The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Oy. I can't believe that co-pilot brought down that aircraft on purpose! :mad:
According to a Spanish news site, they think he was turned into a terrorist at some point. Quite sad. Should be interesting to see what they find out.

Apparently passengers didn't know what was going on until the last moment. The last thing heard was their screams. Death was instantaneous. So horrific

Goofyernmost

Thank you for that.

Who knew? :depressed: - depressed, :hungover: - hungover.
I use them alternately to mean gross, ick, ewwwwwww!
As much as it pains me to defend you, I don't think that very many of them actually look like what they are trying to convey. In fact most are completely off... like the rolled eyes one. That doesn't depict sarcasm it is more of a "what's wrong with you" type of projection. Anyway, enjoy the moment, I'm sure that there aren't to many defenses to come your way. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes: Pick whichever one you think applies!

Yeah, until someone reports me and I get another demerit ....
The more demerits you get the more popular you become. Didn't they teach you anything in Canadian Schools?

On a different topic. I was watching TV the other day and a commercial for Velvetta "Liquid Gold" Shells and Cheese came on and I thought that I recognized one of the guys in the commercial. Finally it struck me... He was the pirate with the wooden eye in PoTC (original, at least) I don't remember the name of the character.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
On a different topic. I was watching TV the other day and a commercial for Velvetta "Liquid Gold" Shells and Cheese came on and I thought that I recognized one of the guys in the commercial. Finally it struck me... He was the pirate with the wooden eye in PoTC (original, at least) I don't remember the name of the character.
Mackenzie Crook played Ragetti in 3 of the 4 Pirates films, and in the yet to be released Dead Men Tell No Tales.

He was also in 6 episodes of Game of Thrones - which I don't watch, but Hubby does. Every time I hear a sex scene, I ask him what the he-ll he is watching.
(Slightly related - Prince Kit in Cinderella was also in GoT. Sooooooo handsome. Googled him, he's only 28; ergo, he does not reach my age-30 requirement to make it on to "the list".)

Crook also played Gareth in the UK version of The Office, who if memory serves is sort of the Dwight-type character.

Wikipedia link, here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackenzie_Crook

You're welcome. :)

Goofyernmost

Mackenzie Crook played Ragetti in 3 of the 4 Pirates films, and in the yet to be released Dead Men Tell No Tales.

He was also in 6 episodes of Game of Thrones - which I don't watch, but Hubby does. Every time I hear a sex scene, I ask him what the he-ll he is watching.

Crook also played Gareth in the UK version of The Office, who if memory serves is sort of the Dwight-type character.

Wikipedia link, here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackenzie_Crook

You're welcome. :)
Yea, like I said, he's the guy that had the wooden false eye in the Pirates Movies. All the rest, though temporarily interesting will not be staying in my memory banks, but, hey, I'm nothing if not gracious. Thanks for all that info! :rolleyes:

Maybe he could borrow my eye patch!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When my DD and I went during Flower and Garden last year. In the gift shop I bought $100 gift card. It was great to use for bottled water, an adult beverage in the WS, my DD craving a cupcake, those small little purchases where I didn't want to dig out my wallet, I just kept it in my back pocket.

NOTE: A tip I've shared from my DS a few times. Take a photo of the codes on the back of the card. If lost or stolen go immediately to guest services and with those numbers they can void the card at the balance remaining. Same thing if you have a hard admission or party ticket. Take a photo of those numbers on those also.

That's very good advice. Thank you.

Eric1955

yikes.. big pass for me.

Id take Queen anytime.

:eek: Your comment has wounded me.:(;)

I'm a huge, huge, huge Slade fan. I have well over 70 of their songs on my iTunes. They created so much great music. And their 70's glam rock fashion style was so weirdly awesome.
1294866544-slade_promo_470x394.jpg

Their song "Merry Xmas Everybody" is still the most popular Christmas song in the UK (and it's my personal favorite).

Slade even had their own movie called Slade in Flame
58c27e6ffd1e0fc848a6443f9d2c80d8.jpg

Some of their songs were successfully covered by American bands (you know like the krappy Quite Riot ones). Slade was very adaptable and had a comeback in the 80's with their only songs to chart in the US.

Just incase anyone is interested here is a BBC documentary about Slade.

I'm very sincere when I say think Slade is by far the greatest band ever! :cool:
slade-sladest-2562.jpg

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh I love olives too. I lean to salt and savory over sweet snacks anyhow. I wish the DDP would give you the choice of appetizer or dessert vs just dessert. The first time I had the dining plan it included both and tip.

Two interesting points here: first, I find it frustrating that they used to give you both appetizer and dessert, and tip! :jawdrop: too, but now just dessert and no tip. Second, my guess is that it may cost them more to make the appetizers, versus desserts made of mostly flour and sugar. That's just a guess, but I'll bet you that's why you can't choose the appetizer over the dessert now.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I so don't want to stay and take my class. I'm so tired. I was talking with some nurses last night and they are also feeling run down. We are thinking it's the springtime allergies.

Healer and person of good will to your needy patients, take care of thyself first, please. Rest when you need to rest. You deserve it, and you can catch up on class work later. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom