bleachers. The ugly comments were ice is slippery.

But then there stupid the other way...A woman is suing FRIDAY'S 'cause she bought an individual bag of potato chips labeled Potato Skin Chips. The lawsuit is for $5 million dollars for a $2 bag of chips. Her contention is what was the bag stated Potato SKIN chips and the chips were not of SKINS but just potato chips. I can't wait to see if the Judge tosses it or if he awards her $2 and pay your own attorney fees. What kind of attorney goes before a judge with that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom